Poor Choices in Poxnora's Lore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

1- Barbarians are a Race, sorry to dissapoint you. In history, Barbarians are all the "non-civilian" people, it's a term that have origin in the Greek or Roman time (don't remember so sure). They are not like an Archer, a Warrior or a Mage, they are a group of peoples, an race. Yes, they are human, but was classified different.
    2- Have you ever seen an Undead to tell that they fear nothing, don't get poisoned or don't get disease? Also, Boon removal was for the Balance issues, and the majority of players wanted it for a long time.

Revengercm, SPiEkY and profhulk like this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It's quite simply really. Water exists in SL purely due to all the times players have used the Ice Storm + Firestorm + Boil combo. This water is used to enrich the sand enough to plant Tainted Vinecreepers, which are obviously a form of produce eaten by the lower animal life in SL (e.g. Beatcats, Scythebills, Sandhunters). The Skeezick eat these animals and the Draksar/Dragons dine mostly on frogs legs, and the occasional Skeezick. As far as exports go, I hear SL has a huge stockpile of useless Poison Fangs that they fashion into necklaces and sell at the Slum Market.

SPiEkY, Karamasov and Bellagion like this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I just hope they do something about hex champions. cd 3 on hex ruined pretty much all of them. Terrible suggestion whoever recommended the devs do this.

TheBulwark likes this.
  4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Draksar Army upkeep plan:
    1. bait ST into invading them by provoking a war
    2. ST casts Ice Storms and Shardmasters throw ice everywhere
    3. ice melts into water
    4. ???
    5. crops to eat

Akakios, you wily sonuva--you've done it again!

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

4- All of SL drowns, except for Draksar Marines and Psions

6. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

I think Barbarian as a Class is a bit redundant with Warrior, Ranger, and (especially) Brute... i.e. all of the other things that "Barbarian" evokes.

Wouldn't it be better to just give the Barbarian "race" a thematic name? Kind of like DAoC had lots of different "races" of humans (Britons, Avalonians, Saracens, Highlanders, Norse, and Celt). Human ethnicity is extremely diverse so its not too difficult to understand the Ironfist humans as having different traits from the Elsari of Forsaken Wastes, etc.

"Barbarian" as a word is a bit funny. I can't imagine any people willingly referring to themselves as "barbarians". Historically it was a derogatory term that meant "non-Greek" :)

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Man you could've put anything with this gif and you'd have gotten likes.

8. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I would say no where near 90% of people wanted boon removed but oh well

9. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

u were a h8er boy i said c u l8er boy

Karmavore and TheBulwark like this.
  10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Great. Another player gone and his reasons ignored. I wonder how many new players look at undead now and go 'hmm nothing special about them except the artwork, got to get me some of that'. Probably zero. The word is immersion.

travedead and TheBulwark like this.
  11. Ragic

There is no garuntee that my ideas would work. But we DO know the game is **** when we don't use my ideas. The question is why are you so willing to wallow around in **** with the like 10 other players who still think it's fun? Seriously. What you're doin ain't workin.

12. Ragic

So now you're ready for a fix to poxnora? Oh awesome. Do a forum search 'ragic'. Pretty much all of that. It will take awhile to read it all but it isn't my fault you're not current.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

@Ragic . why do you spend time on the forums?

14. Ragic

Oh I answered your question and have been answering it for years. Now you want me to jump through hoops cuz you're pissy that your game sucks and no one else will play it? Get over it. Your game sucks. Your way sucks. That's not me saying it, it's the greater gaming community that passes it by and even the nitch players who like this sort of game but couldn't stomach the design direction and the corrupt business model. Can't change history, so try to learn from it.

15. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I imagine that the reason was for a differentiation between FW humans and IS humans? Though, besides a difference between possibly the intangible touch of necromancy on the souls of the FW humans, I can't imagine much reason to leave them as different races.

Also, making the Barb's humans would allow for many nice combinations of and splits between IS and FW.

So, like... ALL of the immunities? Wouldn't it be better to make it easier to gain alt damage in dmg-type focused decks?

There's also the Salaman (hi there UD!) currently...

16. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Salaman are no longer immune to fire.

And if you want to talk about abilities that prevent large amount of damage from certain decks, how about massed Dread and DMG-based decks?

17. Ragic

you haven't done that forum search yet have you. I wasn't kidding. Go do your homework.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The dread ability sucks, it overcosted as heck. learn2play issue. I wish I had more time to play this game, I need a clone or more hours in the day.

19. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I thought some of them still were? Oh, my bad.

You mean me talking about it? Or Sok? I would agree that those kinds of things could be addressed, and likely should be. Though, getting into that stuff requires a LOT of discussion, as it gets into the nitty gritty details of balance and such. And I think we all know how those conversations usually end up...

20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Oh, I was talking about sok for the second one.

And there is one salaman left with a fire-related abilitity. Fire Salaman has Fire Eater.

SireofSuns likes this.