Frozen/unstoppable bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Mar 2, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Just to weigh in. Again

This is a problem I have NEVER heard any one have

JellyBerry, Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

In a way yes ive got a minor problem with so many abilities almost the same, or that they stack together but not stack on their own.
    slow+frozen+hex+cursed+stall+awestruck i guess they stack to reduce spd to...
    or all the versions of dodge, nokhan do, elusive, elusive leap, stack making certain units kinda impossible to hit. like block+granite bracers blocks of 2 attacks per turn.
    or that sentinel costs 0 AP while Ballista Assault Mode costs 2AP
    or that sweep does 8 damage for 1 AP while nova costs 3AP
    or all different abilities that stack dmg to create absurd hardhitting champs
    or deep wounds vs hunter ability. +50% vs +2damage
    or some damage abilities affecting attack-chain while others dont

overall its not a problem for an experienced player, its frustrating for new players
    would only focus on abilities that stack if i would think of this as a problem, if you could stun+distract+paralyze a champ in a single turn to have it locked out for 6 turns it would be a problem.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Except at what point does it define slowed as a condition ? I understand what the issue is obviously because I posted it, I specifically stated that this would drive a new player mad.

Unstoppable could simply say- This does not stop slowed from conditions, it's a bit hard to define what conditions are though in pox.

I think you guys forget that were about to have a mass influx of new players, sure a lot of you may know the difference between the two but I doubt they will see it that way. It's similar to how corpse a pult flings a corpse from ranged, but isn't considered a ranged attack because it goes through arrow eater, gray territory.

You can all say what you want about me, but if you just started this game tomorrow that would be either a bug or a text error and doesn't look good for new players. Their is a long list of things like this in the game. Pox is already front loaded with thousands of abilities, weird mechanics, and numerous bugs and text errors, all of this compressed into a short turn limit is enough to off put just about anyone.

This could be fixed by putting this at the end of unstoppable

Unstoppable doesn't stop conditions only effects. Then you would need a list of conditions somewhere.

What's at the end of unstoppable in game right now- This unit is also immune to any effects that cause the loss of ap

Also slowed could be defined as a condition and an effect.

Definition of effect- a change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause

Is the champion not losing speed as a result of another action, frozen, lumbering etc. ?

Hopefully I cleared up what an effect is for you.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  4. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

[​IMG]

5. super71

I think you missed the point, at what point does it say other than conditions ?

Again back to the English language- Unstoppable definition- impossible to stop or prevent. I believe slowed would definitely be considered prevention, wouldn't you ?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Change slowed to "crippled" or "mangled".

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Crippled is already a condition in game.

Seriously, this thread makes no sense. You're genuinely trying to find a hole where there's none, super.

JellyBerry, themacca and Tweek516 like this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

This is not a problem. Sok has already put in far too much effort into this discussion.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

10. super71

Well we're either following the proper use of words in the English language or we're not.

Nowhere does it say that unstoppable doesn't stop conditions or effects, and then we're saying frozen is only a condition when it causes slowed which is an effect of frozen, but unstoppable stops effects ? So either slowed isn't an effect, in which case we threw the English language out the window, or unstoppable shouldn't be slowed by anything. It's as simple as that, read the dang text of he ability in game.

Do you guys not understand how stupid that is? You all wanna complain about my use of the English language but can't seem to understand why the whole ability is contradictory, that's very interesting to me.

Unstoppable should be unstoppable in the entirety of the definition or it should list what it doesn't stop, I'm sorry that's how it should be and cutting corners isn't gonna help anything.

Sok seeks saying well should I list everything it doesn't stop, well absoulutely otherwise players are playing the game half blind.

List it all all or make a list of conditions on the website somewhere that certain abilities go through.

We all get it because we have been playing for years, honestly I expect multiple bugs a game when I play pox, but not many players are gonna stand for that.

11. super71

I'm sorry that your not grasping why this is blatantly contradictory, I'd like to see pox succeed and it is little Bane Shift like this that people will notice. If your not understanding the issue then no amount of me explaining it will allow you to understand the problem.

12. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

The only problem here is in your head, because you're confusing Slowed(-2 spd) with (any reduction in spd). Unstoppable has a tooltip that shows you exactly what it means by "Slowed". Nothing is up for interpretation here.

And for the record, having unstoppable list EVERY condition that reduces spd will be far worse for new players, who have to read the ability and understand what it does quickly.

JellyBerry, Etherielin and davre like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Super is the guy who doesn't make a difference between your/you're and there/their/they're cause it's pronounced the same way but written differently....

But now English semantics start to matter cause again, he doesn't understand nuance.

