kf tortles

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by TheBulwark, Jun 3, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Hey guys I really wanna make a FF KF Tortun deck. I have a lotta the commons and uncommons lvled from ages ago. This isnwhat I have for champs so far
    Screenshot_2015-06-03-22-18-43.png
    Im thinking captains are a must have and battle mystics for magic (although im considering arrowsingers as a non tortun rune splice). Definitely need tremir and im excited to mess around with transports. Im wondering though about gunbatteries for standoffs and repeaters potentially instead of the barrage men. Oh man, the options are endless! People please help and post your bg so I can see them and then tell me some of the interactions you like and why they are effective. Thanks all!

2. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Repeater, minelayer, and privateer captain are a must based on their knockback interactions with suppressing fire and deploying mines. I'd say that is what is mostly carrying the theme atm. Portalmage's summons are ridiculously strong. corsair is good for punishing nora gen. Tortun favored and the tort transport can allow you to cycle through nora shields.

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Don't forget Groundpounder, with Crushing Blow, he tank pretty well. Pigmy is a good gret cheap meat. Also, use Eriluun's Favor (spell) for extra +1spd for all your units, Tortun Barrage Cannon x2 (especially if full bg). I like to use an Avenging Angel for Invigorate and deploy heal. I will don't post my bg, since I'm using KF/FS.

4. TheBulwark

Scrampy can you post your bg, it sounds like half the stuff im running you didnt mention >.<

5. scrampy

https://poxbase.com/deck/ChYcawcyOcyDCyAcivcyHCyUCixcimCo8cyIs7s5-s5Ts1as5Ws4KsLr3nr2YrUeWe2weM

I'm using a good number of the torts from your BG, just wanted to mention many of the things that were not in your BG in case you were interested. I don't do the whole transport/reset nora shield (And other abilities) trick but it is something to keep in mind if you want to do it. Groundpounders, privateers, grenadiers, broadside, minelayers, and repeaters all really work well together because they all synergize with knockback/traps really well.

6. TheBulwark

So yu dont run magic or alt damage really?

7. scrampy

Yeah magic damage is lacking. I figured I'm better off just accepting that torts will be weak against certain BGs (Namely those that abuse incorpeal) than using subpar magic units. Battlemystic and tortun favored are probably your best bet if you want to include a magic user. The alt damage is there in the form of grenadiers and burning oak seed. Also things like explosive attack on minelayer are fire based.

As a sidenote, I also shift between taking slamhammer out for grimlics eye for detection purposes.

8. TheBulwark

What is subpar about mystics?

9. scrampy

3-4 range is my least favorite and really hurts him because he has to get pretty close to hit but once engaged is in trouble given his low health pool and min range of 3. Ponderous makes the issue worse. Arrow eater and mystic push are strong abilities but for me it is not enough to offset that range.

10. TheBulwark

I c