Upcoming: Heroic Achievements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Hopefully they don't ask you to switch factions in any competitive nature since getting and leveling an Avatar is still so Firking stupid.

2. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Oh come on now, you have the easy option to level your avatar with only 58k gold or so.

It's wonderful.

Will need further details and see if it isn't one of these things that does nothing but promote more grinding and have people forget about it eventually.

But yay new things!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

New people. Spending gold on runes.

4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I guess I wasn't sarcastic enough. My bad.

Point being that much like leveling champs, there is no viable alternative for something that more often than not happens to be a must.

Just generally hoping these challenges are enticing enough and bring actual novelty to the game for the current player base, at the very least. They have all been hyping pretty hard so I can only hope it lives up to it.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's a piece of a bigger puzzle. I wouldn't personally say this is being hyped very hard.

I hope everyone keeps in mind these are supposed to be OPTIONAL objectives. You don't HAVE to them and they aren't intended to be completed without paying attention to them.

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

are they active yet and will they be achievable only in ranked or also in casual play?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

"next expansion"

8. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Will there be shard reward for each task or do you only get shard if you have completed all tasks which spread out in a week or half a month?

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Currently, the reward structure is slated to be gold for the individual achievements, and shards for completing all the achievements. That might change before it launches or even after it launches tho.

10. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

If rewards are Gold an Shards... Really... I don't need it. Give me alternative/special faction runes and we can return talking about this.

But perhaps even for that, since the only thing I care about this game, is smashing the face of my opponent with my demons and my b1tches.

The only achievement, I would like to be exalted, it is how much pain I could inflict on my next.

11. Hawk

Hawk The King of Potatoes

Sounds intresting! Hope the rewards are worth it.

12. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

When I first saw the title, I thought it would be the community event we had recently (most played player for X period of time win Y gold/shard) but automated in a shorter time span with lesser reward but with a live update ladder.

This idea seems like for the first round a few would try out but eventually see its as too much effort for the reward and would just be ignored.

Newer player see this and figured out the reward is very long time dragged and probably opt out too.

I know we haven't seen the reward and exact time frame but I would just like DOG take this into consideration too.

13. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Lol sok u copied tanks this time, last time it was league wit them reskins