Heroic quest, and pvp.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Feb 8, 2021.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Rivals heroic quest

Never been a fan of quests that force pvp when the best part of most card games is deck building and testing new ideas, this is highlighted even further in pox with the wide abundance of runes. Not everyone likes pvp, and to make people grind out pvp for 20 wins to be able to complete heroics is like pulling teeth. The wins themselves might not be so bad if most people didn't experience a game breaking bug every game, and pox games didn't last so long, which also creates more bugs the longer the game goes.

Just something to think about as I have rarely liked pvp in pox, can't stand metas, my bgs are often wonky and outside the box, and that is where pox shines with it's depth of runes and abilities.

Seems like we are trying to force pvp, when in reality pox with the implementation of skirmishes made great strides towards getting more players, and great strides toward more options outside the meta grind or "pvp" as everyone calls it. Pox never has been and never will be a pvp game, people don't have time for an hour to two hour long game.

7 ranked games being played right now
    22 custom games and 15 of those are against bots

Just food for thought

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think that the quest system conflicts greatly with the way pox is played at all levels for what it's worth

3. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

forcing you to play a certain way is horrible, couldnt agree more. even in shooters, no i don't want to play as a medic for e-points. wtf

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

No one is forcing you to play those. They are a way for players to get free stuff that didn't exist previously.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This is quite the tired excuse I always hear, nobody is forcing you to do dailies or heroics. The average pox game takes about 25 minutes, 20 wins, let's say you have a 50% win ratio, you need 40 games to win, do the math. This is a significant amount of time to dedicate to a quest in a game that crashes frequently and is riddled with bugs, some of which our veteran players exploit frequently.

If you want more players, the mentality can't ever be you aren't forced to get all that gold, and shards by doing these heroics that take forever to complete. Pox veterans have always had this mindset, I blame sony's 150k gold runes. What this type of quest essentially promotes is good players getting more rewards than bad players, we already have something for good players in drums of war, let's not also limit quest rewards for players that just hop in to have some fun.

So now bad players or even mediocre players on top of not being very good, now have to compete against someone with better runes also, because nobody is forcing you to play those. Okay then.

As a company, I should want my player base to enjoy those heroics and be on longer, a bad business model is when your players don't even want to do the daily or heroic quests for free gold and shards. See the difference ? Or we can chalk it up to "no one is forcing you to play those", just the use of the word force there explains how most people feel about some of the heroics or dailies, "forced".

A simple option to choose a different heroic quest for a price of gold, or change your daily and you only get so many changes a week would be nice. Giving players multiple options a week for heroics and having them pick one option from the 4 different categories would also be an option. Some of the heroics aren't even doable for new players just because of the lack of runes with certain abilities required.

Thank you for your input though

6. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

Agreed in general, not gonna go into too much details because the game goes far back in time but the pve thing was always popular and should`ve gotten the right attention at some point in time.

But no complaints because i like the game it`s just alittle unpolished here and there. I miss the old client atmosphere and a few more small things like see who`s in lobby, a challenge button, topics covered in another thread. The playerbase isn`t bad all things considered, there`s still hope me thinks.