Kampel and Etherielin like this.
  14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I still don't understand why Frozen is considered a version of Slowed.

In what way is this the case and how can we make it more clear they are DISTINCT CONDITIONS?

i.e. what, in the game text, suggests that Frozen counts as Slowed?

Unstoppable stops the condition of Slowed, along with other conditions, that is what it says and does. There is no good reason to list everything Unstoppable doesn't prevent - that's idiotic.

What? Unstoppable stops specific conditions and effects, all of which are clearly listed.

What? Frozen is a condition. Slowed is a condition. They are DIFFERENT CONDITIONS with DIFFERENT EFFECTS.

What? Slowed is a condition, with a specific meaning, as listed in its tooltip.

Unstoppable stops the condition of SLOWED being applied. It's simple as that, read the dang text of the ability in game:

[​IMG]

As we can see, it says what Slowed means, right there, in the tooltip popups.

In what way does "This champion has -2 SPD" imply that Frozen is somehow also Slowed? And how can we make it more clear that Frozen (or anything else that happens to affect SPD or AP negatively) is NOT Slowed?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

there is no reason, this is not at all a problem for any other player

it's pretty clear

Nothing, every instance of the word slowed you see suggests it's a condition

@super71 what if we called the condition slowed, cramped

Etherielin likes this.
  16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

You could call it Supered, in honour of his contributions to a less confusing poxnora.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Let's talk about the "English" of this for a moment.

Slowed is a condition, with a specific meaning, as listed in its tooltip.

This is indicated by the fact that it is:
    • Bolded
    • Capitalization of the first letter
    • Tooltipped to explain what it does
    In English, it is commonly understood that terms that are capitalized are not 'common' words.

For example, the class Economics 101 is capitalized, but if you are talking about economics in general, it is not capitalized, and the words have a different context and meaning due to this.

You would say "I am learning philosophy" OR you could say "I am taking the Philosophy 101 course." But it'd be incorrect to write: "My Philosophy is live and let live." In this case, Philosophy in Philosophy 101 is part of a title, and despite it having the same letters as the word philosophy, cannot be used interchangeably.

For another example, let's say I wrote a book called "Nothing." And you wrote, "I am reading Nothing." This is a correct way of communicating that you are reading something whose title is Nothing, and people with a fluency in English will understand that you do not mean that you are not reading anything. "Nothing," in this context, cannot, and should not, be understood to mean "nothing." That would clearly be silly.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  18. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Slowed is a debuff condition on your champ, it is not referring to the reduction in your champ speed, in this case caused by Frozen.
    You might as well say:
    Unstoppable should prevent Pacify, since the champ cannot attack, similar to Stunned.
    Unstoppable should prevent Lumbering, since it cost additional AP just like Ensnared.
    Unstoppable should prevent Vertical Push, since it knocks back the champ into the sky.
    Unstoppable should prevent a champ from dying, since death causes the loss of AP.

Etherielin likes this.
  19. super71

Yes unstoppable has a list showing what it stops, but it doesn't have a list saying what it doesn't stop which seems to be a much longer list. I'd rather have un-stoppable say what it doesn't stop in the tool tips and the description just be what it is now.

The problem is not in my head, the problem is were saying frozen is a condition, and unstoppable doesn't stop conditions which isn't listed anywhere in the game. I'd be fine if it remained the same and said somewhere, this ability does not affect conditions and then have a list of conditions listed either on the website or on the forums.

The problem is that the ability isn't clear because it doesn't say it doesn't stop conditions, we also don't have a list of conditions anywhere on the website or game.

20. super71

Frozen causes slowed, what in the game text suggests that frozen doesn't count as slowed, check the tool tips for frozen maybe and see what it says ? The problem is you don't have conditions listed anywhere on the website, which is where things get complicated.

So now unstoppable stops conditions and effects, which is it, you can't argue it doesn't stop conditions and then 2 seconds later says it stops specific conditions ?

Bane Shift even saying unstoppable only stops these abilities would clear up all the confusion.

Here are my main problems with this

1) conditions aren't listed anywhere on the game or website
    2) Frozen causes slowed, which is a condition and an effect. Your saying unstoppable stops conditions and effects, but doesn't stop frozen which is a condition....
    3) This unit is also immune to any effects that cause the loss of ap, frozen causes a loss of ap.

Definition of immune-
    protected or exempt, especially from an obligation or the effects of something.
    not affected or influenced by something

I'd remove immune from the text and put unstoppable stops these abilities.

Also on the unstoppable tooltip it says this champion can not be slowed, which doesn't make sense because it can be slowed by conditions and effects apparently.