Altar of Votaev

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by vipoid, Jul 19, 2014.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Does anyone use the Altar of Votaev?

It looks fun, but I'm wondering if it would take too long to have an impact on the game.

2. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

With 30 rune docks it won't really do anything for you. If you go through all 15 plus champs in you bg fast enough to need a cooldown reduction you've probably already lost. Also its 25(?) nora that can go to something more useful.

3. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

In a battlegroup based on it, its invaluable.

NiGhtMaRiK likes this.
  4. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Curious :)
    I've tried to recycle champs with cheap UD runes (mostly Dep elves) but it just isn't fast enough. Would be interested to hear your thoughts please.

5. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

If you use 1 as a font contestor, it is cheap, and when you win the font it stays there. In the times you win the font it insures an already likely victory. Not much use outside of being inexpensive.

If youre playing a doom based sacrifice bg that cycles through champs at an accelerated rate, I would run 2x. It will keep your champs from being depleted. Allowing you to re-use the champs that are ideal for dooming and sacrificing. Using high cost champs instead of inexpensive ones, cause you get higher nora gen from them. Doom before you sacrifice, always make sure you get the nora globe afterward.

In the right battlegrouping, you don't even need to sacrifice every time. Sometimes just dooming and suiciding a champ is ideal.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  6. RKane

RKane Member

It can be used in bgs you need crucial champs back faster. A Maxxarek bg would be the best example, where you d want those priestesses back asap. A plenthora of cheap champ deploys would ensure a strong late game, both through fast recyclement of champs, since you ll be dying a lot, and through dark summons. Too bad imp trickster costs so much now. His split ability was ideal for the altar. Crippling Maxx's potential didnt help either. Keep in mind swarmers work to that end as well.

7. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I've used this rune ALOT!

Its one of my favorite runes, however i've strayed from using it as much these days.
    Right now i just have it in my FW Raze deck. Skele spam, Cap Tyranny.

Previously it let me get back crucial counter runes in FF UD.
    For instance Cushions that were domi cliffed or otherwise dealt with in an odd fashion because my opponent couldnt deal with them.
    On death reduced by 2, Demon Lich fuels it and sac's/rets fuel it. Id usually have whoever i wanted back in 3-5 turns.

With so many things going summoned these days. Its not as inviting to me.

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It's well suited to attrition builds but demons don't often play attrition.