Serkan problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by serxic, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

Feels overpriced from 90 to 101 nora. Should`ve had range 4-7. Cripple & weary should be permanent debuff or replaced with something worthwhile, in example Drain, Shadestrike or Distracting blows.

He`s ok in some situations and that`s true for many runes, but wouldn`t mind him getting his former range 7 back. I don`t care if he can get +1 range with Bone Circle because it`s a 30 nora relic, i rather use that nora on Stitched Hex Doll wich gives him shielded and hex + curse, at least he survives a few turns that way. Kinda a must against many factions.

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

If by must use you mean must use with serkan, in which case I would advise cutting out the root of the problem, serkan. There's also despoil and ancient protection that can help but none of the solutions to defend supers are practical nor all inclusive.

3. Varthas

Yes lol, i could probably replace Serkan with a Lichling and it would`ve seen more use. I`ve used despoil quite alot, but Stitched Hex Doll is also good because it prevent opponent to equip Serkan with some negative equip, wich happens alot.

4. Bushido

Lol seriously no joke. I use 2x whisper ghast and a collection of souls, really never saw a use for serkan in that deck since they do everything pretty much.

For anti equip and spells I just use dmz and bone circle staff. Usually that's all I end up needing, I'm not horribly concerned about losing a whisper ghast versus a serkan.

Varthas likes this.
  5. Varthas

Serkan became viable after patch, at least for the midfielders.

6. Bushido

Extra attack is nice, but I don't see it being make or break. I still highly prefer ghast. The relocate dmz actually does a lot, potentially giving short lived units an extra turn in ap.

I also prefer drain to life siphon, for the lowered cost, and I prefer simply not having teleport (although 7 speed teleport is cute). I actually prefer having 6 speed as well, since it usually comes down to having to one shot things anyways, and the extra speed point is probably wasted on a long range scale. Lastly, attack frost is mostly a benefit, since weakness frost can actually come into play. To be fair, frost immunity is more common if people are playing st, which they aren't

Also, I'm still on the fence if fw is even viable. I still think sp is better in nearly every way.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  7. Varthas

The patch notes about Serkan is botched, he`s still Bane Shift. When click on him in rune manager you can give him the new spec, but when deploy him in a game he still have the old useless Cripple instead of the new Defensive Strike. It has fooled me in 3 separate games so i took him out of the deck.

8. Bushido

I used him vs tiny with cripple and weary, was kind of fun but he eventually used swap 3 and pull on elven strategist to kill him. I only lose -1 point so I was using a troll deck vs tiny on my second game. I wouldn't use def strike + vengful serkan tho tbh or cripple weary. Look at aspect of growth and tell me that is less useful than serkan. Tell me maxx pumping out 65 nora every two deaths is worse than serkan.

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Serkan is bugged and refuses to get himself fixed. We're still working on fixing him.

Varthas likes this.
  10. Pimplepopperhasthejuice

Pimplepopperhasthejuice The King of Potatoes

I say that Serkan is stuck in the middle with his offensive skills and his support/defensive skills compared to LK and X

• LK has a longer attack and teleport range, Oblivion Shield, immortality and now Phylactery bound with no support abilities a max cost @ 104
    • Serkan Vengeful, dictate, Frost Cone and Teleport. Support abilities Weary, Cripple, Defensive Strike and Hero max cost @ 102
    • X with Dark Awaking and Favor, Vitality Creation and Drain whose support comes when he dies (Grace of the Dead) and Death Pact and Tariff. maxing cost @ 93
    Move Serkan to one or the other, support or attack. Realign, change or drop abilities in order to fit one of the roles

11. Bushido

Literally any change made to serkan outside of a massive rework won't matter. As stated, compare him to Maxx, the stitched combo (only 50 nora more?), aspect of growth, aspect of Chaos, and you realize he is not in the same dimension as any of them .

It's not really fair to compare serkan to xulous because xulous is 100% utility (dark favor, death pact, and "cheap" scaling), but if you compare him to xulous + statue of xulous, even that is better than what serkan does.

12. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Dude, Serkan has always been one of the best heroes in this game. What are you talking about? He scales just as good as any other hero in the game with Vengeance. Throw a Stitched Hex Doll on him, and he's fairly unstoppable. You guys need to chill out with the negative reviews over this guy.

13. Bushido

Other than, you know, collections of souls. Also, how is +2 damage as good as 65 nora from max again?

14. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

This. And this is coming from one of the most experienced FW players ever.

15. Bushido

Im more experienced than macca (at the very least same tier). I also like macca as a player tbh, because he doesn't use strong decks but plays them well. But serkan sucks ass.

16. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

i think the problem is the lack of solutions fw has to protect him
    Welp, with so many nora shields and resistance to elements, serkan used to have ice and lighting, which ws very useful, you can still use it that way but to a certain way, defensive strike was very good as well because getting zapped ppl thought about rushing twice.

17. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Before the revamp, Serkan had all together ( Weary, defensive strike, vengeful and bomb) the problem was the revamp in him and is overpriced. 95 nora with boon of undead... Boon of undead other topic for talk about FW nerfs