Imagine trying to play this game as a new player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Nov 13, 2017.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

2. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Infinite regress.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that the client is intended to be the main interface. All those links should work properly within the client and presented better than the old: "Here's a wall of text."

There may be bugs or issues with using the website to make/edit decks, but it's being left up for now for convenience.

I would love for the website to use links/ability referencing properly for non-Champions, but that's not likely to happen.

(Of course, the client is its own problem, but that's a different discussion.)

Etherielin likes this.
  4. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

upload_2017-11-14_14-54-14.png

also the flavor text seems to be a cautionary tale about over-moderation of the pox forums

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That'd be true if people were actually ever actually banned.

I mean, all we have is stuff like Bane Shift.

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Please don't be so vulgar. Bane Shift is extremely offensive.

Vorian likes this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

9. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

well you cant make decks with the client so it is logical to leave the website up

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you can make decks with client btw;)

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

have you *seen* who posts on these forums? overmoderation isn't the issue here

maybe you're still upset about that ban a year or two back that had you babyraging?

on topic though, the bigger problem for new players is the sheer amount of content. that some of it isn't usefully explained in certain formats is an inconvenience, but it's not the focus

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Etherielin likes this.
  12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Can't tell if this thread is a joke or not, can recall making quite a few threads about the useless rune text on the forum site and everyone said I was nuts.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

thread is a joke, yes. i love the suspense and surprise of adding runes to my bg and waiting to find out what they do in ranked game

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

open the deckbuilder in client. it explains abilities ;)

15. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

The biggest problem for new players, or at least a large one is how hard it is to play with your friends when combined with that. Ive tried to show a few strategy fans pox but between the ludicrous learning curve and the fact that theyre forced to play multiple bot games makes it a hard sell

16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

same

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Just figured you were kidding, because I made a thread like this a month ago and everyone dismissed it. Equips happen to be the worst of the lot, they explain zilch.

I'll chalk it up to me being right again thanks

18. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

no you cant the client deck manager is too abysmally poor for anyone to use!

newsbuff likes this.