Death carrionlings, surge worm,swarm,disease aura ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jun 20, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why do these summons need to have all of those, I understand the need for the summons to be decent but their are now a couple different ways to summon these things, surge is very easy to get going within this theme and it's been made much stronger by creeping postule. We also decided to make many worms in sp, which was a good idea for cross synergy but also opens the door for potential abuse.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Because that's how they are designed. They have already been nerfed since I came back and I think they are fine now.

Gnomes likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Now, if you can concretely explain why it is a problem that this deck can do stuff relative to other decks, then it'd be more useful feedback.

Are worms beating all other top decks? Are they getting far more out of X or Y ability than the cost of the ability?

Because listing advantages/strengths/features of a deck/rune is not super useful - everything does SOMETHING.

Netherzen and Gnomes like this.
  4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

They have strong abilities, yeah, but the drawback is their abysmal hp and speed.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aura, Eater, Surge, and Swarm are all base.

6. super71

They are getting a lot out of surge with the introduction of the new fw relic that spawns one every time they get hit for 5 damage. They are getting their money's worth from disease aura ten fold, they are easirr to spam now, they can hit for quite a bit of damage once you have some out. They can be equipped with things like bone circle staff increasing hp further. A couple of them with the fw spell that grants execution can wipe a few champs out.

Summons should have maybe one other ability and a basic attack and varying hp, defense and hp based on the theme they are in. I'd be fine with the carrionlings having a bit more hp and disease aura, them having auras and surge is silly.

Example- young pile driver should have either multi or fury, certainly not both and should have hp and defense with boosts and tinkerer abilities in mind.

Before anyone says did I just lose to it, no I won that game shortly after my lovely opponent dced. However if my opponent has played the game a bit longer and was a tad better they would have steam rolled me with all that bullshit.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So you're saying they're pretty good? I really don't understand any more nuanced argument here than that -- please clarify.

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I don't mind those little buggers too much, honestly. The thing is Surge: X in themes with many, many, many, little summons can be problematic (i.e. Surge: Worm and Surge: Arthropod). Ranged Surge can also sometimes be terrifying (as in Eye of Serkan).

9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Just to note, the Creeping Pustule relic gives a global condition that prevents use of the effect more than twice per turn, from all sources. So even if you have 2 of the relics out you'll only get 2 Carrionlings per turn, not 2 from each relic.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Where are you getting the summoned non-Death Carrionlings from?

11. super71

Problem is you can spam them much easier now, and with surge it just makes every little carrionling dangerous. I'd honestly rather see them with more speed or something to just be annoying like they are supposed to be.

5 speed and like 8 damage and no surge with aura would be perfectly fine. I don't like the potential for summons to get tons of damage buffs. Not to mention most of these little summons award you for either, losing a champ or getting damage dealt to you.

12. Sokolov

I like that they play differently than other summons, instead of being the same. The fact that they can get some DMG, but have low SPD and survivability makes them function quite distinctly than other forms of summon.

Eye of Serkan ranged-Surged might be changed up, but that's kind of a different issue.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why do you not like these things and want to see them changed? It would help other people understand your feelings if you explained them a little more.

14. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Carriolings are hard countered by swarm/deconstruct and disbelief(and to lesser extend other anti summon abilities).

mortal ix likes this.
  15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

If you are losing to people that do this, the problem might not be your opponents' OP runes.

mortal ix likes this.
  16. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Probably boils down to what most nerf calls boils down to.. It forces him to play differently and he doesn't want that