The FW bonus is a lie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yobanchi, May 27, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

now its not like both runes have to be played on the same turn. there are some situations where you might want to play the gy on its own. for example when 6 spd champ is 8 spaces away from a font. (uhm gy skellies are still real right?) and then once the gy is in play the ED can be dropped later. just sayin I always felt the gy got a bad rap in the various combos its been a part of because no one ever considers staggering the deployment as opportunities arise. people DO it, I just never see it as part of the analysis.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

It starts going into territory where 64 Nora or less champs are where the real bonus starts to shine because cd 4 (or semi 2 if you run x2) can have a bg built around it.
    However this requires the champion to be powerful for its cost and built right.

There's a reason that is the sweet spot because of font+shrine nora generation per round.

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Sok I know you are a very creative guy, I am sure you can come up a new bonus to finally end years of discussion about the whole thing. I mean 1 option is to make the FW bonus +1 max range for champs with a min range of 2 or higher FF, and the make the split bonus -1 min range for champs with a min range of 3+. I know KF are the current ranged faction, but I feel its unfair that they keep their monopoly on the 2 most powerful stats in the game, range and speed! I mean back in the day KFs range and speed were offset by shoddy melee, but thats changed now with champs like colossal boa, tortun fish kisser and rage of the circle.

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Ok would FW be OP if all their ranged units got -1 min range and all units got + 1 range? If not would 100% extra nora from globes be OP?

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yes.

Yes, it would be OP. If you have to ask, you should know the answer.

Should.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

7. Beruge

Beruge I need me some PIE!

What if with the same bonus you have some sort of Nora returned if your champion died within 3 turns or something? I have little experience, so dont kill me

Example:

1. champion is deployed, dies after 3 turn, 8 Nora is returned. Cooldown decreased.

2. Champion is deployed, dies after 5 turn, No Nora return. Cooldown decreased.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Isn't sp a better diversity centric bonus than FW as a whole?

I find the FW bonus works best with cheap meat spam. For example, zombie behemoths or skeletal bezekers x2 being deployed over and over again, since these champions can be hyper efficent. And when you can't utilize your cheap meat, you usually lose.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Fw is fine stop your crying all of you, when we eliminate all their insta kill and threat removal spells and gimmicky relics and free meat then you can all say the bonus is weak. Until then abuse that zombie and skelly spam scrubs.

I hate fw, except when I'm playing it.

10. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Stay classy.

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'll be honest.

I value the fw bonus near zero and have suggested changes to it before.

When i discuss an fw splitbthe players all talk a bout the super cheap stuff though like the bonus wins games.

So i don't know really

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The bonus does win games

Source: I use FW and the bonus wins games for me

13. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think every player should be given the ability to make up whatever they want for their own faction bonus for every faction whenever they play it, just decide before the game like, yeah i want +1spd +2 dmg +2000hp and -90% cd reduction, okay thanks.

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Durand

Durand Active Member

I'd like to see a video where the bonus wins a game (preferably in the new client).

(This one was a nice game to watch and good commentary:

,but the opponent was a noob and none of your champs died (let alone summoned second time).
    Therefore bonus had 0 effect in the game (except making it harder for you, because you had no useful bonus unlike the opponent).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. themacca

Its 51 god damn minutes. but this game is the Bonus working to it's best possible effect. (and it's not cheap meat spam)

Also agirgis is a hell of a lot better player than I while using a better deck but the bonus won it for me.

Etherielin, xaznsoulx and Durand like this.
  16. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

but @themacca and @Agirgis1 are the same person? MIND BLOWN

themacca likes this.
  17. themacca

i was playing both games at once, I intentionally lost as agirgis to make themacca look better

Durand and xaznsoulx like this.
  18. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

The bonus is clearly hyper efficient because it even brought this thread back to life.

darklord48 and Etherielin like this.
  19. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Is 51 minute games the average match? What is the % of games that last that long?
    Also, what up with the necro?

Durand likes this.
  20. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Just want to comment on your amazing logo. Respect.

Gnomes, yobanchi, Etherielin and 2 others like this.