Mimic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jenovah2, Jul 10, 2014.

1. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

I am confused by what is claimed to be changed from mimic from the old nerfed mimic to the new (which is not working as described)
    Mimic

Old:
    Target friendly champion gains all of the base and upgraded abilities of the closest non-Avatar/Boss/Elite champion within 1 space owned by an opposing player. Basic attacks and abilities that change a champion's form are not gained.

New:
    Target friendly champion gains all upgraded abilities of adjacent non-Avatar/Boss/Elite champion. Basic attacks and abilities that change a champion's form are not gained.

Please explain ....and people, stop say thank god mimic is nerfed when op spells like blink are completely overlooked!

As the revamp affected via formula various champions, but disparity and formula seems unfounded if abilitys are lost but abilities still taken into consideration on a champion. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that any champion over 100 nora needs to have a reason for this

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Mimic now only copies the abilities from upgrade paths 1 and 2, nothing else. So if you mimic your opponent's Boneshredder, and they have Domain Chasm for upgrade path 1, and Calcify for upgrade path two, you'll gain both of those, but you won't gain Chasm Walker, Boon of the Undead, or Deploy Bone Trap.

3. jenovah2

of course not....hence why bother to use mimic any longer. You cannot gain abilitys that could make it worthwhile.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

For the current nora cost, no, it wouldn't be worth it. After the champ recost, they have said they are going to look at spells, relics, and equipment. If Mimic were lowered, then it could be useful again.

jenovah2 likes this.
  5. jenovah2

Yes...but like so many other things that are over costed and never change from being shoeboxed, i do not expect to see this in the next year

6. Lepakko

Lepakko Devotee of the Blood Owl

Spell, relic and equipment revamp isnt even done. They will recalculate cost of most of the camps too. So it little waste of time go all crazy.

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

yeah some spells, abilities and mechanics took some major collateral damage from the cost revamp. Others were made better by the cause and effect. Mimic got hit worse than most

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Coming from a life long SLer, good riddance to that garbage poor play inducing spell. I hope it enjoys its well earned and well deserved place on the shoebox.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

At the current nora cost, here's what I would like to see for Mimic.

Target champion gains the race, class, upgraded abilities, and either racial or class abilities of adjacent non-Avatar/Boss/Elite champion. Abilities that change the champion's form are not gained.