Next Kickstarter Round

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aseryen, Aug 29, 2020.

?

Would you buy Poxnora 3D prints

1. You have to ask...? Only took them reverting to their original IP to take my money again...

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Static Figurines are ideal...keep the pedestals

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I need joints to pose and tinker with...and later break

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Miniatures for RPG is best...run the gambit on colors

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Yes, yes, and more yes, I want to paint some plastic

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Not interested in Pox-Anymore...*ugh*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Going to feature all the new turntables posted on octopiv4 instagram; get something physical into the stores so we can stop #hashtagging other IPs and mass marketing properly.

$5mill stretch goal here we go...

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I thought you weren't part of octopi you were going to make a knock-off pox 2

3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

To the first part, I'm not, just guessing at the octopiv4 roadmap; more satire than not but it's not a far stretch to think of their next move with what's being showcased.

To your second point, I am, just not nearly as far along on the art side as octopi but when I saw the postings I had to make some kind of buzz related to the turntables. Gives me a metric to what people may like if I have something worth printing on plastic. Also I won't be advertising as just a Pox-game; Poxnora will be there but not in a single form. If I release anything it can't infringe on any copyrights especially when I don't want to copy/paste and I would like to work in some capacity with other devs; my goal was to preserve the game on UE4 at the time when it was announced as free in 2014; that is still the goal now with UE5 and on but with my own loops/lore while following an industry norm of past-future story arc skip = "brand new product' which will more or less be able to make up for my lack of IP. When compared to Poxnora I've expanded on the lore since Boghoppers/Leoss/etc. aren't my own creations I had to fill gaps or make available the possibility I am given rights to the IP; and planning how then do I not miss the ball on that with an expanded corpus.