Black Lives Matter are defending murderers and drug dealers.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Heart, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Let me begin with saying, that I am a Saint Louis resident. Ferguson is only 20 minutes away from me. I live in the thick and the thin of the Black Lives movement. I see it everyday, I remember the protests and riots only a year ago happening just down the road from my home. Many people do not live in the community that I live in, around the types of people I live around. They don't understand. When they see something like black lives matter, they assume it's strictly a puritan movement seeking justice for wrongdoing.

I will tell you right now, from first hand experience that it is not. Yes, there are members who promote good ideas, and who are really struggling for a better tomorrow. Yet they are drowned out unfortunately by the unthinking majority. There is a large, (VERY LARGE) criminal population in the United States, and parts of that population, are using the Black Lives Matter movement as a way to protect themselves from justice. I'm talking of course about the gang culture, and the drug culture, who target themselves for reconciliation for their actions. But now, any gangbanging thug can raise their arms up and shout POLICE BRUTALITY while they resist arrest. I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

Criminals sacrifice the certainty of their innocence when they are suspected of a crime. They are clearly given their Miranda rights "You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to have counsel present. If you cannot afford counsel, you will be provided one by the government. Anything you say can be used against you in court."

It is my fear that a new-wave of neo-liberalism is being incited as political correctness by influence from our colleges, media, and politics. There is a certain line that must be drawn when liberalism is just as destructive as bigotry. People are afraid to "be racist" or "be insensitive". There is a social stigma now against saying what you whole-hardheartedly believe because it may offend somebody. I believe this gets in the way of progress.

Allow me to finish with a video from Former President Bill Clinton. Which inspired me to rant here.

I'd love to hear all of your opinions on this? Do you agree? Do you think I'm wrong? Please let me know, I'm looking for a conversation, and perhaps a chance to say things that many are scared to say.

*EDIT*

Here is an interesting video seeing first hand the double standard "social justice" that is being acted out.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    DarkJello and newsbuff like this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I thought most cop cars had dashboard cameras in them these days to prevent stuff like this from happening. Last I heard, there was even talk of putting cameras inside every officer's badge (the one they wear on their shirt) as well. Is that not the case, or have I been misinformed?

Yes yes, I know footage can be doctored, misinterpreted, or otherwise rendered invalid, but people should expect criminals to try and game the system like this. They're criminals, that's what they do.

Tbh it's just like humans to ruin a good thing by looking for the most self-advantageous loopholes. When I get through with my post-secondary education, I'm seriously considering moving to Denmark (lowest crime rate, cleanest air, friendliest people, progress-oriented, and just liberal enough without overdoing it).

DarkJello likes this.
  3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Less than 10% of the entire movement is legitimately seeking changes for police brutality. The rest of the movement consists of 1. people who don't know what the hell is going on, but their friends are doing it, 2. Criminals looking for something to distract the authorities while they do whatever they want, 3. Communist sympathizers who hand out pamphlets and pretend like they care but only care about their own agenda(creating chaos to destabilize the country). #NO LIVES MATTER (guys lets loot, burn, and disrupt the presidential election!) Here is a video that describes my feelings about this movement.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    super71, newsbuff and DarkJello like this.
  4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

10%?

I'd love to see the data on that

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I guess shooting people is the only option.

sorry about that.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Anyway my penny here

I don't think BLM is bad conceptually. There are valid reasons for that movement to exist, whether I agree with their tactics or not. It's a shame however that a portion of those people (however big that portion may be, I feel that some are vastly overestimating the size of the loud & scummy guys but whatever) is ruining/ruined the reputation and discredited a movement that I feel SHOULD exist right now. It doesn't help make the case that the level of racism black people face is underestimated or negated by a part of the US, because those people look at the scum and feel reassured in their biases.

Is there a solution? Yeah, you put all the twats that break the law behind bars and let those with a clean agenda do their thing. I'm not fully informed on what they do, protests and manifestations I read about.

About the alleged communists who hand out BLM pamphlets in order to sow choas and overthrow the govt, that's irrelevant (because they have a different end goal, they shouldnt be taking the same actions? I mean a legit BLM guy and a communist who's super evil who both hand out pamphlets are doing the exact same legal thing). Also, the US is all about that freedom life, surely that communist is within free speech rights.

Tldr conceptually BLM legit, scum is always gonna be scum, justice those fools

Tweek516, Ohmin, Heart and 1 other person like this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Did you watch the video? Bernie Sanders payed for a private rally and these fools are disrupting it even after he said he would give them time to speak. The movement is composed of idiots who want attention disguising it with the idea they care about changing police brutality. Funny thing is Bernie Sanders supports the movement and they still treat him like crap. Protest should be civil not disrupting ppl who support them, blocking roads, and using the movement as an excuse to steal and loot. The movement is legitimately corrupt.

super71, DarkJello, Ohmin and 4 others like this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Somehow black people are convinced that Sanders is against them, cough hilary cough

The guy who ran with MLK, a racist. Yeah, that's it.

