Boon's Eve campaign on Legendary

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Gaedel, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I tried the Boon's Eve campaign on Legendary and could really use some advice on how to beat it. My brain doesn't work as well as it used to. I'm still on the first stage, and I'm sure I'll need help for stages 2 and 3 as well. Battlegroup advice as well as tactics would be most appreciated.

2. Bronouns

Bronouns New Member

Same boat here, been searching for a guide.

Any help would be great!

3. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Yeah I've been getting over-run by skeletons every time. I tried using some swarm units and it worked well, I'll be checking in on that more and see if it works.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Try Battle Leader units for the first level or the dude with Cataclysm equiped with the equip that gives Abuse Charged 3. Let hom tank the skeles and clear them with Cataclysm.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Can you use circus decks, or is it alignment-restricted? 'cause if you can use a circus deck, just design some ludicrously overpowered combo that requires runes from 3+ factions (which is much easier to do than it sounds).

6. Klaud

Klaud The King of Potatoes

Have you considered fighting skeletons with skeletons? I ran a Skeleton BG with 2 Blackblade Baron's with Cloak of Skulls. I really love it, it's cleared everything on legendary thus far. They spawn skeletons whenever they get hit, and they spawn skeletons whenever they kill a skeleton. You will fill the map with skeletons and beat the skeletons with your skeletons. Tormented Priests +5 hp Skeleton Boost, Elsarin Vex's 5 hp boost & Bone Altars +4 hp and +1 damage per skeleton sacrificed boost will see you a long way. https://poxbase.com/deck/CxHcx9C8kcpbc3qC2fc4WCzJc6yC4bc6wS6Zs56Swsnr2hr3=rTrmr1E2Beq

Edit: If it makes you feel any better, the last 2 bits are much easier than the first one!

DonK101st and davre like this.
  7. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

FF SL is what I used.

2 locusts to start your own locust army. Angel of war to heal and ramp up the damage on all your units. bloodthirsty blade to make sure key units are safer (it does not avoid soul strike, but you won't get insta killed) fe angel and the exorcist. Quicken, Quickenings, banner. The doctor for heals and mutate the exorcist. Vindrax, akakios are tanky and have aoe attacks. Rioters and Kanen howlers for extra swarms.
    You need to keep the enemy boss busy with swarms or pin him against a wall and avoid his reach.

I used this on all 3 engagements. If you put a blade on the exorcist, make sure you get a kill or take magnetize/reforge with you.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Another nice bonus with SL is that you can pack Purge, which (unless they fixed it) can remove the shrine's invulnerability.

9. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Yeah swarms are a good way to deal with it.

10. Bronouns

Bronouns New Member

Can the Exorcist die?

11. Klaud

Klaud The King of Potatoes

Yeeees, super easily. Make sure to use the self heal and cleanse as often as you can, if you don't have heals available in your BG. If he dies it's game over.

12. Scathex

Scathex Member

Here is the deck I used to beat stage one of the Boon's Eve campaign on legendary. I got it on the first try with this deck with relative ease. I'll type it out cause poxbase seems to be down atm. I can confirm that decks with more than two factions are allowed.
    16 Champions:
    2 Blizzard Elemental
    2 Deep Leviathan
    2 Fire Elemental
    2 Jakei Frostseer
    2 Lavaflow Devourer
    1 Nefari Dragon
    2 Nefari Fireslinger
    2 Snare Fairy
    1 Warogg

8 Spells:
    2 Clairvoyance
    2 Fire Blast
    1 Maddening Echoes
    2 Masochism
    1 Retribution

6 Equipment:
    2 Burning Oak Seed
    2 Mail of Barbs
    2 Molten Cloak

The strategy is pretty simple. get out a snowstrike unit to prevent the boss from getting off any attacks. then get a deep leviathan equipped with a mail of barbs in to tank a few of the skeletons. right before setting off a cataclysm and wiping out the skeletons, make sure to equip exorcist and your snowstrikers with immunity fire gear. masochism may keep your deep leviathan alive long enough to set off two cataclysms.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  13. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Used FF FS. generate Nora >infuse mindbreaker >use assassinate 2 on the boss champ = done xd

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Use sacrifice on the exorcist (sacrifice doesn't trigger on death effects. aka boss) Superiority to kill all the summons. deep leviathans for the broken bones in the first campaign. Stack Nora gen+assasin champ and infuse for bosses. Use the revealing relic in ST for fast draws. use the KF spell that pacifies everything to buy time against the OHKO bosses. (if you get really desperate use regulate to make them weak) use chronomancer to make faster cooldowns for spells. Easy

15. M4DD4WG

M4DD4WG Well-Known Member

Any advice for the 3rd part of this campaign?

16. themacca

Bring Pacify stuff for when the blood owl joins in. Superiority or bad blood for the birds, the bosses are NOT elite so bring soul strike units to kill them in 4 hits.

17. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Deck didnt work thanx anyhow.I don't understand why I gotta pay for this and have to beat the game on legendary just to get what I paid for in the first place this is just a headache I don't need.Not buying these anymore not worth the trouble.They should give a tutorial on this if their gonna charge me ,force me to beat it on legendary to get the stupid card I paid for with real cash to get.Last time I pay for these only a select few people can beat this.Waste of 5 bucks.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  18. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

Heya Klaud, did you run the skeleton deck through all 3 encounters? I've only beaten it on normal and did that with a bunch of IF ranged guys. parts 2 and 3 were much easier than the opening encounter, I agree! I lost to the opener like 6+ times before finally beating it, won 2 & 3 the first go around. I think I'll try your deck and increase the difficulty today...

EDIT: Or maybe not! Looks like a fun deck, but would cost me a mint to put together.

It looks like I'm going to have to figure out a IS deck because that is far and away my strongest faction.

Any advice for beating this on legendary with IS?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  19. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

I got to very last boss with some modifications to Scathex deck but that boss just 1 hits everyone and calls it a day pretty lame.Honestly should make a tutorial for these if your gonna charge people and make them beat it on legendary to get the limited card.

20. themacca

Make a tutorial? These campaigns are puzzles

SPiEkY likes this.