A Guide to Spiders

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 16, 2014.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Disregard this. Started off well, but then I went on a losing streak (mostly due to me being rusty from too much single player), so I'm playing something else now.

2. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

Translate as: I played ST multiple times in a row.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Also new wings, which may be a bit much

4. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I can't win for Bane Shift with spiders. They have really no defensive capabilities and they take spells in the face. They are rlly cool but I can't make them work. Anyone got some suggestions?

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I was hoping to get spider spells buffed - mass web and arthropod frenzy.

6. Ujelly

How would you go about buffing them even? I'm not sure a few spells getting buffed I'd going to help. So far the weaknesses I'm seeing in spiders is suvivabilty and lack of range. What do you guys think?

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think just a Nora reduction could help. Mass web at 30 Nora would be spammable and good champ control.

25nora arthropod frenzy would be a little better.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Been having some success with Mindslicer Obelisk, and a Breath of Ash if necessary, 1x Arthropod Frenzy as a power turn. 2x Mindslicer Boomerang to deal with single targets. I think Arthropod Frenzy is in a good place atm. Mass Web could be better.

9. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Honestly I hate Arthropod Frenzy. It's never done anything for me. Survivability has never been a problem for me. Arguing that a UD deck has a lack of range is kind of odd. We have ALOT of anti-ranged tech. If you run those runes I've found that it isn't so much of a problem and you should be able to rush their ranged units with spiderlings anyways.

I think that a really important step in making spiders better is to un-nerf Phase Spider and possibly make Void Spider better at tanking. With those combined with the amount of tankiness we can pull out of Flameweb Spider and Demonweb Spider as well as the Frightful Blows on Soulcrawler I think that that should be enough to get Spiders by.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  10. Ujelly

How do you like flame Web?s seemed kinda bland to me I guess he's got 3 armor why do you think he's so tanky? Doesn't have tough or anything. Do you run him cheap or full upgrades?

11. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

So I just can't stay away from spiders. I put this together and I'm actually staying in the top 10 with it. I just beat tiny with this somehow. Give it a shot.

[​IMG]

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ew Cinderpedes

I run them in my Fire Spider Split, but dear god, why in FF with 5 spd?

I'm also a fan of double Weaver. People always tell me 1x is enough. I always ask if they run just 1x DEP....

13. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

Cinderpede is a monster, an amazing tank and amazing ranged that can easily switch between the two. He was my favourite(next to phase) pre spd nerf but I've found with map balancing it isnt so bad.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I haven't used him since the map re-balance has started. I think I should probably try them again.

15. Ujelly

Cinderpede? He works for you I can't get him to work lol. How do you spend upgrades on hell tick? Also no demons shield or breath of ash. Seems like range might pound you out?

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

From the looks of his bg, Ideally they are too busy dealign with all the spiderlings to attack him effectively. Demonbarb, and Weavers for positioning. Honestly Agirgis, and I ran something very similar to this a year or so back, and we did fine. Key is to be aggressive, and rely on the spider-lings to apply external pressure.

As for the Hell Ticks. I ran Absorb, and Leap 3 to deal with range issues. Been running Life Siphon, and Leap 1 recently. I have just been having him take as much abuse as he can before being taken down. They are some tough little guys.

17. Authyrtyr

That is the key to this theme I think. Don't worry about the survivability of your normal champs, they just need to live long enough for you to start applying pressure with spiderlings from PtN. If you can keep that up long enough without walking into too many AoEs then you should win eventually. Maybe throw some Broodmothers and a Kl'zik in the middle somewhere for good measure.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Ujelly

Ugg I'm giving them a break for now..... just went 0 for 5 and non of them were even close

19. Authyrtyr

Ouch. Let's all keep an eye out for that fabled phase spider buff

20. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

I would love to see them getting more power on each rune then buffing ONE exo and saying "done!".

Sincerely