Boost Update Preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Updated OP. Boost will be +5 and Defender will be +2.

hfok, Gorebucket, chickenpox2 and 2 others like this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i know they won't be changes but will other boost be recosted like ally: x ,loyalty/regal presence etc. to adjust to the boost price ?

3. Sokolov

They should be able to, yes.

4. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Just worried that boost skeleton suddenly becomes boost: everything in FW beside witches.

5. Sokolov

Boost: Skeleton will remain, but I think even with Boost on an Undead it's really not that huge a deal since it's not what it used to be.

Either way, this also further pushes the idea that we need to remove Undead from races (which I am trying to get us to the point of being able to do so by changing runes away from Undead clauses).

Sirius likes this.
  6. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Undead needs to be some sort of supertype (a la "Legendary" from M:tG).

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Which also benefits st probably the most because now they can always have a global +20 hp, boost didn't need to be changed at all. They just ****ed with another thing that wasn't that abuseable and now they crippled about half the themes in the game. The boost abilities that existed before required proper positioning and a bit of a tactical mind. Now champs with boost are basically just walking banners, was hoping they would come up with something interesting this is just poor design.

8. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

So instead of many different boost, we still end up with 5 version of different boost.
    Boost
    Boost: Construct
    Boost: Weak
    Boost: Skeleton
    Boost: Beast

I hope this is all tho.

9. super71

Boost:
    Boost: weak

Almost the same exact thing why was foment removed whyyyyyyyyyy.

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yes, but all those are essentially the same ability. It's much easier for a player to look at one of them, then understand what they all do.

There could be any number of additional boost abilities released -- boost: giant, boost: bard, boost: frond -- and it would add very little to complexity creep because once you understand how boost works then the rest is obvious.

It's about creating an intuitive game where you don't have to memorize every ability, or even read it's text, to understand how it works.

11. super71

They could have just made a boost race: Champions with the same race as this champion have +5 hp and +2 damage +1 defense

Same ability for every champ with boost all you have to do is hover over the champion to see it's race. The problem that was confusing everyone was when they made 3 ranks of boost which made everything complicated. If you think about it most boost themes they have a unit with boost in the theme already, except constructs but they could have just changed one of them to have it in the upgrade line.

If they wanted to make the game simpler they would start looking at things like nora gem i still don't know what the Firk is happening when i play against a crystal bg.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015