Anyone here like Re:Zero?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by free20play, Aug 7, 2016.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Its been quite a long time since I last posted here.
    Anyways what do yall think of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu?
    I think its probably one of the best serious anime's we've had in a long while.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. Zorack

Zorack I need me some PIE!

I watched some of it, then it got cringey, so I stopped watching it.

3. free20play

How far along were you? I know Subaru's pretty autistic early on, but post whale arc he mans up.

4. Zorack

Been a while so I don't exactly remember which episode, but it was around half way the entire season. I think the main guy does some stupid Bane Shift like challenge a knight to a fight or something, which was completely unnecessary, gets his ass beat, and then gets shot down by the girl he was trying to 'defend'. I mean that wasn't the only thing, there were elements of his personality that sorta irked me throughout the entire thing, but I guess that was the final straw that made me stop watching. I don't really think the problem was that he didn't man up; in fact, he probably had too much balls, to the point where they've replaced his brain. The guy was basically a white knight personified into anime.

5. free20play

Yeah Subaru basically thinks he's the main character of the story when he's not.(actual main character is Reinhard)
    There's some fan theories as to why Subaru's so obsessed with Emilia. Some of them are The Witch Satella influencing Subaru.
    Subaru having some personality disorders or maybe the mental damage from all the previous deaths.
    I personally think his behaviour is kinda fishy but can't say what it is.
    But yeah early on he is a rather cringey.
    In the ln/web novel they give us some more world building/background information.
    Author tells us about Subaru's past,Emilia's past,everyone elses past giving us decent explanations to some things but not all.
    There are people who think this show is going to be another generic/harem/moe anime. Trust me nobody is safe in Re:Zero. The author is a confirmed sadist.
    Several of the characters you've seen in the anime will get hit hard.
    Right now on the web novel/light novel side there's a good chance the next character to be shafted will end up being Beatrice/Beako.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  6. free20play

Because its good. ( One of the highest rated anime currently )
    Story is being faithfully adapted. The Director loves Re:Zero alot alot.(I really mean it)
    Even contacts the story author and has him working alongside with the studio.
    So far they the only things they've skipped were Al also being from earth.(which will probably get told later on)
    Some unimportant fan service scene from Ferris(catboy trap).(thank god for that)
    Animation is pretty high quality and consistent.(no Evangelion where they spend a huge amount of their budget at some points and less on others)
    No unnecessary CGI, Soundtrack isn't apparent much but matches well with the show during the important scenes.
    And most of all. Its the last decent anime we've gotten in a long while.
    In a sea of mediocrity,Its not hard to stand out when your actually trying.
    So hopefuly the show keeps doing a good job.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. Zorack

You enjoy watching a social failure interjected into a fantasy setting flail around hopelessly.

Though, to be honest, I think the sound and art is top notch. Probably worth giving it a try for that alone, at least in my opinion. I don't think the story is necessarily that bad, though it can be pretty hard to watch sometimes so there are moments where you just want to grab the main character by the cuff around his scrawny neck and tell him to get his Bane Shift together. Guess it sorta depends on your taste, the anime is pretty dark and psychological, though there still is some of your typical anime shenanigans, like from what I remember there was a trap later on. I'll probably binge watch the rest when it finishes airing so I can delegate all my cringe into a weekend.

tl;dr you should watch it because trap.