Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Don't care about golden cards really, I have no trouble dusting them if I can get something I'd actually use.

No bling in my decks, default card backs, I roll lean.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

yeah I dust gold cards unless they are in a class I play and I don't already own 2x normal ones. now if I pull a gold a tirion, ill probably have to hang onto that one. grats Jib.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Just got Thanos, 2x Blade Furry and a SI Agent in 2 packs. The game is trying to tell me something.
    [​IMG]

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I'm not seeing a whole lot of variety in the rogue decks I come across. but that deck is a killer.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So, what are your thoughts on the new hero skins?
    All I can say is: GGWP Blizzard, after 1 and a half year you will make me spend money on the game.
    /slowclap

6. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Been playing tempo mage for a week now and it is hilarious. Im running 2x counterspell instead of the typical mirror entity. It's funny watching my opponent try to play around it by wasting his turn on a weak minion. Had a few games on low life where my opponent has emoted 'well played' as in next turn 'you are dead'. OOPS, counter spell procs and I double fireball for the win.

For some reason I gravitate to the trolling decks. :rolleyes:

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah so I noticed the first weekend of a ladder reset is not the same game as usual... I can usually cruise to 15 without much trouble but my win rate must be close to 25% in the last few days. Didn't help that I had 3x60g quests in classes I never play.

Good news is I'm one Prep short of a pretty nice Oil deck, even if I still have no clue how to play it properly. It's way too light on threats for my taste. Got to fatigue a bunch of times without anyway to push for the last few hits I needed. But when it works, it's pretty impressive.

Couple of random thoughts:

-Even if you saw no indications about it by turn 9 and a bunch of stuff that doesn't usually fit in the deck, always assume a Warrior is playing Patron. Always.
    -Your Dr.Boom will always get BGH'd. Always.
    -Firk Ysera. How the hell do you even deal with that? Only time I came close was on a 33% Sylvannas steal and lost anyway because I was a turn too late.
    -RNG is starting to get on my nerves. I don't have the stomach to play Shaman because of it. Even Implosion is borderline. Don't get me started on Unstable Portal.
    -lol 10$ dressup drama

8. Scarebear

You know you can flip 1 quest/ day right?

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yes, that's how I ended up with the 60's in the first place. I want those. I just had a harder time doing them with Rogue/Warlock/Druid than say Hunter/Pally/Mage.

10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

So my friends told me that they are gonna stop playing league with me until i pick up hearthstone.

How does one get started?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. Scarebear

500mb d/l.
    Google the hidden quests so you know how to quickly get free packs.
    Stick with a class that has good basic cards so you can actually win once in awhile. I recommend Mage or Huntard (nobody will like you as a hunter). Unlock all the basic cards by grinding single player.
    After 10 pvp games or something you get thrown into the cesspit that is casual against all players. Casual is not really casual. You will get rekt.
    After you have decided you like the game and it is worthy of some investment buy naxx and blackrock mountain. A lot of the cards from there are deck enablers.
    Buy some packs and pray to Rngesus. You are way behind and will need to spend a bit to catch up.

PurpleTop likes this.
  12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

13. Pedeguerra

Nice, we need more people for our Pox army on HS.
    Unrelated, I played a bunch of Pox yesterday - yeah, I'm not doing that again. I'd rather spend my time on HS.

PurpleTop likes this.
  14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Woo new mode confirmed, still have no clue what it will be (One week might feature preset decks, while another week could have you crafting a brand new Tavern Brawl deck following specific guidelines, while others might offer buffs to specific minion types—who knows!) but yeah, new stuff.

15. Pedeguerra

Hype!
    More details:

• There’s a rumbling behind the doors of the Tavern. Hearthstone’s latest patch is coming soonand it introduces some big changes and features, so let’s throw open the doors and find out what’s next on tap!

Introducing Tavern Brawl!
      Tavern Brawl is a new way to play Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft!

[​IMG]

Each week, a different Tavern Brawl will pit you head to head versus another player using exciting and unique rules. One week might feature preset decks, while another week could have you crafting a brand new Tavern Brawl deck following specific guidelines, while others might offer buffs to specific minion types—who knows!

