Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hah, nice. Ask Gav if he would like his name to pop up on our little thread here.
    On the rank, I've reached rank 5 or 6 I think post Naxx expansion while using Deathrattle Hunter - it was fun, I think I could have managed higher but time constraints didnt allow me to. Thats my highest.
    Since then Im struggling to find a deck that would take me to higher ranks with ease, but I just cant find one - I still have reaching Legendary in that game as a goal.

2. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Ew, Hunter. :p
    That your favorite?

Highest I've ever gotten is Rank 3. Earlier on I even successfully played a basic deck from rank 9 to 6. This is all with Paladin.

Felt like I would need to play waaay more than I was willing to for Legendary.

I'm Rank 9 now, would be higher if I played more Paladin/seriously, but I like messing around and kind've stopped playing as much after I got Golden Pally, and when playing ranked it feels like I should at least work on getting golden heroes for other classes.

@Ragic fell to rank 10 to check, it's top 9%.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

ehhh I'm 15 right now, that's what you get for doing dumb quests in ranked (like the 40 spells one). Highest I got was midway through 13. I really don't play that much save for dailies.
    Was that with the old Undertaker? That deck looked dumb op

Speaking of dailies, I've been playing pally a bunch with this. Considering the amount of face I see in this range would it make sense to drop the Egg+Argus thingie and simply play Senjins and some random 2 drops instead? I would also switch Might and SSC for some stuff... just no idea on what exactly.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Yeah, old Undertaker. Got my 500 wins with it, was good to end matches prior to turn 5.
    And to your question: when running eggs, I always have like 8 ways of attacking with it, I think your 4 ways are too low, so you might as well drop it, yes. If you are running Muster you should be running Dagger dude, its a great combo to pull off. Also, Id drop the 6 mana dragons and put something else in its place.

Also, to your question Legatobud, yes Hunter is my favorite class, however I stopped playing it entirely after I got the golden portrait. Now Im rolling with Warlock (350 wins), then Mage (120ish wins) and go from there.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Just pulled a Dr. Boom. Looks like a good fit for ..... every deck I have?

6. Legato

Dr. Balanced, yeah.

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Pretty much, unless you're going face/zoo and your curve tops out at 4-5.

Who am I kidding, jam it in there. And grats, I'm jealous.

8. Ragic

heres what ive learned so far. when I play dr doom before my opponent does, I win. If I don't play him first, I sometimes win.

9. Pedeguerra

Yeah, its unbelieavable that Dr. Balanced is the same since release.

10. Legato

Dr. Balanced fits even facehunter.

11. Ragic

rank 15 to rank 7. its obscene.

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I never bothered with Heroics until today.

It's pure unadulterated bullshit. I'm about to punch something.

13. Ragic

i have no idea how to beat maexxna heroic.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Get to turn 10 removing stuff with cheap Charge champ filling her board with 1 power stuff preferably, stay alive with Farseer+Voodoo doc then chain 2x Healbot until she decks out. Super lame and boring but that's how I managed it.

15. Pedeguerra

Hahahaha do it.
    Then, after you do the punching, check out Hearthpwn and find the deck you need in order to beat the bosses.
    I already finished both Naxx and BRM on Heroic, and even though not receiving golden cards for beating them sucks, at least the card backs are nice.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Did that. Half the time the answer is "oh just go freeze mage with Alex and like 6 epics you don't have, it's easy" ...yeah ok.

Still managed to clear most of Naxx and did a bit or BRM but even with a decent build, restarting the same encounter like 15 times because you didn't get Acid Ooze+Taunt in time to avoid 20 to the face is frustrating to say the least.

Basically, Firk Military Quarters.

17. Pedeguerra

Yeah, it gets annoying trying to mulligan for the hand you need, although if I recall correctly I finished it in my 2nd or 3rd attempt. Luck is a biatch.
    I found way more annoying that guy who only gives you 1 mana and all cards cost 1 and he gets 2 mana all cards costing 1 - that was a pain in the ****, and I was packed with a lot of legends.

18. Ragic

I like how the card backs are a measure of play dedication and not just dlc.

I also don't mind them requiring (to some extent) specific rare cards. makes getting them in a pack nice even if they aren't meta.

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Oh yeah, just opened a golden Black Knight Dr. Boom

20. Pedeguerra

KKKKKKKK
    Seriously, though, did you DE that golden Black Knight? Yeah, I would NOT have done that.