i had a cool idea for our crystal units :3

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by undred, Aug 3, 2014.

1. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

i thought he looked cool T.T
    although i do understand why you don't want more passive units

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Ok the grand artisan ability seems like itd be extremely problematic to implement and I don't quite understand gem master

3. Zahmet

Zahmet The King of Potatoes

I can't like/upvote this enuff
    I played them before the revamp and they were nice but not OP at all, and now it's both a big hassle to change the upgrades and they feel so behind with having to "waste" one upgrade on Endless Devotion on all of em :/

undred, Goyo and KingJad like this.
  4. undred

i understand , i was just trying to think outside the box :p
    gem master allows you to use any nora gem relic , despite its faction, and the rune will count as an ST rune .

5. KingJad

That is the most complicated ability ever as it would take effect in the rune manager with that logic

6. undred

yup .

just wated to think outside the box :p

this way you could use all the nora gem runes

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

We don't need to use all the Nora Gems, we just need them to be effective when used together. That said, complex solutions should be avoided in favor of simple solutions wherever possible.

KingJad likes this.
  8. KingJad

The simplest solution is endless devotion on base. The current upgrade path is theme vs utility. there should not be a sacrifice required to run something with its intended use.

9. Entrepidus

Agreed, but for Trail: Crystal, a few champions need some of their previous abilities back (or it removed from base) in order to not hinder the theme with unwanted candy trails all over the place.

Goyo likes this.
  10. KingJad

Crystal champions need some type of interaction with crystals left behind from trail. Perhaps they could be devourable to crystal champions for a 4 hp heal(I want something that has good uses so I thought of fire eater and it's interaction with lava terrain).

With devourable having a 1 turn cool down it limits the heal to 4 hp per turn. It's a slightly larger heal than moving across lava in a fire eater bg but our heal would be much more limited.

Edit: of course this ability would still be better on upgrades for champions like crystal crawler as the crystals would still be troublesome when navigating.

11. undred

maybe they could consume the crystals for various purposes .

prismatic heal : destroy all crystals within 2 spaces of this unit , it heals 2hp for each one destroyed

prismatic summon : destroy 5 crystals within 3 spaces of this unit , summon something

12. KingJad

Prismatic heal + trail crystal

13. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

in the past it was elaborated upon that the terrain left behind by crystals and force barriers were special in the sense that they do not exist.

this is why you could not tele-port out of a force barrier as once you were surrounded their was no way to path to the outside of the force barrier.

I may be misinterpreting it was a very long time ago, and force barrier practically doesn't exist in st anymore.

anyways you can't consume

anyway I'd rather see surge crystal, it'll never happen but one can hope XD

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  14. undred

they would have cooldowns , just saying XD , and it only heals the unit using it

15. KingJad

This would be fine if we had abilities like 'crystal enclosure' (adjacent spaces to target champion are crystal for 4 turns). Trail crystal is more of a hinderance.

Goyo likes this.
  16. calisk

true but only because champs aren't designed to take advantage of it ^^

thoguh sadly not many effects can really take advantage of it.

retreat/leap-3/tunnel/teleport you could leap over your crystals creating minor barriers.

relocate - ally/enemy using the barriers you could put enemies into tough spots, or allies in the right spots.

hit and run

mobility

swap

high speed in general is needed to take advantage of this ability.

unstoppable to prevent units from taking advantage of your crystals and turning it into a negative

in a deck with multiple trail crystal units, anything with knock back could be very useful.

surge if it existed....=(

imagine a champ with retreat-1, trail crystal, slam and hit and run.

when engaged in melee you spend 1 ap to retreat to the opposite side and then hit the champ into your crystal for an extra 10 knock back damage, then back up 1 space for free preventing them from counter attacking in melee.

or perhaps a beefier champ, a 2x2 with 0 damage and 7 speed to start but surge crystal, give him charge-3, and unstoppable and you got a champ that could hit like a freight train in the right deck or pretty hefty even on his own. keep in mind each step would give him 2 damage, and his 0 damage would result in a pretty reasonable cost.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    KingJad, Goyo and Entrepidus like this.
  17. Entrepidus

I'm glad you seem to understand what I was getting at earlier in the thread with providing Crystal champs abilities that interact well with the trails they are currently forced to make.

18. KingJad

@calisk for our next patch could you fix Nora gem and destabilizing luminescence and have endless devotion moved to base for crystals?

19. calisk

I can only suggest a few things a patch. bug fixes aren't really on my list but I will be sure to mention them.

now for endless devoution I will do that on my next set of suggestions as my current ones have already been put out and are being discussed

undred, Goyo and KingJad like this.