PS4 Login Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ferehn, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Ferehn

Ferehn New Member

Copying thread from Tech Support since there isn't much activity there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PoxNora on PS4 5 times now. Every time I launch it, I get the message 'Invalid username or password.' I am never presented with the chance to log in or even enter my information. The app immediately goes to 'initializing login screen' and then to 'invalid username or password.' Clicking the retry button repeatedly has done nothing for me. I tried launching the app on a separate account without PS Plus and got 'Account is not signed up for PlayStation Network.' If it has to verify my information at some point, I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Other people seem to be playing, even with bugs and other issues. I have submitted a ticket to support and have gotten nothing after over 24 hours. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. PoxAurora

PoxAurora The King of Potatoes

I've also run into this issue with steam client on Win10.

3. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

I don't think I had to login when I downloaded pox on ps4. I think it used my psn login automatically. I drink too much to remember for sure tho. Sorry bub.

4. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Are you logged in with the right PS4 user? Just guessing here.

5. Ferehn

Ferehn New Member

I've never played even once on PS4, so I don't think I have any existing login info. Support sent me a message saying that PSN basically creates an account for you when you launch Pox on PS4. It uses those credentials to log in automatically, so my issue may be there. I will post updates

6. Ferehn

Ferehn New Member

Update: the issue has been resolved. A service that determines whether your login info is from PoxNora or PS4 wasn't working. It was recognizing that I was trying to log in with my PoxNora account, which has the same name as my PSN ID. They said the service could be fixed in a few weeks but I ended up getting my PoxNora account name changed so that it would work. I was able to immediately log on after that.

Karamasov likes this.
  7. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

Good deal, glad you got it resolved!

Ferehn likes this.