We discuss doomsday revamp changes ITT

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Jib, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I see no difference in call to war or skeez revolt champs. They all still have the default upgrade abilities. Skeez rioter swarms now do have no upgrades and are type summons... making them significantly worse.

2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Actually, devs sayd that range is not costed for its numerical values (1-2 in this case) but for the ammount of squares it covers, so range on 2x2 champs is more expensive.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Still, range 1 on a 2x2 covers 8 squares. 1-2 on a normal covers 12.

*boggle*

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I mean, after a few games I find euan to be a very efficient champ, as far as heros go. Probably one of the best heros atm. Vinny is strong for his cost. His damage output was banged, but with all the changes in costing the amount of defense he has is great. I think, like many champs of a similar nature, his overall power was certainly decreased, but all changes considered his board presence is still enormous.

I wouldn't be surprised if euan gets a cost increase in the near future, tbh

Valdac lost Absorb. I win the Forums

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Congratulations, it's now trash tier.

jenovah2 likes this.
  6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i never ran valdac with absorb...

people just assumed that i did
    #winning

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

WHAT ABOUT REGEN?

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Regen + Empathy for Valdac, remove DragonFlight (something something racials not required on errychamp)? Also, I expected Valdac to cost less due to Roar's cost in comparison to how much less Akakios is with it. I wonder if it is Summon Dragon that's making him over 100 nora :p

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Why is Desert Walker 12 nora.

Seriously, why?

jenovah2 likes this.
  10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Rioter needs alliance base.

11. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

NO...answer to your question. you could run it...but why.

12. jenovah2

is this a for real post? Rioter was always a swarmer. But does not have skeez alliance for whatever reason. SO...swarmers cannot swarm? is this what you are saying? and if so, yes...there is no point to using a rioter

13. jenovah2

PT....yes..valdac is useless now. And so is vinny...despite his always being a great champ...at 111 nora..why? I would like to know that last time since change you actually faced vinny. You haven't? thats because noone uses him now because he is too damned expensive to deploy!!!

14. jenovah2

without punish...what is the point. Remove basalisk flavor gaze and give him something useful again. PLEASE!

15. jenovah2

Sure...but make sure not to nurf summons on FW stuff...cause that would be terrible. Only the Sl stuff cause they are all so op atm.

16. PurpleTop

I actually did face a vinny, and he beat me. Sure he's a lot of nora, but he's also a pile of tough scaly meat.

Yeah Vinny, Valdac, Vex, akkakios, Dreadnought, Angel.... they all got huge nora jumps. On a smale scale what this did was make, specifically in SL, dragon decks that were focused on these champs a lot, a lot harder to play. Pretty much you have to choose one of the above champs, not more than one because their price tag demands it. the same goes for pretty much every faction, so on a Large scale I actually like what these changes did. It made it so that all three Heros, Dragons, Titans and Angels (and doomies for that matter) aren't auto includes in every bg. Now because of their cost you more or less have to choose one of the above and I think that that leaves room for a lot more creativity.

Using SL as an example, you can make a good bg in the faction. With where meta is right now, you are gonna have better luck using mostly efficient 60-70 noraish champs, with some mid to high 8o's champs for raw power. Then you can pick either an Angel, a Vinny, a Valdac, a Vex or a doombringer to be in there to control the flow of the game. They cost a lot, sure but once they hit the board they will have a major impact on the board. The trick is figuring out which one of these 100 nora + champs is the right one, the only one, for your specific deck.\

Same thing happened to SP. In some BG's I have sceian, in others I have the angel. I think I have one with an angel and a doomie. But if I were to have all three hero's in, at their current price, it would be a huge tempo hit to expect to use all three

17. PurpleTop

Additionally, with the new meta being about cheam, profitable and efficient champs, I think that themes are the way to go.... specifically cheaper themes like Skeez and Kanen. The reason behind this is that there are plenty of cheap champs in most themes, and when they are being used IN those themes they become more efficient due to synergy, and this has a huge impact especially when that synergy is seen on every champ deployed.

18. jenovah2

Themes are damaged though PT. There are many runes with removed abilities yet higher costs. I believe this will lead to circus decks. In terms of using vinny....i couldnt get him out in a game due to his costs. Have been reccomended to use skywins....but still not certain about that atm.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I find that to include a 100+ champ you have to give up a relic/equip/spell slot, otherwise you're risking not having a first turn deploy. It's like running a lumbering champ.

20. PurpleTop

All champs lost abilities and/or got a cost hike. It was a game-wide change so essentially every thing was nerfed. In perspective, then, nothing was. So while themes feel different due to the different attributes associated with each champ, they will still have a significant effect vs any other deck because their deck will have had the same treatment