A Guide to Spiders

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

2. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I did suggest trying to include Mass Web, Helltick, And remove that goddam Shield which is as usesfull today as uninstalling the game. If you really, really want some Range control, better use Minslicer Obelisk.

3. Authyrtyr

I disagree, I've won many a game by putting a shield on Kl'zik. Also, spiders have a decent number of ranged units. Depends on your build of course but both Soulcrawler and Demonbarb are excellent spiders who are affected by the obelisk.

4. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Then forget Obelisk, I was going to suggest Orb, but the problem is always that you must have some source range reduction, specially know that everybody's got some Melee/range tag team they relly upon to twart any attack attempt

5. Authyrtyr

Updated guide with the Revamp status of the Spider theme. May very well change with patches and my changing opinions of these runes, but here it is. Tell me your thoughts on my thoughts (and maybe on the current state of the theme as a whole).

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

brood mother is now 7/5

7. Authyrtyr

I would but I don't want the guide to take on that tone. But I agree, Broodmother is really OP now.

8. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I've yet to play but one game post-revamp but it's hard to imagine that Broodmother is better than she was pre-revamp, even considering everything else was changed. Before Broodmother had Lumbering but she had Leap 3 to compensate, Web, Surge 2, and Deathspawn Spiderlings all in one kit for what I think was 64 nora.

9. Authyrtyr

Before her nora cost was 75. Also, now she can have Life Siphon and Surge 2. Before you had to choose between Surge 2 and Life Siphon (although you should've always taken Surge 1 at the very least).

10. Adam B

Adam B The King of Potatoes

how arent you runing dark pack it your bg? i win games with this oppinents always make a spell in kziks

11. Authyrtyr

Differing experiences I suppose, Kl'zik usually gets powerturned but it usually isn't spell based in my experience, I'll just see my opponent focus fire on her. I'll see a lot of powerturn spells (ie Mobilization, Benediction, some Bullseye) but Dark Pact won't interact with those.

12. Anaarkoon

Anaarkoon Member

What would be the best substitute for Phase Spider?, as these are hard to get atm...

13. Authyrtyr

Phase Spider's purpose is to stall the opponent and font contest. Both Hell Tick and Flameweb Spider (with Demon Shield) can be pretty good at font contesting.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sticky!

15. Authyrtyr

Huzzah sticky

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Well deserved. You might make a note somewhere on the guide, that it is based upon your findings, and your playstyle. It made differ for some people.

17. thetylerlee

thetylerlee The King of Potatoes

This guide and everyone's responses have helped me out! Thanks to everyone in this thread

I'd like to ask, What's the best use for the Void spider? And what upgrades should he have?

18. Authyrtyr

Void Spider works mainly as a cheap beater. A nice champion to round out your ranks and give some flexibility. He has a little tankiness, a little range, and a little utility. I'd build him with Void Strike or Multiattack and Reflection 1. Reflection is a bad ability so minimize the impact that that sandbag has on Void Spider's nora cost.

19. thetylerlee

thetylerlee The King of Potatoes

20. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

HI hello and good day to you
    after reading this I found myself wishing I have stumbled on it few days earlier,
    you see i am a newbie, spiders intrigue me, I recently sacrificed many cards to get 2 arachnablades, which after seeing your BG, is a fact that makes me wanna cry

My question to you is, should I go full ham on this, and try and get 2 phase spiders (and are they worth it), or do I just drop this whole mess and go for something entirely different (like favorable Kanan/Minotaurs) that can be crafted easily and are (importantly) competitive and equally newbie friendly and FUN

So far what I have is a half-assed Demon UD deck (with Kl'zik and Grimilic being my MVPs)
    and a half-assed spider deck which I will send you the link for now

http://poxbase.com/deck/C5MCw=CuXc6+C8Kc3VcfXcfBCqqCqys3Vs4@s7Fs2Hs4ks3oS1FsOsArAE1UeN

Thanks in advance

mario75 likes this.