Balancing Force vs Banish

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Sirius, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

According to my understanding, if Balancing Force is up and the opposing player casts Banish, the closest opposing champion should be hit by a copy of the effect. However this was not the case in my match. Salaman Ninja was targeted, however the opposing Salaam was not.

I could see this not working on purpose due to some sense of balance, but I suspect in this case it was just a bug.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

@Sirius I think it's more of a technicality than a bug. Banish states that "target OPPONENT champion..." since the champions controlled by your opponent are his, they do not constitute valid targets for banish. If it was, say, blink, that can naturally target your own champs as well as your opponent's it should have worked.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Well that's just very confusing and I can't even be sure you are right, because...

"For 6 turns, the next time an opposing player targets a champion with a spell from the runedock, the closest valid champion controlled by a different player is targeted by a copy of the same spell as though it was cast by you. This effect does not stack and is hidden until triggered."

The text of Balancing Force states the spell is treated as thought cast by me, which would make it irrelevant whether Banish says "opponent champion" because at that point, the target would be my opponent and thus a valid target. So maybe you're right and the concept of 'valid target' is decided before the effect "changes owner", but if that's truly the case I wish to report Poxnora itself for griefing. :(

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I see, I was reading the effect on the screenshot you posted so it seems there is a little conflict in the descriptions there.