Patch Notes: July 1st, 2022 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Jul 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

it's capitalized Beth a different person than non-capitalized beth? either way I don't know either of them.

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sorry, I can't respond, Beth keeps moving my psus to off topic.

3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

In what world are ferren OP

4. Bushido

In the world of like 3 patches ago lol. They are likely not strong anymore, try yeti or leoss.

5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Why are we nerfing themes? Thats the trade off. you run a theme you should have some kind of advantage for running it versus cherry picking what OP champs are in play at the moment. Every time you nerf something else needs to get nerfed. I have seen multiple champs face lifted over and over.

6. Bushido

They aren't deliberately nerfing themes, ironically they are trying to make them better... or something. The issue comes down to incompetence really. They aren't skilled at the game, nor do they even play it. This game is very difficult to be good at, because it requires a ton of knowledge. There are very few actual good players, and very few subject matter experts. They consult with none of them.

I know exactly why you think they are buffing meta -> in ST, they almost are by likely overnerfing only Ferren. I actually agree with your analysis, although I would say that themes are likely still the way to go in ST -> just not ferren anymore (lol). Also, ferren were not overpowered. They were strong, but not overpowered. The nerfs were redic. I could have made some changes that would have been better, but im not the one that decides that, sorry.

The main driving force behind the changes is bad people make bad changes, ie incompetence. If they were decent people, they would listen to others, admit they are stupid and incompetent, and take advice from their betters. Instead, they keep their ego, and form cliques to keep their social power. It's not a surprise they don't balance in good faith, as they aren't good people.

I think the changes speak for themselves to be honest. However most of the good players don't play anymore; devilsrath coming back is proof how untalented the current player pool is, as he basically steam rolled to top spot. Truthfully there is nothing you can do vs him with certain factions others than just get lucky, and its because the game is so out of balance, but the team in charge of balance can not see the nuance.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Shut up

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Don't really think the patches have been all that bad, even if they were, who cares, it's one dude running this boat. Also, as long as the game feels fresh and not stagnant, i'm cool with random nerfs and buffs.

9. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

As someone who has been at best playing a dozen games at a time once in 2-4 years, the game has been stagnant and plagued by a lot of problems including balance.

As a returning player I am shocked at the changes I have discovered. While things might not be perfect the fact that someone is actively trying to implement changes to help the game be as great as it can be is amazing.
    I have jumped in and felt the shock of “where is my favorite X for my deck Y!? They changed that!?” But if I am being honest those are small hurdles I have been adapting too and am fine with. The fact that these changes have been made with thought is more important to me than my favorite theme having all the tools I want.

everytime I have engaged with Rorschach on the forum he has not only engaged in discussion about the issues (or what I thought were issues) but he also explained the design and thought process behind changes and other processes, sometimes to incredible detail (which I highly appreciate). All reasoning has been sound.

while not everyone is happy, such as Bushido, I think the attempts for balance and changes are going in the right direction.

min my experience with other games, when a player base is at best stagnant and at worst bleeding players, then something needs to change. Idk if the current changes are what’s needed, but people are coming back to the game and new people are trying it out. That on its own says a lot.

And while I agree with Bushido that this is a hard game to learn, let alone master, I do not think you need the TinyDragons of the game being the only people to get feedback from. The discord has been a great resource as plenty of feedback from experienced players as well as less experienced has been able to be given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.