Are you a Noob?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brekehan, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Brekehan

Brekehan New Member

Every Pvp game I play, I lose. I know all the vets are all, "If you wanna learn, play people who are good.", but it's really just not fun getting your Bane Shift pushed in every single match over and over.

I see others under level 99 on the side panel in game, but I never get matched up with them.

I wonder, if they dropped their names here, times they are usually on, and time zone. Then if I friended them, if I'd have a chance of setting up some games.

Anyway, sign your name here if you have played less then a year.

Brekehan - 5am - 2:00pm GMT -6

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

ballballer

3. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

Ballballer is trolling like usual. Hes the rank one. Don't trust anything he says on the forums. Its a rule of thumb we are all pretty use to by now

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

hi, i'm not very noob, but still quite bad after more than 1 year. i found very helpful to observe full matches of strong players. when you play you dont have time to check everything, but when observing you can actually focus on whats happening and why. then, get all your patience and queue. remember also that not all rank V players are new, some are just returning, so don't underestimate. same way not all exo-lim-battlemasters are high elo, so dont think you cant win. also try to queue ranked when a lot of people is online, so its easier to get a same level match

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

One thing to do when watching is to try and guess what the player will do. (This is good in chess too).

Skybloom, Tweek516, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  6. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

thats a good strat

7. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

Confirmed baller is noob

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Just in case you are unaware, the longer you are in the queue, the more likely you will be matched with someone with a much higher, or much lower, rank than you. If you want to be matched with some near you, quit the queue after 30-45 seconds. You may have to do this several times to be matched appropriately, which can be annoying, but when it does happen, you will be pretty evenly matched, maybe.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Watching games is really good as well. I honestly enjoy it, and it's a lot less painful than losing a lot of games to get better. If you are getting matched against lots of higher rank people and don't want to keep losing to them all the time (very understandable), then do some spectating! Watch other people lose.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. m3gas

m3gas New Member

Yeah that's a good way to learn. Spend the time to watch 2 games in a row with top tier players (if one of them plays your faction even better) and then right after that jump in and watch the first game you find between low level players.
    The sheer amont of... let's say "mistakes" they make will make you go "ooooh i really need to stop doing this or that and focus another thing".

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yup. Watching a lot of high-level games and a couple low-level ones in juxtaposition is great. It helps clarify the spread between better and worse play.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I've played less than a year. U ken PM me.

13. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I'm terrible at this game. ~ poinl