Groble rock eater is glitched

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, May 26, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Essence drain and 2 hits from reaper's blade leaves it at 1 hp when it should kill it.

Out of all the champs I can't believe this would be the champ with a glitch like that, as if it isn't already hard enough to kill.
    (thread resolved, essence drain or reapers blade is rounded down apparently)

nerf rock eater :(.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

God this is why I hate FW.

Bawww my Insta skills don't work on you, nerf!

Sorry while I do math vs your HP counting

Grimhold likes this.
  3. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

yes 100 nora for an "insta skill" that also requires 2 attacks and a champion.

4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

So if something isn't working the way it should (and consistantly, does) you think it should stay that way because it's "OP"?

You're the most ignorant person I've ever seen posting here.
    Congratz, you outrank mw24 (for once)

BurnPyro and claydude5 like this.
  5. Grimhold

Grimhold New Member

While it should be working , it is a little laughable that you are complaining about a drag and click-insta kill combo that requires little to no thought or positioning other than having a champ in play.

6. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

A champ in play with the ap and positioning to attack twice. Don't act like 100 nora is even a fantastic trade for a kill.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Looks like it is due to rounding.
    58 * .5 = 29
    58 * .25 = 14.5 which should round to 15 since it doesn't specify rounded up or down.

If a banner was out
    63 * .5 = 31.5 which should round to 32 since it doesn't specify rounded up or down.
    63 * .25 = 15.75 which should round to 16 since it doesn't specify rounded up or down.

If also boosted(3)
    69 * .5 = 34.5 which should round to 35 since it doesn't specify rounded up or down.
    69 * .25 = 17.25 which should round to 17 since it doesn't specify rounded up or down.

None of these examples show why 1 HP would have been left over, unless ED rounded down on the boosted example.

SaintKiwi, JaceDragon and Rokkushun like this.
  8. Grimhold

Grimhold New Member

Because that's so difficult to pull off ? Its 95, and when you factor in that they get the globe, plus the fact that Reapers will still be on the champ, it is in fact, a fantastic combo for a champ kill. It has lessened somewhat in the era of more efficient champs, but it is still very very strong.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

How is it any different from quickening/draconic, mind slicer boomerang/retribution, hammer strike bane blast, lightning storm lightning rod, monsoon drown, swap/gale force.

The combo is fine, especially with this game still having broken super champs like groble rock eater for 68 nora. There is very little in fw(or in most decent bgs in general) that can actually kill rock eater, it would be nice if this could.

This isn't about the combo, this is about one of the hardest champs to kill in the game being glitched. A champ I currently run 2x of.

claydude5 likes this.
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is WAI. It has to do with how each effect handles rounding.

I made a post about it in a short piece on insta-kill combos in the FW forums more than a month back, and brought this up:

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/primer-preview-kill-comboes.12421/

If something like this comes up, I recommend you do a forum search or some further testing on your own before making a post about it.

11. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I appreciate you.

12. Grimhold

Grimhold New Member

None of those are a guaranteed instakill bar the monsoon drown combo, which costs 20 nora more though it is easier to do. The fact that you even tried to compare all of those as if they were remotely similar just makes you look naive . All I have seen from you on the forums and what has been a consistent attribute of your forum posts is "everything i play is fine , anything i lose to is OP" , and makes you look foolish and discredits any viable points you may have.

Your, what I can only describe as a campaign, against IS over the past few months has been eclipsed by that ridiculous statement you just made. GRE is a 'broken super champ' ? 10 damage, 6 speed , 2 defence 58hp, Rock Eater, Vuln Magic.

With 10 damage he isnt exactly going to be going around wrecking anybody is he ? Ok fair enough hes immune to physical. But alternative damage has never been easier to come by. And he is Vulnerable to the second most distributed damage type in the game in magic. And then, to further make your statement even more laughable you say that there is very little in FW that can kill it ? I mean did you actually just say that ? The faction with : Essence Drain, Reapers, Soulreave , Doom, Soulbane, Steal Life , Death touch and many many other loss of life and strong magic types that completely own the Rock Eater ? My god, come back when your faction hate for IS isnt overflowing in every ridiculous sentence you try and form.

The Rock Eater is in no way overpowered, some argument could be made towards a boosted rock eater thats been superiored and toughened etc , but that is another completely different issue.

He is perhaps on the side of being too efficient, but every faction has champions like those and he is not so far on the side of efficient to warrant the amount of hate he has been getting.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

(Read this post IS Zealots... stop posting stuff like the dude I am quoting about me)
    drown can be used with any water source or used twice after 1 monsoon. It is the best instant kill in the game. I really don't care if I look naive to you, why should it matter how you see me especially when you don't even have your facts straight and seem like you are lacking knowledge on the 2 factions. I play a ton of different bgs, nearly everything. I just was ranked 2 with IS before I stopped playing it after the patch, when you make complete bs statements with no facts or truth behind them you are the one who looks naive.(I am currently running 2x rock eater in my bg, lol gd is funny, free shards is awesome I can play the game again... gg poxbox)

Other than tiny I have been pretty much the highest ranked person playing IS recently... wtf are you talking about?

Wow, I don't even know what else to say to your post. X___x

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The topic of this thread has been resolved: GRE is not glitched.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nope, just broken lol.

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- You sure you didn't essence drain it second ? :p

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nah, guessing the IS player had banner out and GRE had been in play for 2 rounds or less.

mw24 likes this.
  18. Grimhold

Grimhold New Member

I said drown was better. What facts did I not have straight exactly ? And how am I apparently lacking knowledge of the factions ? You were the one who said FW had little options to kill GRE, and I gave examples of 7 different, efficient ways for FW to kill it. It's pretty clear you are the one lacking knowledge. What you play has no bearing on the statements you made. As for rank, dont make me laugh, are we pretending that any of form of skill, and not the fact that you no life the game and simply play more than everyone else equates to a high rank ? We could count the number of good players in the game on our fingers and you would not number among them.

In no way shape or form did you defend your statement on how the GRE is a 'broken super champ' other than ' I run 2 of them lulz' and neither did you counter argue my points on why it was not overpowered. All you have done is make yourself look even more childish and further enhance everyones already poor opinion of you. You are clearly incapable of posting constructively so perhaps it would be wise for you to refrain from doing so at all. The majority of people that still play Pox actually care about it, and your 'herp derp 'X' is OP' posts, without any explanation of why said rune is OP, or providing suitable changes to said rune, do nothing for the game.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

So now the time I put into the game to learn it and become good at it doesn't make me more knowledgeable or better at the game and is just no lifing? Is that what you say about anyone who is better and more knowledgeable than you at something? If I beat you in a basketball game or chess would you just tell me I won or know it better because I no life at it too? Lol, I am not wasting my time responding to any other part of your post. Just in case you didn't know it is called practice. You might want to try it if you want to become good at anything in life.

wtf............. o_O

I expected you to apologize or admit that you were wrong but you actually doubled down on your stance. Lmao.