Heroes of the Storm

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kharon, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tangy#1426 is my real id

hit me up if you wanna play sometime. It apparently came out today and I have been playing since alpha, tis a great game.

2. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Have they changed it much since beta? As someone coming from Dota, the fact that leveling was team wide was frustrating. Like even if you're performing well, your impact is limited, so a strong player can't carry a weak team like they can in other mobas.

3. Kharon

Nah, still a team based game. I carry fools all the time by pinging like a madman. Pretty fun. When you were playing, were players playing like idiots? That might have been a reason for your frustration. If you actually have a team that knows what they're doing it is quite enjoyable.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

The gameplay itself is fine, but I feel like some heroes are either completely worthless (e.g. Chen) or completely bonkers (e.g. Valla). Perhaps it's too early to tell.

On the upside, I absolutely love the fact that I don't have to carry baddies like in League or DOTA. People just aren't used to a more team-centric MOBA because other games have taught them it's either carry or be carried. With HotS, you can be 0/20 and still be contributing immensely to the outcome of the game (provided you aren't just feeding intentionally). It's sort of like the Communism of MOBAs, where League and DOTA are Fascist.

Kharon and Anima26 like this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Chen is worthless? He's one of the most broken ****s on the game...

Kharon and Anima26 like this.
  6. Kharon

Yeah I'll agree with H0spy on that one, Chen is probably one of the best tanks in the game. I love the fact that this game incorporates objectives that you have to complete in order to win the game. It allows the game to never be truly one sided, I have had games where we were up 2 levels and really pushing. I have lost those games because we lost the objective, totally our fault. I love the fact that the tides can basically turn at any point in the game.

But yeah any of you can add me to Real ID, I play this game a good bit and would love to play with new people. Especially my bruh h0espy.

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Already added you baby, I'm about to finish up my current game if you wish to play

Kharon likes this.
  8. Kharon

I do agree that Valla is pretty bonkers by the way, I have had games where I have well exceeded over 100,000 hero damage compared to everyone else's 60-70 thousand.

9. Kharon

I'm in school atm I'll get on afterwards and play some games with you.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  10. JazzMan1221

See, there's my own "League Blindness" showing, and just further illustrates my point. Tanks in League are not only tanky, but also do Bane Shift tons of damage and provide immense CC (Sejuanni, Gragas, Udyr, etc.) while tanks in HotS are just that: tanky and little else. Even I'm so used to seeing tanks be monstrous powerhouses in all areas that I can't get behind a tank that's only tanky. Basically, it's been a long time since I've played a MOBA that made as much sense as HotS. I'll give Chen another look, since I honestly love playing him, but it will take me a while to warm up to the idea of being a true tank.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  11. Kharon

Chen's CC relies on his AOE slow (keg smash), his ultimate which is Storm, Earth, Fire allows him to split into 3 champions which all do damage that is where the real damage output starts and it really allows some confusion. Also if you really want to be a good Chen tank, don't ever stop using his passive, EVER.

12. JazzMan1221

Heh, I always take the barrel rolling ability. That provides WAY more CC and can really screw with people's positioning. You can even knock people behind your towers so they can't get out of your base lol. It's too much fun not to upgrade. Other than that though, the slow from his keg is alright, but soft CC pales in comparison to something like Muradin's Q, even if it is AOE.

13. Vote Kanye 2020

If you want a tank that deals damage, I would advise Diablo (If you haven't played him already) He's seems most similar to a league champ out of all the tanks.

14. Kharon

Wandering Keg is nice for knocks into other ultimate's such as Nova's, E.T.C's, Kael'thas, Jaina's AOE, etc.

15. Kharon

Dat Lightning Breath damage though

16. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

You mean capitalistic.

17. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

This.
    Think they took out too many things that I would say make Mobas mobas. I love the variety and the maps though, I think that's the game's only saving grace.
    A lot just seems so inconsequential, no last hitting, not enough reward for playing well. Don't like team-wide leveling, and even with talents the lack of items decreases diversity. I think it's designed to take out a lot of the thinking and decision making...
    Somethings do seem bonkers though, like Sylvanas turning towers off, lol.

Definitely more newbie friendly than the others. Though everything errs on the expensive side, imo. If you guys haven't seen it there's an honest trailer for this which is spot on.

Morfeas likes this.