Serkan vs Xulos

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by vipoid, Jul 14, 2015.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I suspect this is a silly question, but why is Xulos so much more widely used than Serkan?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cause Xulos is an OG plotter, and Serkan just showed up and acted all powerful.

For gameplay? Because 90 nora for Dark Favor 3, Death Pact, and Tariff fits into way more BGs than a 100 nora ranged buttercup super champ.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You mean serkan showed up threatened xulos and he was all like oh okay i'll be a little coward now. Serkan FTW xulos a *****boi

Serkan cant do much more than tap and run away. Xulos is an absolute monster on the other hand however.

4. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

What ever happened to Lich King :(

5. themacca

Serkan Killed that mofo as soon as he returned from the utterdark. guy was just a pretender anyways

Uruboz likes this.
  6. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Serkan needs surge lich again, is very risky wait fuel with vendetta, remember: 1 champion die for 1 dmg, is a bad Investment.

7. themacca

mate i think you need to start playing again. hes had surge lich for a while now

8. vipoid

It does mean his damage is awful outside of liches though.

And if you're using him in liches, you instead have the problem that liches are garbage. :p

9. themacca

12 damage at 6 range isn't really garbage. on top of vengeful stacks pretty quick in FW. also liches aren't that bad they just crutch heavily on leverage and range spam

10. vipoid

Even when it costs ~100 nora?

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What the heck do you expect for a teleporting, 7 speed unit? 15 DMG? 12/6/Vengeful/Siphon is more than plenty. Surge is a piece of crap anyway.

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Could you expand on this please?
    Is it crap on this unit or generally speaking?

13. vipoid

I'm guessing you've never heard of diminishing returns.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't like the ability in general, on a lot of units. It's been passed around a lot. In this particular case, I think you're trading off a ton of later-game damage and versatility for a tiny boost in a junky theme, so it's also a bad upgrade, even in Liches.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There's also a lot more to an ability and a game than one unit's scaling in a vacuum.

16. vipoid

True.

Assuming you're using it in Liches, what extra versatility is Vengeful giving you over Surge?

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

K, thanks.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Assuming I'm using Liches (cause all upgrades are BG dependant and this may be less true if someone else is running a different list) I'd be jamming at least a couple non-Lich units, for a couple reasons. First, the actual Lich pool for a couple slots, namely durable, cheap melee, is tiny. Second, FW has a ton of abusive stuff that is both abusive and synergistic. So even in a Liches list, I'd run at least 1x Death Guard, 1x Dusk Creeper, and 1x Bile Zombie (because Necro Hex is especially good in Liches). Death Guard and Bile are built to die. By running Vengeful over Surge, Serkan gains more stable damage with much higher scaling.

I could see a case for Surge because it has a higher kick early, and because you might want to approach early and mid-game differently. But at least the way I would approach building Liches, I think Vengeful is better.