Player Expansion Preview (Wrath Non-Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 18, 2017.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

actuallly is just me and another guy running Deep Wound Bg.

oh and I do like that equip!!!

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I will add that dirge's statue completely power creeps g'hern scarecrow

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pitdragon with Deep Wounds

19madfox95 and IronStylus like this.
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Welp, looks like I'm splitting with SL now.

darklord48 and Dolcebrodude like this.
  5. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

It's happening

Gnomes likes this.
  6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Since Restless Souls was changed to only trigger once per turn now, I think it should be ok. Keep in mind that when I first designed the rune, Restless Souls caused the unit to lose 5 HP per trigger, which was supposed to balance out the massive HP gained by Soul Linked.

7. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Puppet master works on friendly units only ;p the champ equipped can transfer its ap to another friendly champion within 3 spaces which gains lumbering. as an instant it's not too good but puppet m. has cd 2 and afflict lasts 6 turns, so it might be here where it could be better. not sure if this equip will find a good use overall.

Etherielin, badgerale and Kampel like this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Oh right, I should know that, i got confused with something else.

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I actually think it looks really weak. A summoned unit without hex for 40 Nora, it won't see play. Not to mention that restless souls only works within 5 spaces, and only if u get a kill on a real unit, and only once per turn, and they have short lived.

Should cost 30 Nora. And I probably still wouldn't run it unless in a spirit bg or "meta".

Compare it to graveyard. Or bone mine.

I guess the flat HP argument is where the value is, but then it just promotes snowballing. Give it the standard 20HP no soul link and 30 Nora cost imo

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of high nora cost relics. Opens up design space IMO. Can't wait to play these runes!

Etherielin likes this.
  11. DiCEM0nEY

Agreed. On that note let's Nerf arctic wail to unplayable.

Kampel likes this.
  12. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

nah...culler at the first turn deploy...if that last clause that Sok put does not happen

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

No and this is not the place for such arguments. If you want a change to Arctic Wail, make it a sensible one.

14. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Every relic in the game is going to look like a pile of garbage next to boner mine.

Etherielin likes this.
  15. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Dread is a nice improvement on the original idea. I wish I'd thought of that! :D

16. DiCEM0nEY

Bone mine is strong, but outside of skeleton theme it isn't. I could see if you said graveyard, which is a top tier relic, but bone mine isn't much better than grim well (outside skeleton theme) which costs 5 less nora and fulfills a similar purpose. Honestly, every deck has some sort of anti summon, so I don't really consider the spawned skeletons to be a huge deal, unless it is a skeleton theme deck (surge and boost). In fact, they can actually help the enemy player in MANY cases, such as ritual of healing, ritual of power, battle leader, swarm, ritual of destruction. They can also be pretty much one shotted with disbelief, shatter summon, or standard AoEs.

This relic won't see play. Theres no reason to take it over a the multitude of spells in a skeleton deck. If it was the old revenants which were real and had hex, id take it. For 40 nora for a unit with so many weaknesses, I am only going to take it on spirits, and only because spirits lack the snowball mechanics needed to make surge work in the first place (they have 8 surge unit slots for those who do not know).

I don't think skeletons are strong right now for the record, the surge nerf really hurt. A better solution would have been to give another unit Surge: skeleton. Bonewing, Toll Taker, Necromancer, Spectral Emissary. Without a list in front of me yet these are all perfect candidates. I'd even say xulus if it werent for the fact he has attack psychic which shares with TL. Weakening bone mine would hurt skeletons alot, but not anything else really.

Also, the woman who replied to me earlier I put on ignore. You trying to tell another adult where and what not to post is a joke. I'll listen to people who I actually respect, not those who whine.

17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Rolling stones will contest the IS font: deploy outside of font, crushing charge will move any champ in the way; out of the way, relic is now in font, contesting it. bout time. New players will probably use this the most. Still. This over suspicious boulder? ;]

limone1981 likes this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

This will be pretty strong vs IS honestly. It definetly will serve as a contest tool mainly, with a slight ability to deal damage when they are stuffed together, or to allow melee units a path to ranged. Of all the relics, this is my favorite.

19. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Maybe add something like Resistance: Physical or Death Nova: Physical to Rolling Stones?

Kampel likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

death nova would make it overpowered. It can alrady be used in every SP deck. I say it is perfectly designed. Any stronger, and you'd risk it being a mobile bone mine. The resistance physical might help make it weaker actually (assuming u add a higher cost) since it would be more situational.

If it is weak (i doubt it will be) reduce the nora cost to 25.