Client and Gameplay Update: September 30th, 2022.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Oct 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Link to the patch notes: Click me!

Feel free to discuss the patch here! What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

elvenbl4de likes this.
  2. elvenbl4de

elvenbl4de The King of Potatoes

Long live Poxnora!

3. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Anyone else curious about the list of words that are apparently super-forbidden? :p

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Ugh, word filtering is lame. All it does is give power to those words.

vipoid likes this.
  5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Not Really. Just another group of keyboard control kaisers bent on shutting out opinions opposed to their personal political ideologies.

vipoid likes this.
  6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Yeah, because racial slurs, homophobia, and bigotry are things everyone wants in their online community. ;)

7. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I mean, yeah, some people do want those words in their communities. Some might also just not like having their allowed vocabulary dictated to them by people who likely have a political agenda.

As an example of the former, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that one of the racial slurs that's banned is the dreaded n-word. However, I happen to know many black people who use that word with the same regularity that other people use a comma. So we're preventing those black people from using a racial slur so that they don't offend... black people. I guess if they use that word then they're not the right sort of black people? :confused:

In any case, I can understand having a profanity filter for people who don't want to hear such terms. But if you allow people the option to filter out bad words, why also filter them out when people turn off their filters? Doesn't that defy the whole point of having a vocabulary filter that you can turn on and off?

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What makes you think that having the ethnicity that a slur targets allows you to use that slur?

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Probably the fact that it happens frequently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.