Combat awareness 2 : dmg prevented from secondary effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mintdude1, Mar 24, 2017.

1. mintdude1

mintdude1 The King of Potatoes

I've just lost a game due to knockback not causing dmg to a champ with combat awareness 2.... now combat awareness 2 states that all dmg from spells and abilities is prevented... knockback was a result of gale force... gale force causes 6 dmg and a champ to be knocked back 3 spaces.... the 6 dmg should be prevented as per the ca2 description, however no where does it state in the ca2 description that effects from spells are prevented... and the knockback isn't dependent on whether the unit takes dmg, so why on earth is the knockback dmg prevented

Kampel likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Knockback is a mechanic, CA shouldn't prevent it imo

mintdude1 likes this.
  3. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Hmmmm idk about this one. The damage has to take place in order for the effect to happen.

Ex. Say a physical eater champ is hit with gale, he will not be knocked back.

Kampel likes this.
  4. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

good,fk gale force

guokamoli54 and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

It's actually a bit more complicated then that.

It seems to only prevent KB damage from friendly effects or something to that effect

Anyway I had made a thread about it before I'm not sure which dire Rion Sokolov decided to go but it may or may not go back to preventing secondary damage.

Either way he is aware

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. mintdude1

mintdude1 The King of Potatoes

Ok i'm glad its on his radar! because the language used for the spell doesn't reflect what actually happens