Fw midterm

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TheBulwark, Sep 30, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

It looks fun and interesting. But it also seems like it has a very high propensity for nerf cries and by extension nerfing, so Im not rushing to get one. What do you guys think?

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Tbh I think the best part about it is Grant: Death Nova. The rebirth stuff is nothing new for FW, but mechanically it's quite a bit more proactive than previous iterations. There's also been quite a bit more relic-hate with the recent expansions (e.g. Seism, buffs to Erode/Demolish, Detonate Relic, Relocate: Relic nerfs) so the Phylacteries aren't as safe as they might seem. That being said, it's a strong rune that also breaths some life into Eternal Lich's playability, so I'm fairly happy with it.

3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

He definitely isn't that strong out the gates, could easily be one rounded before he gets a chance to spawn a Phylactery.

4. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

I bought 2x of them to run on my spirits to combo with Magistrates, really fun combo

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Phylacteries are a respawn mechanic though, right? Most of his U2 seems like a huge non-bo with that.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Creates a relic in the font eruption destruction zone. The grant death nova thing seems good for bile zombie, polluted martyr, broken bones, death gaurd, anyone that is about to die...

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Sokolov is it possible to make it so Eternal Life grants all other units with phylactery bound the same effect it gives for itself?

chickenpox2 likes this.
  8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

we could replace grant; fire nova with Grant: Eternal life or will that be too OP?

9. themacca

Thats what i thought too. FW doenst really have many reclaim candidates and assuming he's been designed to reclaim his own phylacterys that would require him to go back to nearest deployment zone reclaim it then come back. and also deny him the chance to respawn. and the other 2 things stack his HP but he'll come back and have his base again so that sucks

10. potatonuts

Dude, they just gave FW the ability to grant death nova and now you are suggesting they remove it, please go sit in the corner and think about what you just said.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

it's just a suggestion in any case death nova fire doesn't really fit his ability set

12. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

grant nova is just great on any BG with summons, short-lived and cheap meat stuff, which is 80% FW, it indeed fit not his set, but the faction itself

13. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I'd give him a try if it wasn't such a ***** to try and trade for him

Sean5056 likes this.
  14. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

15. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

How does it work with domi? Can you self destruct enemy champs? :p

16. themacca

they changed this back when juggler was dumb

17. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I'm running vitality creation on the Gen Lich. Once you die and respawn in a phylactory, you will also get reclaim relic as an ability for free. Prolly a bug.

Also another cool thing is that you can have 3 or 4 of these guys out if you reanimate and they are off cooldown.

18. potatonuts

That definitely sounds like a bug lol. I'm just running vitality because those bastards nerfed Long Fuse Bomb.