Future of PoxNora Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KTCAOP, Nov 3, 2019.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I'm also a UE4 developer

aseryen and Markus422 like this.
  2. elvenbl4de

elvenbl4de The King of Potatoes

long live poxnora! been playing for 15 years, cant see what the next years hold for this niche niche game <3

aseryen likes this.
  3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I have a lot of paper prototypes but nothing in UE4. So far I have a few 3D models made that I need to rig and get imported into UE4, then I can put some logic to everything and start working on some game modes.

Having a vertical slice is my goal end of the summer/2020 so that, if anything Ill have a playable portfolio

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

5. aseryen

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

7. aseryen

Octopiv4 insta mostly atm as that’s where they post frequently. I’m not sure which dev is who but it looks to be that there is a significant amount of collaboration going on; haven’t been able to tell if this is for the art book alone or a combination of future development for Poxnora:XYZ

As for speculation on if they franchise, that was mentioned by a dev as a possibility in response to a player asking about some of the community created content.

8. aseryen

Also have to take some of the things I say with a grain of salt
    Octopiv4 on Instagram releases the highest renders of Rune art the community has had access to; and also updates on the next-gen Pox game developed within UE4

As the post stated; there are 3 developers, and they’re looking for potential hires. I’m not saying at all they’ve reached out to me, I would rather be proactive and have what I think I can bring to the table.

Xzablaz likes this.
  9. aseryen

...Have you seen Pox’s competition?

MTG: Legends is going to be a CCG:Gauntlet remake...and Amazon is making a SnailGames/UE4 mod and trying to pass it off as original*sigh*

Slow and steady Octopiv4, let the other companies build that void; Pokémon and Magic have played their hand. Not sure there are any other notable IPs that can compete once Pox goes 3D.

LotR is even having to re-lore their IP to stay relevant...

10. DemonElf666

DemonElf666 New Member

PoxBot likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Ok I'm in. Comon couple more donations I want something physical so I can remember this game. There is nothing I abhor more than a lack of recordkeeping or lost history. Make this art book great!

12. Daggan

Daggan Administrator Octopi

Just posted an update on the art book here: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/the-art-of-poxnora-vol-1.35302/

Sorry I have not been posting any updates here. Ive been having trouble logging in and didn't want to bug anyone to fix it until I actually had something to post. Because we are all juggling many things, it's just easier to post on Instagram as opposed to posting in multiple places.

aseryen likes this.
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Finally some news!!!

14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Could we please have some more presence? You don't *have* to have news all the time, but it genuinely feels like forums are maintained by the few moderators still in service as well as the Discord server that I've been trying to preserve hard over the years.

15. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Is Poxnora 2 still a tabletop game? I saw a footage from Octopiv insta... looks like Poxnora is gonna be a mmorpg. Haha.

16. aseryen

There is no Poxnora 2 as it stands; expect content printed/released in specific mediums and blocks or sets associated as their title.

They could (but there’s been nothing stated) draft numerous mechanics into UE4/5 and effectively digitize any physical game they make under the IP; while there are trending genres, IP over the next decade is going to span the breadth of a marketplace and less that of a individual product. The expanse of IP/Lore associated with physical games that can/will be augmented in one form or the other is something that’s already available as a basic trope in Poxnora.

Think Commander and MtG; basically we are getting formats that (could/can/will be) present in UE4/5 and in if not OctopiV; then my off-canonic Tolkien/Pox/D&D/Warhammer game will just have to fill that void.

17. aseryen

On total ideas, present or not, the mmorpg genre isn’t something Poxnora is stepping into inherently. Servers are naturally going to increase in size but ultimately a bot game would be plenty to cover the depth of possible mechanics.

Tacking on genres is what is going to make OvtopiV job that much harder when they have races (further fleshed out than Paragon) and plenty of perspective “modes” to adapt to each race. I use Paragon cause that was the first&last game I’ve seen create unique perspectives for Hero-ability kits, with gameplay that is both PvE and PvP.

Holding to the 50+ races available to play...classes, dmg types, environment, scale, etc...think Meta-verse

18. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

So that footage is still Poxnora?

19. aseryen

footage being the UE4 stuff on insta?

As far as any game titles are concerned there hasn’t been anything announced since Plox Neon...those days are far behind us if @Daggan and OctopiV are actually looking for the funding they’ve speculated at.

it’d be ridiculous for non-canonic titles be released under OctopiV as a studio (unless they intend to outsource and then expand game mechanics as a studio)

I’m trying to fill in the holes like anyone else, I’m just coming from the perspective that the IP is successful and past attempts at game-loops(pitiful cash grabs) have failed tremendously; with the narrative that they still need money after the decade plus of Poxnora being their creation regardless of who is producing the content at the time.

Think League of Legends: *insert new genre/game loop here*

TL;DR OctopiV is Poxnora short of them opening the IP to other studios.

20. aseryen

Keeping my eyes open for job listings as well, can’t wait to work on some new titles/genres.

So far we know there will be a wave system to fight hordes of enemies, this being for UE4/5, and both ARK/Dark&Light mechanics would play well in PoxNora; available on the marketplace for modding.