Some racial issues

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by PurpleTop, Jul 9, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I noticed that Basalisk Templar is of the race Dragon. Makes sense. But if this is the case, wouldn't it make sense for Diamondhide Basalisk to also be race: dragon?

On that same note, Crokadar Gurardian could use the same treatment. Just attempting to make sense of it flavor wise.

"Oh, silly PT. Champs can't be both beasts AND dragons!" Why not? Varu Howler did it.

Just thought I'd share my wisdom-ful thinking.

PS. Why is Draksar Broodqueen a dragon, but not her baby Draksar Broodlings?

2. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I think I'd rather Basilisk Templar be made race beast than the other two be dragons. Basilisk and Crok a dok both used to be race reptile, which was done away with. I don't think every reptilian creature necessarily needs to be a dragon.

Winged female draksars are race dragon, but not the winged male draks... though broodqueen was a retcon. Hatching season exploding babies are dragons, but broodling exploding babies are not. I think you have a valid case that they could all be the same whether that's drak, dragon, or both.

3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Many of the lady drakkies are dragons because they have wings and are flying.

One could argue either way on the basilisk and crokodar. But I see no great issue with them being dragons.

4. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

LOL...Like there is a rhyme or reason to broodling thing? or anything else changed?

5. Archimo

Archimo New Member

I am abit confused on something lorewise so draksars slowly evolves to dragons or some does atleast so stages is human -> Draksar -> 3/4 dragon (dragon + draksar) and Dragon last it seems that only males have the single race of dragon while female draksars are all dragon + draksars and i am wondering why there arn't any normal draksar female as for example the spell taint shows a female turning into a draksar without wings.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I've always thought that the females tend to become more draconic because they went from popping out a human baby every so often to spawning entire broods. This would necessitate more dramatic changes than might be needed for most males.

Also as far as human -> Drakkie -> dragon goes it is a further potential evolution/mutation/blessing from the dragon gods.

7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/champion/34

8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Also boobs, if female were only dragon they would have lost them, so for the sake of boobs they made them draksar/dragon

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The things we do for boobs.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Akakios needs race draksar as well as dragon.

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Akakios needs more changes.