Theme Decks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cydna, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Are there any plans to update/lower the prices of the theme decks in the marketplace? $25 is a lot for a shitty BG that has like 1 or 2 useless exotics/legendaries.

Thbigchief likes this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i think they'd need to be updated. as it stands if u lower the price to what people would expect to pay for a few exos/legs then people will just buy them with gold and shard the exos/legs and it'll be easy runes for a while

3. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

When they were first introduced, wasn't there a mechanic where if you played a Theme deck you would only get matched to other players who were using also Theme decks? Or am I crazy?

I think that to be properly supported there should be a bunch more Theme decks and that they should be re-evaluated whenever the theme is modified by a patch or a new release. But I'm not certain if they were ever popular enough to justify that kind of effort.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You're absolutely batty!

Qucas and Ozariig like this.
  5. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Yes there was. But there arent enough players atm.

Anima26 likes this.
  6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The theme decks and the public decks are two things we would like to make some improvements. We are still playing around with some ideas, so there isn't much to say on the subject at the moment. Part of the reason why we are looking at both of them is because the Public decks have in a lot of ways replaced the Theme decks. We are working on how the two would better complement each other.

Ifem21, Tweek516, Gnomes and 3 others like this.
  7. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Have the highest ranked 8 people of every faction next DoW make a new theme bg.
    They'd have to have restrictions for rarities of course but its a nice prize fighting for something with your name on it; ie the theme.
    Have the latest 3 themes of every faction this way be the public decks and remove public decks from all but training games.

This would be my suggestion.

8. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

thats not a bad idea,, mtgo has top players testing and making decks for release as well as usual random pack release, , also careful to not overload on exos, and these ready made decks are quite formidable,
    devs make good cards and players make great decks.
    players of many skill lvl would be getting there $$$'s worth entering the game with a solid theme deck, that he can alter a bit as most do,,.. and of course a player getting to name a BG is heavy on the awesome sauce. definitely would have to be thought out, , but I see it as something to consider....would be fun for the game as whole,, and give some of the super vets a chance to put there stamp on the game..they deserve it :)
    only real problem that jumps at me , is getting my ass whipped by some 1 week newb and his "Tinys Moga Madness" BG.
    :( :(