CIA says Russia influenced US election to help Trump win

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Dec 10, 2016.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Those were more directed at Burn than anyone else, but yeah, I get you.

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I never said those were the only considerations. And I never specifically accused anyone here of wanting WW3. It is silly that you keep pretending I said something that I did not say, and then attacking me for it. Accusing me of straw man logic by you choosing to use straw man logic is next level.

Your frequent demand that I share my opinions in the precise way that you prefer is strange. (To the point that you were personally offended by my "condescending" statement of "be well" at the end of friendly posts). Why must I, a completely distinct person from you, communicate with only the language/style that you desire? It is a bizarre expectation. Incessant nitpicking that you don't like my word choices is, frankly, a waste of time and energy. And it smacks of nefariousness.

To anyone that likes pleasant phrases from a highly educated redneck, I say the following:

Merry Christmas, and may your New Year be prosperous as firk! :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Porque la gente no hablo espanol. Y mi "OS" no haber configuracion por usando "~" con "n"s o accentos en general ahora, pues, no facilimente. Y tambien mi espanol es malissimo.

El ultimo es mas importante.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@DarkJello Ik ben het eens met @Ohmin . Ik geloof dat hij zoiets zegt dat het belangrijk is te kunnen communiceren met heren die niet dezelfde taal spreken en dat deze communicatieve vaardigheden belangrijk zijn bij het bespreken van informatie.

Ik zal het door een vertaler moeten gooien om het zeker te weten maar ik denk dat dat we'l zo'n beetje om het zo te zeggen "the gist of it" is.

Het kan ook zijn dat hij klaagt dat bepaalde Spaanse accenten op letters niet mogelijk zijn in dit format terwijl die belangrijk zijn voor de betekenis, eigenlijk heb ik mijzelf nu omgepraat naar deze alternatieve vertaling...oeps?

Ohmin likes this.
  5. DarkJello

No tan malisimo, carnal. ;)

Your Spanish action reply did prompt a few of my neurons to fabricate an ideaR. Several very intelligent peeps in this here forum admit that they cannot decipher Trump's statements with any degree of accuracy. The amount of nuance, doublespeak, bluster and lies in standard politics is already at a mucho high level, so adding all that and more to Trump's style equals a nearly impossible situation. But I will try to clarify the matter a fair degree right now. Ahora mismo!! The ability to understand Donpool (AKA El Donaldo) is like learning a foreign language. Even very smart people need to study and practice for many months and/or 1-2 years to achieve fluency. I would say, based on my limited understanding of languages, that achieving a modicum of fluency in Trumpeeze is a lot like learning to speak Russian. ;) I won't claim mastery of Trumpeeze, but I clearly understand it better than almost everyone else in this forum. After all, I posited that Trump had a decent chance of winning in late 2015. And I was nearly guaranteeing he would win the primary shortly thereafter. The bombshell of his victory still has many on each side of the aisle dazed and confused, especially Lefties. This is perfectly understandable. So, if you desire the ability to better understand the utterances and tweets of the PEOTUS, you should hunker down and study your brains out as if you were learning Russian. It will probably take intense effort. You have been notified. Please go in peace, and get to winning.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Look at DarkJello, claiming he is special. Trump did more for him than his previous cult ever did.

7. DarkJello

Everyone is special. I am NOT more or less special than anyone else. Unique DNA. Unique life experiences. Each person is unique.

You can argue with me, get to learning Trumpeeze, do both or do something else entirely. Totally up to you good sir. Merry everything to you.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

those don't work on me, I am a jedi. * waves hand in air*

9. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Someone should make one of those threads where we use google translate on each other's sentences, then convert them back.

Like telephone, but different.

BurnPyro likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If you are going to talk here and discuss the Russia situation with us, reply to us and then say something like "amazing to see so many clamoring for WW3!" while disagreeing with us, then it is 100% on YOU to make sure you use specific language to indicate you are not talking about us because any REASONABLE PERSON would conclude you are referencing the people here due the lack of any additional context provided. Especially after your previous comments re: Liberal and Clinton.

And honestly, why bother saying something like that if it has no relevance to the people discussing the situation here? You are just talking some random "so many" with no reference or context as to who you are talking about? Did you just feel like making a random comment that we were supposed to ignore?

Personally, I think we both know what you were doing and now you are just pretending.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  11. DarkJello

The post you are complaining about was on page 6 of this thread. 5 pages back! And it was a reply to Ragic, NOT you or any of the other massive gvt guys. The context was fakestream media and Ruskis and unsecure Clinton server and the overarching way that "progs"--by which I meant the majority of so called progressives that I interact with on Twitter or see on tv or sometimes even chat with on forums--have reacted to events in the present day. (Hopefully that cleared the matter up a fair degree).

If u are trying to say I am too shy to call a spade a spade, I assure u that be incorrect.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Geressen likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I mean lets be honest you would most likely call a spade a shovel.

most people would, common mistake.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

Gonna slumber now, and leaving on a win is tops. Technically, it is your win. Technically. ;)

Geressen likes this.
  14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

fun fact(?), i read somewhere that the expression "call a spade a spade" had more to do with black people than it did any sort of digging implement.

which strikes me as odd, because as derogatory words towards black people go, spade has never been that commonly used (as i understand it)

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I heard the same but chose to ignore it because if it is code for calling an N-word an N-word then DJ has bigger issues.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I heard that when you call a leftie a liberal he whines that hes really a progressive

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is a forum, not PMs. If you are talking in a room full of people, where we are all talking to each other, you can't then say "That was meant for a particular individual so the rest of you should just ignore it." At least that's my opinion - if you want to privately ***** about "progs" go take it to PMs, otherwise, we "progs" are going to respond and defend ourselves from your rhetoric if you put it out in public.

I am still wondering just WHO is actually "clamoring for WW3." I honestly haven't heard ANYONE (here or otherwise) do that.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I have to admit, whenever I see "progs" I keep thinking "Pogs".

Flicking/flipping powers activate!

Only ones I know of that got close were the people asking for a one-sided no-fly zone in Syria, but they seemed unwilling to commit to a declaration of war against Russia so perhaps they aren't that into it. Then again, I'm sure there are some people.

While not "clamoring" for it, there are multiple governments positioning for it and instating policies that could eventually lead to it, though possibly not with the intention to get WW3 underway.

DarkJello, Geressen and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

there will never again be direct conflict between nuclear powers. we fight our wars by proxy. ww3 is already underway.

20. DarkJello

When I say "WW3", I am thinking more along the lines of truly catastrophic. But I also agree that the modern war is well underway. Scary times for all.