Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

The fact that it's a relic automatically makes it multi-purpose because of relic contesting. And SL has a plethora of Regen 3, which is very dangerous with Bodyguard.

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

psh. can bubble get -2 hp off the buff every turn.

Kampel likes this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I thought that too but im not convinced by the Regen "problem", IS's healing might be at the same level or even greater and they have relics like Sepulcher, and FS has Bubble or the Nectar equip..

Sepulcher of Kings (relic) 35 Nora
    Prevents first 8 dmg each turn to any friendly unit within 5squares
    15Hp, +2HP for each real dwarf.

Is it the fact that its a relic enought to justify that 10 nora or so difference with the spells counterparts? Its mostly a one time trigger with Bodyguards range and duration. Compared to Sepulcher, when Dummy bodyguards it takes the dmg and dies, Sepulcher will be more efficient the more time it remains in play.. i dunno it does not feel as a good include at all at 40 nora..

Dummy has 28hp as its most effective protection.. -> correction, actually if it has 1hp left it can absorb a whole attack.

4. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Two things from the st side.. there is no point in changing snow strike, it's barely used at all and it's the only way st can do a terrain theme anymore.

Also can Jakei globe kind of be like portal instead.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I believe that AE2 Impeding 1 instead of the current AE1 Impeding 2 would make it more useful/relevant, particular to terrain theme decks.

Goyo, Kampel, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  6. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Pillars of Flame will definitely need a cost reduction. Not sure about Fiery Ambush yet. I like the Flame Prison buff.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Temple of Brutality- At the start of the next turn and until this unit is destroyed, friendly and opposing champions with a MAX RNG of 2 or less gains Hostile.

The relic would probably be on the cheaper side. Thoughts?

SireofSuns and guokamoli54 like this.
  8. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I guess depends how you look at it, i look at snow strike as one of sts only ap deniable weapons. So theimpeding 2 will dismiss 1 ap per enemy affected.
    Impeding 1 is like casting snowstorm

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So I think mirrorblade should be nerfed pretty soon. My proposal (and, if you do anything, please do all of this, not just some):

Fix display bug with Mirrorswap range

Fix mirrorswap bug not going to the right illusion

Fix illusion globe bug (this one not so urgent)

Reduce mirroblade to 2 spawns

Give mirrorswap a CD of 1

10. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

The arroy that summons 3 rift spawns doesnt make sense to me when every other ability that spawned 3 summons got knocked down to 2?

11. Sokolov

"Every other?"

The only one that got nerfed that way that I recall was Furbull litter and that's largely because of the incredible amount of HP that one can produce.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I believe that FS Gnarlwood with the electric fireflies got the same treatment.

13. Sokolov

I think you might be right, but that one would have happened before DOG (poxbase archive shows 2 already).

Either way, it's a reasonable comparison to look at:

That one is

15 nora and summons 2 7 DMG 11 HP 5 SPD with Poison Eater and Flight champions adjacent

Arroyo Rift is

20 nora and summons 3 8 DMG 12 HP 5 SPD with Flight champions randomly, along with DMZ for 5 turns, but those champs start to die if they leave the DMZ - so I guess it depends on how much of a drawback one feels the self destruction is

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    guokamoli54 and SireofSuns like this.
  14. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

how about taking leoss in a different direction then the out numbered thing, we've had racials like it in the past and it was never a popular theme and lended far to easily to super champs.

how about something like this

endurance of ailur - for each negative condition on this champion it gains +2 defense, this champion takes no damage from summons

rage of ailur - for each negative condition on this champion this champion gain +3 damage, any summon damaged by this champions attacks are destroyed.

the summon hate is to compliment their low numbers so they can avoid getting swarmed by things like skeletons, while the conditions thing is an attempt to help mitigate CC another issue when you are using high cost units

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Pilfered Armory - Banned until bug fix

please! i need this rune back! Crush is not the same!

16. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Thank you for typing out the comparisons! I was mainly commenting on the seeming lack of consistency of like abilities more than the actual powerlevel of the abilities. Altho rift is a range ability and litter the summons came in adjacent and were "useless" for a few turns. But ya was just thinking they seemed kinda inconsistent. Wasnt sure if it was like that for a reason or if it was scheduled to be changed just was wondering lop

17. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Can deafening aura go back to a range of 3? Leave it at 2 damage that's fine, but 2 damage and 2 range is little underwhelming imo

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

LOL.
    Why was it nerfed in the first place?
    Rare league rabble always getting what they want, per usual... Poor Sok.

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Glad it was nerfed, but the double nerf was probably a tad too harsh. Try reverting one maybe?

If you do buff it though, make sure to nerf sonic ele. That champ is still really good.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The elf with illusions shits out illusions too fast.