Derifos, Dune Walker

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by fattyy2k, May 4, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Derifos.jpg

Rune Name: Derifos, Dunewalker
    Faction: Sundered Lands
    Race: Draksar
    , Class: Ranger/Shaman, Size: 1x1, Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork
    : Very much a dune walker, but I see him standing in the midst of a sand cloud with a long spear in one hand and holding his other hand up as if holding a ball. In his hand swirls sand from around him looking as if the storm is gathering to him or from him.
    Flavor-Text: The sands of Valdec bend to my will. The time has come to show the strength of the desert legions.
    Nora Cost:

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    11, SPD: 7, RNG: 1-2 DEF: 1, HP: 50

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Hero
    Desert Legion
    : Friendly units in 5 spaces gain Domain Sand. If the unit already has Domain Sand, it gains Desert Camouflage instead. This unit gains +1 dmg, for every friendly unit occupying sand.

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    3:Ability #1 Hidden: Sand
    5:Ability #2 Desert Master (starting)
    5:Ability #3 Regen (2)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    10:Ability #1 Preparation
    10:Ability #2 Cast: Sand Spout (starting)
    10:Ability #3 Gift: Dunewalker's Mantle

All costs have been calculated via the Pox Points Rune Maker.

Questions to Answer:
    (Note: I am taking ideas and editing the thread based on them :D)

A rune I have always wanted for the Sand theme. Years later and Boom! We have a real theme. This is a character I would love to have represented and I think he fits a very cool spot.

No matter what, this Desert Legion ability would make him a good "phalanx" style buff while also keeping him threatening.

His upgrade options give you a choice between a variety of playstyles and uses. Line one gives you the options between defense with regen and hidden while desert master will help grant more damage and defense.

Line 2 he has a damaging ability with preparation giving him psuedo range, his cast gives him a unique sand gen option, and Gift allows him to either buff something better or to bring in out of theme champs.

I didn't want to give him any normal sand gen that is used elsewhere in theme. I gave sand veil as it seemed really thematic, and it doesn't stick around long. He doesn't have the same role as a normal Dunewalker since he cannot give tunnel or trail. He doesn't have Sandstriker either, so he doesn't push those champs out.

Overall, I think this is a cool varient of the idea. Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    Alakhami, Ifem21, Heart and 1 other person like this.
  2. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

darklord48 likes this.
  3. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I made a sand bg but it needs a little something to make at tier one. This guy would sure help :)

4. fattyy2k

Any suggestions for improvement on the concept, abilities or stats?

5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

No good ideas that wouldnt make him like 100 nora

SaintKiwi and Leadrz like this.
  6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Remove anything that makes him generate sand by himself.
    Makes him too self synergetic.​

7. fattyy2k

What about the three levels of tunnel: sand for path one instead? Or how about this:
    1. Evasive
    2. reposte
    3. Tunnel sand 3

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

The idea is good, but it needs stream lining.

Already has scrapper, you might need to make it more basic, regen in a faction that gets regen free is sort of a let down for Nora, make it 45-50 hp.

Desert master to upgrade line 2 where scrapper is.
    Scrapper to UL1 with evasive and tunnel sand?

(Just spitballing, feel free to change it up)
    It's your peers who think while it'd be neat it would cost too much.

Consider the possible attack buff, DoT and stats it has, alter slightly in bias towards the buffs it can provide itself.

9. fattyy2k

What do you think of the changes I made. Good? Bad? Runnable champ? Godlike champ? Trash champ? What would make him really cool/good but not broken. Any other ideas?

10. fattyy2k

Maybe tunnel sand 3 on U1 instead of hidden... Hmmm

11. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

i propose a new cool ability but i suspect it will be broken, but it just sounds so cool in my head.

Desert Journey CD:4 ap:5

This champion and three adjacent friendly champions are tunneled to target 2x2 sand terrain within 7 spaces. All champions gain Surprise attack after relocation.

Surprise attack - gain +2 Damage for their next attack.

12. fattyy2k

cool in theory, but would take a massive amount of set up

13. gamengamenut

yeah haha i thought so,

but think about it, it's a mass relocate, awesome for initiating a fight from the font deployment zone and like imagine this with quickening cast. power turn op haha

could be done with less than 3 adjacent also so..

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Why melee.. jesus why make him melee on the sand theme. If derifos comes out and is a melee draksar that competes with another sand champ spot i will delete my accounts.

Mystical Commander of the Desert Legion called the Sandstalkers. Lets make something odd and weird for SL for a change..

The rules i would choose to make him would be:
    1)No sand generation. It's the rune that is supposed to work on the sand theme already, if you give him a "great sand generation ability" then any other sandgen on all the other champs become sandbags(lol)
    2)To not be a melee champ. Jesus we have too many on SL.
    3)The role to not be a damage dealer. So no basic attack. (work with spray and burnningspout for pseudo attacks and make up new abilities for him).
    4)No TUNNEL SAND FFS. Even if it's usefull, its LAME and we have dunewalkers for that.
    5)No commander or Boost abilities. Lets try to move away from stat stacking.

Derifos
    Atk: 10, Def: 2, Spd: 6, Rng: 1, HP: 50
    -no basic attack
    -Hero
    -Desert Gift
    -Imbue Sands (Think of imbue stun but something for the sand theme like change basic attack type+ sandblasted+Blind/Distracted)
    -Quicksand (CC and maybe damage).
    U1: Desert Camouflage, Sandspout(spell effect on self, CD5), ?
    U2: Burning Sandsput, Sand Spray, ?

15. gamengamenut

Derifos
    Atk: 10, Def: 2, Spd: 6, Rng: 1, HP: 50
    Hero
    Derifos' Will - All Friendly Champions within 8(?) spaces gain Desert Camouflage and Sundered Exploit.

Quicksand - AOE 3; CD:4 AP: 4
    Champions within 3 spaces of target area take 12 Physical damage and become inexperienced. If affected area is sand, it becomes quicksand for 4 turns.(impeding 1 and opposing champions are pulled 1 space to the center at the end of each turn). If not, the affected area becomes sand.

U1: Desert Camouflage, Sandspout(spell effect on self, CD5), ?
    U2: Burning Sandsput, Sand Spray, ?

2 Cents

Heart, fattyy2k and Kampel like this.
  16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I like what you did with "Derifos will" and "quicksand"

fattyy2k likes this.
  17. gamengamenut

haha thanks! But two new abilities on a guy might be abit too much for the Coding segment.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I dislike Veil ability with a passion. Sandveil is no different. Desert Master seems like it should be on base. I like the Ranger/Shaman direction that you have going. I'm assuming Desert Legion procs on himself as well.

19. fattyy2k

I really like the idea of granting desert camo. Exploit would also give him use in a Draksar ap denial deck. Really good job on thinking that up.

Quicksands damage is prob too high, but I like it otherwise.

20. gamengamenut

for the damage i was going along the lines of tidalwave, lavastorm and rockslide, considering those abilities are premier terrian abilities