I have this friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

He would like to play this game after a small hiatus and uhm, he's concerned about getting the new runes. He would really like to get all the new SL stuff, but he knows from experience that buying boxes is a massive pain when you're only trying to get the runes from one faction from one expansion.

So my friend wants to know, will there ever be easier ways than just buying packs in bulk and hoping you get the right stuff? Faction friendly boxes? Wrath/Prot boxes returning?

My friend would really appreciate it if lord @Sokolov could shed some light on the current state of the market and if there are plans to improve it.

Thanks (on behalf of my friend)

Gnomes, JellyBerry, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The Rune Forge seems like that your friend would want to know about - as it allows you to pick and choose specific runes to get. The Shard rates for runes are pretty good so even if you are getting stuff you don't want, they should be generally convertible to the stuff you do want. So you buy packs, and keep the stuff you want and convert the stuff you don't.

Newest runes go into the Forge fairly quickly as well.

There will be probably be some adjustments to packs/boxes at some point and I am pretty sure we'll get Wrath/Prot stuff in at some point, but it isn't a short-term thing (especially since the game's packs actually doesn't actually care what factions runes are, so it'd need to be "taught" that, which isn't some surmountable task, but it is something).

He may even have a bunch of Shards already depending on when he last played as a couple different things were converted to Shards or gifted to people for various reasons.

Makorov likes this.
  3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

So kawai

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

This friend sounds like a chump.

But I have a feeling I used to love his ideas.

SPiEkY and Skullferno like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

IMAGIRL, DarkJello and Skullferno like this.
  6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The shard rates are still way worse than poxbox which is disappointing. Basically the only thing the forge is good for is getting the stuff which isn't on poxbox.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You realize Poxbox prices adjusted to reflect the forge right? Obviously he's going to price better than the Forge or else no one would use Poxbox.

8. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

you guys making me cry like a little kid

9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Your friend sounds cute. Pics please. ;)

Sok already gave good advice. Too bad your friend does not want GOBS of KF goodies. Laterz.

10. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

You have a friend ?
    And if so why dont you set him up runes ?

11. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I don't even know where to start....

Elves Rule, SPiEkY, Sealer0 and 4 others like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

13. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I have this friend, who is actually myself. But noone likes me and I want my opinion to sound more credible. So I'll pretend it's a 'friend' that is withholding money from them to get what he wants!

-Impressions of a BurnPyro, Chapter 3.

Lushiris likes this.
  14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

15. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

The shard/forge thing is actually pretty good.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Y'all are missing the point. If a random noob wants to buy runes, he's gotta randomly roll the dice and hope he gets enough of one faction to make a BG. Yes, the forge is good, but no it's not good for a new player with barely any runes to spare as is. Proc/wrath boxes need to be a thing already.

This picture is a visual representation of giving spares to a new player
    [​IMG]

Lushiris, DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  17. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

But he isn't new, just missed out on some after a break? Agreed with the Wrath/Prot boxes though.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's incredibly sad that you explained what everyone else (except indi) got instinctively and somehow think you've figured stuff out.

Newsflash buddy, when the joke is obvious, don't try and explain it to look good. Never go full ******.

Tweek516 likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Alrighty mate, No worries