Ohmin, Geressen and Heart like this.
  10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I estimate maybe .5% of all police confrontations involve police brutality. The .5% of police brutality that exist is being used by these idiots and criminals to justify this movement. You want to see an example of reality and what really goes on in these communities. Here guys have a taste. Cauterize your bleeding hearts.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Maybe, who knows. All of this is made up numbers and thin air though. This is a random example. I didn't even watch the video after the sad music played the first few seconds. If someone has some actual numbers on stuff, that'd be nice. I'm too lazy, as per usual, to go into in depth research. I could link a BLM member saving a white guys life and claim they're all good guys. Don't really prove anything nor disproves anything. As I said, the apple is part rotten. Cut the rotten parts out.

Also, wage a war on poverty in these problem areas, instead of a war on drugs where blacks are arrested 4x as much for smoking pot compared to whites, while studies show that blacks and whites smoke a near equal amount of weed. Poverty breeds criminals. Breeds poor choices and mistakes. Unless that's communist though, you could just keep filling the prisons with blacks and hope the problem will sort out itself. I heard that works when you treat the symptom over the disease.

1. Decriminalize pot and reap those $$ and spend those on welfare.
    2. ...
    3. Profit?
    4. Vote me for President 2020 instead of Kanye

I still feel like saying the whole movement is corrupt because of X% of ******** isn't fair. There's some gray in the black and white.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think that is the wrong video profhulk that or you don't quite understand the issue.

or you are trying to pull a "Black people have it coming just look at this one who is a violent robber." which I guess is also possible.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I never said black people had it coming by stating that you put out false claims I never made. I am supporting the idea that Heart began the thread with. " Black Lives Matter defends criminal and drug dealers". My video is just another example of violence that the movement is defending. In the process of these rallies criminals use the confusion to loot, steal, and beat people up. Overall the movement is a failure, and its misguided. What is sad is a lot of these "innocent victims" are criminals who robbed someone or invaded homes and were killed for breaking the law. Listen to this girl defend the kid who robbed and assaulted this woman and was shot. What angers me the most is that if this woman would have been killed by this kid no one would have cared and it probably would not be on the news(#REAL LIFE LIBERAL MEDIA PROBLEMS). Cut the bullshit and use logic.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

a lot of people shot are bad, and some bad people hide behind the people protesting a problem, the problem being that innocents of a certain group are shot more.

so shooting innocents of a certain race or group is acceptable sacrifice?I don't think that is how it should work. but yeah a lot of the people in that movement are morons and they are needlessly disruptive. but they still have a point.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Statistically this hasn't actually been shown to be the case. The statistics that groups like BLM use showing a large number of black people being shot (relative to population) has not distinguished between "good" shootings and "bad" shootings, between guilty and innocent victims of police gunfire.

Given the higher (at least historically) incidence of violent crime by Black people (again, relative to population), it seems likely that would be the cause of the higher incidence of police shootings. In fact, by ratio of crime committed, the numbers could potentially indicate that more innocent White and other ethnicity are hit with police bullets, but this presumes that the ratio of innocent to guilty victims is roughly equal (which again hasn't been shown at all, so it's not a safe presumption).

On the whole, I think that there are many good and well-meaning BLM activists. I also think there are many very angry ones that let their emotions get the better of them. And I also think that there are those manipulating others to achieve their own personal and political goals even if it is not in the best interests of the public or even BLM activists in general.

17. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

your posts are always remarkably even-keeled and reasonable

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think the whole BLM thing is stupid.

The other day a video started trending about a Black girl beating up a white girl for saying "*****". Black people, at least in America, use the word ***** so often I don't understand why it's bad for white people to use it. I actually commented about how ***** is just a word and I was attacked by a handful of black people. They said, so if it's just a word you think you not gonna get hit for saying it to a black *****? I replied with "You literally just said the word, why can't I?" and they said "Because you aint black ***** shut up". If Black people want to progress and be treated fairly, they shouldn't use the word ***** if it's such a bad word when other people use it. Also, it's kind of ridiculous the Bane Shift black people say to white people. I've seen a lot of black people just constantly degrade, make fun of white people, but the second a white person does it to a black person, the white person is racist.

Firk the double standards that black people are creating.

The ***** is n*gga

19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I remember this video, it will make any decent human being seethe with rage. This is just blatant, dogmatic anti-white racism and hatred.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Indeed he does, and since I don't know where to find statistics about shootings in the US anyway I have to agree with him unless someone else comes up with evidence to support a diffirent argument.