What are Good decks to make

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deanhbk, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Deanhbk

Deanhbk New Member

Im starting to play on ps4 and wondering what are some good decks i can make to actually win ranked games.

newsbuff and Gnomes like this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Starter decks elves and UD demons are best choice you don’t need much of the higher level runes

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Gnomes likes this.
  3. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

I would start with the above suggestions but after you get a hang of those I would suggest trying out a UD Spider Deck and/or SL Skeezicks and/or FSBoghoppers.

Gnomes likes this.
  4. Deanhbk

Deanhbk New Member

I was looking at some of the skeezick stuff. SL looked pretty interesting

Gnomes likes this.
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

If you have an option of playing on PC over PS4, I would also suggest doing that as here are the advantages:
    - Access to Combat Log, which lets you see what happened.
    - Access to in-game chat system.
    - Access to trading which lets you get more cards and receive help from others.
    - Access to Discord community server, which lets you connect with the rest of community, get help, ask for advice live and just enjoy the game.

MrCharles and Gnomes like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

'pretty interesting' is boring. Play IS if you want to be awesome.

Vash Dragneel, MrCharles and Gnomes like this.
  7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

go full nepy style sp/st with flamefists and spirits of the mountain and baby furbull. top 10 in no time.

newsbuff and Gnomes like this.
  8. Deanhbk

Deanhbk New Member

Not sure what nepy style is nor what much else of that is tbh

9. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

If you want to win, the strongest builds are out of Savage Tundra. You can play full faction tundra based around their "good stuff" or a Frost Amp theme. Both are very strong. You can also split it with essentially anything and have a very powerful deck. ST mixed with Shattered Peaks is probably the other power deck at the moment.

Makorov likes this.
  10. MrCharles

Here's a thread I started about them that's got some info that might be useful http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/where-have-all-the-skeezick-gone.29617/

I think the Skeez are fairly managable as a new player deck. When your first starting out (or hell when you've been playing for years but not competitively all that often anymore) the learning curve can be extreme as there's so much going on with this game between the massive amount of runes, abilities, to the tactical maps, attempting to gain control of the fonts in order to outpace your opponent etc. etc. etc. I really think it's best to pick one deck and theme and play 90 percent of your games with it for the first couple of weeks at least.

Markoth will tell you that IS (Iron Fist) is OP and I am in no place to argue with him so here's an old but mostly still relevant guide to dwarves. I think the Drunk Dwarves might be a good fit for beginners

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/by-beard-we-conquer-a-guide-to-dwarves.67/

Next up is Markoth's very own and (I think?) up to date guide to Paladins. This thread is a good place to get read up on some different aspects of playing IS if you choose to go that way. I feel like Paladins are a bit more complicated and the core runes are a bit harder to craft/get hold of than the above so I wouldn't necessarily recommend starting out there.

Dunno maybe Markoth feels differently and I'd defer to him if so....

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...-guide-to-paladins-priests-and-shamans.11743/

Finally this guide for Spiders seems to be a common starting point for alot of people. I don't think (but wouldn't know for sure) that spiders are particularly competetive among high-level competition but for rookie to intermediary I've seen some success with them from time to time. The big drawing point with them is that they are pretty easy to pilot (though not completely mindless) and relatively cheap to build.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/a-guide-to-spiders.1300/

Tweek516 and Deanhbk like this.
  11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

for me, winning ranked games as a new player is 85% learning the fundamental mechanics and meta game (what types of things to anticipate during a game), 10% deck construction, and 5% luck. So I would encourage you to play what looks cool or interests you artistically, and focus on gittin gud. that said, the preconstructed decks are suitable to this and can definitely win games

12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Get the SP premade deck Thunderstruck its top tier.

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

ST ice amp

Anima26 and Deanhbk like this.
  14. Deanhbk

Deanhbk New Member

Build this yesterday. Still getting used to it but what I've made so far seems pretty good

15. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

He'll never learn how to play the game with Ice Amp.

Anima26, DiCEM0nEY and Etherielin like this.
  16. MrCharles

Do you mean he won't ever learn to play the game well if he does play and learn with an Ice Amp deck? or did you mean he won't be able to play Ice Amp?

17. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

I mean that Ice Amp is autopilot thus he will never learn the fundamentals, he'll just win.

Anima26, DiCEM0nEY and Etherielin like this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Hard to learn anything if you lose before the game even begins also