Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PoxBot, May 3, 2021.

1. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wouldn't be wrong, I think you are just being biased. Then again, ur probably the same zealot that defends fs bonus on 2 font maps.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

that you'd be wrong with people disagreeing I meant. But it looks like you cannot keep a minimum level of discussion it seems

3. Bushido

No, people genuinely dont understand basic math. Cleansing mist for 30 nora. Spot lay on hands + 10 hp relic with 5 turn cd threat 40 nora. Cleansing temple 20 nora. <-- and this is just fs.

What's funny is people genuinely thinking they are more skilled than their opponent, when most of the game is decided by whether or not you are playing a competitive deck. There actually aren't that many competitive decks, but since ppl don't optimize they get to the conclusion that they are skilled players.

In a sense it's quite nice that shrine rush is meta, since it's been here the whole time, but the player base just didn't try it. Fun fact, the specific reason I have said thunderhoof is OP is because of shrine rush decks you can make that have very little counter play, similar to the decks that are run now. My suggestions are ignored in favor of people who don't know what they are talking about.

And what has been nerfed more than any other theme? Skeletons. But skeletons could never beat shrine rush in the first place. My exact point this entire time; yes skeletons are cancer, but fix the cancer that is stronger than skeletons cancer first.

Instead it's just nerf things so bad players can win.

But I dont want to rant too much. It really just comes down to my superior intelligence. I also think coming from a first class country (America, China) I understand things more intelligently than the average pox player, who has to deal with things such as violence and day to day survival, and dont have the luxury of time & conditioning & education to dedicate to trivial pursuits.

4. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

For someone with a superior intelligence, you can be quite rude. You would think, being so smart, that you would realize being rude doesn't get you anywhere. The reason no one listens to you is because you're mean.

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Putting faction players in charge of balancing their own faction, is like Oil execs being in charge of oil regulation.

It doesn't work, and i wouldn't wanna do it anyway. I've always been more of a reactionary, I'll comment on what i think is wrong or right in UD's planned future, but i can't straight up be in charge of its direction.

You need players with a balance mindset, to see all 8 factions, not players who are good at the game.

Good players can push back/offer insight, but they aren't as balance minded as you think. They can just spot what would be OP or garbage with a quick read.

Griselbrand likes this.
  6. Bushido

I could balance this entire game single handedly.

7. Bushido

Idk how many players there are now, but there were a decent amount before Beth got involved

8. Bushido

We'll never know, I never had the opportunity. And im certain even if it was balanced most players have written this game off entirely at this point. Tbh I never would have come back if it wasn't for covid + having a 300$ pc for awhile.

9. Bushido

Honestly I would ask players for consultation, even players who I think are stupid. I just would know how to make good decisions at the end of the day. I think having a sole person in charge is actually good for changing pox honestly, so long as the person is intelligent and experienced, things that pox devs have typically lacked.

10. Bushido

As for making more money, that's a separate conversation. But the changes have not been helpful, that's for sure.

11. Bushido

I don't know if this game could ever turn profitable tbh. I know that it has no hope with it's current direction tho.

In order for a very niche yet very competitive game like this to attract a paying player base, it has to have a strong design philosophy and someone who knows what they are doing behind the scenes.

If you are trying to put this game to bed, let an unloved random group of people power trip on the game.

If you want pox to have even the slightest chance of coming back, you can't afford to Firk it up further.

Honestly if they are TRYING to kill the game, then I have respect for @corticies on this playing the long game. But if they are actually trying to help this game, it probably should have been clear by the 5th dm (10% of player base?) That Beth was the wrong leader.

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

This beyond ironic, considering you have no standing or support in the community.

You may not like Eth's direction, but you have no right to demand the level of input you think you are entitled too. You have neither provided valid arguments that have gained support, nor shown the slightest capability to lead and listen to other's opinions.

I truly believe @Etherielin will at least entertain reasonable discussion, and even allow changes he doesn't like if it has community support.

If you want your own little dictatorship where you can rule without consideration of others opinions, feel free to buy the game.

TL DR You have no evidence your opinions are valid in any manner, its just all out of your head, no evidence, no community backing, nothing. Get a reality check.

13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Honestly i can't think of 4 players.

Mostly because of 2 reasons:

1) If i said the most active players in the patch discussions discord, you'll just label them as Eth's so called shadow friends.

2) If you just go good players, reality check, 99% if not 100% don't care enough to plan patches every month, or make any decisions on any consistent basis.

Also you will enter the dangerous zone of who qualifies as a good player, which is a biased, boring discussion.

You can't weight future decisions using what's already happened, its the sunken cost fallacy. You can only decide based on current situation/resources.

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If I was on the shadow council I wouldn't need to discuss things publicly to have them considered right?

15. Bushido

This game is so far beyond saveable that I don't even give it serious consideration. I truly believe the company is kind of incompetent tbh, and giving Beth as much power as he has is just par for the course.

16. Bushido

Had to Google that, good word.

17. Bushido

Anyone else find it ironic that fw angel is not getting buffed solely because I said it sucks and Beth doesn't want to be proven wrong? Ironic in that this topic reached 50 pages, and that this limited discussion is more detailed than the changes that are put fourth on a monthly basis? Jsing.

Might as well state that the morg changes are gimmicky and trash as well for the record.

18. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

I highly doubt that's the reason it isn't getting buffed, not everything is about you. Others disagree with you and think it's fine, I have no opinion cause I don't play FW.

19. Bushido

You just casted doubt, which implies you have an opinion. Having doubt only works if there is a choice, and when you choose doubt you formulate an opinion.

But if it makes you feel better, I'll disregard what you said, and also say the people who disagree with me on the fw angel are wrong.