Tavern Brawl can be found below the Play, Solo Adventures, and the Arena buttons on the main Hearthstone screen. You may have to toughen up before entering the fray—Tavern Brawl is unlocked once a player has a level 20 Hero.

The possibilities for fun inside Tavern Brawl are endless— the only thing you should expect is the unexpected!

Brawl with Buddies

[​IMG]
      While it’s fun to get into Tavern Brawls with strangers, it’s also a blast to brawl with your buddies! To start a Tavern Brawl with a friend, enter the Tavern Brawl menu, open your Friends List, and push the ‘Challenge’ button next to your friend’s name. After they accept, press the Brawl Friend button and let the battle begin!

GET IN HERE
      The first playable Tavern Brawl arrives in Mid-June, so get ready to pile on and knock some heads together. Brawls get plenty rowdy, so the Innkeeper will definitely need a couple of days after each one ends to get the inn all tidied up before the next brawl begins. That means Tavern Brawls are temporarily closed while the Innkeeper cleans up before a new, different brawl starts—so be sure to get a match or two in while you can! Stay up to date on when the next Tavern Brawl begins by keeping an eye on the official Hearthstone Twitter and Facebook.

[​IMG]Tavern Brawls will have free admission when the new mode becomes available. As part of the launch celebration, you'll earn a free card pack when you win your first game of the week in the first several brawls!

New Challengers Appear
      New Heroes put a fresh face on the classes you know and love. Each new Hero takes an iconic personage from Warcraft history and brings them to the inn. These Heroes feature animated portraits, a unique animated version of their Hero Power, personalized game board artwork, all new emotes, special match start animations, and a custom-themed card back.

These Heroes will be available for purchase using real money in the Heroes section of the in-game shop.

Magni Bronzebeard, King of Khaz Modan and Thane of Ironforge, is the new Warrior Hero. This noble dwarf will bring the hammer down upon his foes! He’s not the only new face coming to the tavern, and there are more heroes yet to come:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Keep in mind that new Heroes do not add new cards to your collection, change the classes’ Hero Power, and are notconsidered new classes.

Customize Your Decks
      Customize each of your decks like never before by assigning each one its own card back! Your card back collection has been moved to the Collection Manager. Selecting a card back will give you a closer look at it and allow you to set it as your favorite, making it your default card back for all decks.

If you want to assign a different card back to one of your decks, just open the deck you want to assign the card back to, select the card back tab in your Collection Manager, then drag your card back into the waiting card back slot.

[​IMG]

Your new Heroes work the exact same way! Just go to the Heroes tab to see all the Heroes you’ve collected. Select a Hero and set them as a favorite, which will assign them to every deck you play with that class. You can also pick and choose Heroes for specific decks, so if a new Hero has joined your collection, you don’t have to leave an old favorite out in the cold.

Each deck in your collection can be assigned a unique card back and Hero.

Let the Games Begin!
      We hope you enjoy all the new features coming with Patch 2.7. Be sure to get into a Tavern Brawl, add a new Hero to your roster, and have fun picking a different card back for each of your decks.

We’ll see you at the inn!
    Man, Hearthstone doesnt stop surprising me and make me want to stick around.
    I want that HUNTER ELF ASAP.

Edit: with this new patch I will probably drop Pox completely (as if I hadn't). Id rather worry and talk about HS now than spend my time here raging and trying to solve problems that are completely out of my hand. I will be entering hibernation mode here on Pox forums, except for our beloved HS forums. See ya!

SaintKiwi likes this.
  16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

omg

SaintKiwi likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

As a guy who already owns 99% of the classic cards, I gotta say: this would rock!

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I just checked for the hell of it and there's still 12 Classic COMMONS I don't even own, let alone 2x. And let's not even get started on the rares+

Compared to GvG, where I already have 2x everything worth playing at common/rare... yeah that's pretty good news.

19. Pedeguerra

Good news indeed, but Id still prefer if they gave the option of receiving the classic pack or GvG pack as a reward. Well, it's an improvement at least.
    Also, yeah 99% was a stretch, since I dont have all Legendaries. I do have 3k dust, though. Humm.

20. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I don't know about the skins. Will have to see what the paladin one is like.

Interesting news with the tavern brawl, hm. Unless it helps me get more cards/shinies easier I don't think it'll be consequential though...