We discuss doomsday revamp changes ITT

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Jib, Jun 26, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I find this to be true too, but they are still absolutely runnable. Just gotta think differently about when to deploy them and how to use them

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, and in some themes, like Skeezick, I can see running a 100+ champ like the General. In others though, certain spells are key to the deck, at least in my mind, and the slot cannot be spared.

3. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

some things were more nerfed than others...that is not balance...that is selection. And if you can get enough nora together to deploy a vinny in a game....more power to ya. I do not believe that anyone at this point playing is using over costed runes to win the game and have switched to runes that were "less" nerfed than others.

4. PurpleTop

Right that's why it depends on the theme. In a dragon deck, it would make total sense to run either Vinny or Valdac, as they both contribute to the theme very well.... but since they both cost 110+nora you can't fit them in. So you have to decide between a meaty heavy-hitter or a powerful support with heals and summons. Having both is just asking for trouble because of draw wins/not enough nora

5. PurpleTop

I'm running Voil Prog atm.... 120 nora. With sceian in that deck too actually. Sure it's a tempo hit; you have to wait a turn when you could deploy a sub-80 rune the turn before, but it means you have to make the decision. Is the kit that the 120 nora champ has worth waiting for? It will always depend on the situation, but if you play it at the right time it can absoultely set up a win-con

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They said before the revamp that the meta would be shaken up. If everything was nerfed exactly the same amount, the meta would be exactly the same as it was before, just with a slower paced game. You're right, it would be foolish not to play a "less" nerfed rune. Some of the 100+ runes are those less nerfed runes though.

7. PurpleTop

So for vinny, he isn't a brainless drop anymore. You want him in your deck because of the power his kit offers. s0 if you are facing a slew of magic damaging or acid immune champs (or physical resistant), you wont wanna deploy him. But if your opponent is putting a little pressure on you with a few physical damage champs, and he is grouping them up, it might be very beneficial to wait a turn so that you can get the 111 nora to deploy him, since they will have a very hard time dealing with what he brings to the board

8. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

You're not on the same page here. Post revamp Summons were coming in with upgrade abilities. There was a patch that was supposed to take these abilities away. The patch didn't effect every summons though. At least at the time I made that post Call to War summons and Skeez Revolt summons were still coming in to play with the default upgrade options making them really good, especially Call to War. The skeez rioter swarms were changed from being real units to summoned units and also had no default upgrades. This means they can no longer contest fonts and don't have skeez alliance. You can still get a snowball effect going with them but they aren't nearly as good as they were pre patch.

9. jenovah2

I see what you are saying now. Yes, that spell allocating those three units and one unit to the other person as summons and not real champs definately changes the overall outlook indeed.

10. jenovah2

I want him in my deck because he is vinny. Even when he was weak against mage, he was fun to play. But you seem to think that you can "wait a turn" in a game without cause and effect. What I am saying is that even when vindrax hovered at the 100 nora mark, you could actually occasionally deploy him. But unless you manage to get him off on the first turn...and they are gonna gang **** him then anyway....you are not likely to deploy him at current costs. Is he a great rune? yes. Is he playable now? NO!

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Recost patch did exactly what I feared it would.

Hey, shiny purplz are runnable now. Yay?

Like 69 nora Hellions. Pewpew.

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah... Community is to blame on this one, though, they were all crying their super expensive runes werent being used. Serves us right.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just btw, 33nora skeezick snipers are the biggest mofos in town now

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Basilisk templar and centurions at 75 nora

15. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Drak Lord is actually an interesting choice at 83ish nora...

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

21 nora Tusks disagree with that assessment. But 33 nora skeez snipers are rather lolworthy.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't see those fat fants have the SL winners tag

18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I was unsure if "town" was only SL or if it was more all encompassing.

19. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Well, you certainly get what you (don't) pay for.
    Since they are SKEEZICK snipers, they rarely hit anything, and never what you WANT to hit.
    Still.

20. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

85 nora master trapsmiths doe