Request for Basilisk Templar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nautilak, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

Could Basilisk Templar get race: Beast?

Other rider units get the race of the rider and mount, as the Templar already has.

But if you look at the other SL units with Petrifying Gaze they are all beasts. Also, the only other Basilisk in the game is SL and is beast as well.

I think it would help with Skeezick Herder for the brand of beasts that SL would like to one day have as well.

Any thoughts?

Grillado and Morfeas like this.
  2. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

Well the templar is riding a diamonhide basilisk, it race is beast so its not a crazy idea to ask for the change of races.

Grillado, Nautilak and Morfeas like this.
  3. Nautilak

Exactly. It says it's a dragon mount but it's a basilisk. I'd much prefer all basilisks be counted as beasts.

Morfeas likes this.
  4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The beast deck needs more help then basilisk templar to be viable. Mainly, better interaction between other beasts, less role overlap within beasts and Herder losing desert walker for 12 nora reduction.

Desert walker is really expensive, for what it does.

5. nytrequiem

nytrequiem The King of Potatoes

The basilisk is a dragon, not a beast. I'd rather the Templar get 1-2 range given that it's wielding a honkin' huge halberd.

devrn and BurnPyro like this.
  6. Nautilak

But if one is a dragon why aren't they both dragons? It seems like picking and choosing and I'd say beasts need a unit more than Dragons need to keep one, or even just add beast on. Maybe baby Basilisks are beasts and adults are beast dragons? I know Basislisk used to be a beast dragon.

7. Sealer0

Diamondhide basilisk has race:beast.

SaintKiwi and Nautilak like this.
  8. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

Make Basilisk Templar race: draksar, dragon and beast. Make Diamondhide Basilisk race: dragon and beast.

Do this now.

Nautilak, Grillado and soulmilk like this.
  9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

agreed.

10. Sealer0

This really doesn't matter much, unless you desperately want to include Diamondhide in your dragon bg (which is not that terrible considering we don't have better tanks).

But as for beast bgs, it won't change anything. Maybe unless you have 2x pox renovators.

11. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

We need more beasts with alternate damage types so i can make a viable beast/petrifiying gaze bg.

12. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

You guys can make it into was you want but the so called " Dragon " is actually a beast lol. If Diamondhide Basilisk is race beast why wouldn't a mounted one be?

Nautilak likes this.
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

They should either be race Beast or race Dragon.

/enddiscussion

Nautilak likes this.
  14. Nautilak

I vote beast, since most mounts are beasts anyways and I think non-flyers would make a good beast, plus SL needs more beasts.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

And as DMR pointed out, if its a matter of consistency, make the basilisk race dragon.

16. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Race: Moga imo.