Derifos, Dune Walker

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by fattyy2k, May 4, 2015.

1. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Not sure how I feel about that. I like the idea of desert camo on all in sand. Not the aquatic-like ability though.

2. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Desert dweller: This champion has Aquaphobe . While occupying Sand, this champion gets Desert Camouflage and +1dmg. When moving to a location which is at least half water it loses 2 hp per space moved and has -1 spd. At the Beginning of your turn, if this champion is occupying water it gains lumbering.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Redid the wording. No need for Desert Dweller to state what Aquaphobe does as popups do that for us. Tweaked Aquaphobe's effect slightly.

Desert Dweller: This unit has Aquaphobe. While this unit is occupying Sand, it has +1 Dmg, and Desert Camoflauge.

Aquaphobe: If this unit is occupying Water at the beginning of your turn. It gains -1 Spd, and Lumbering for 2 turns.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    gamengamenut likes this.
  4. gamengamenut

LOOKS GOOD :)

the reduction to hp doesnt make sense just realized haha

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You were probably trying to play it off as an anti aquatic ability, but the effect was just unnecessary imo.

6. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

What do you think of the changes? The increased range, new abilities, addition of Cast: Sandspout, Thoughts?

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'd have to relook at him in depth. I like that he's ranged. The theme needs it. However right off the bat I can tell you I dislike him being a Legendary. Legendary Heroes bother me. Don't know why. I think it's just a consistency issue.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  8. fattyy2k

on discord now if you wanna talk about it

9. fattyy2k

And I wanted him Legendary due to the power level I wanted to give him. That is the only reason

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Rarity has nothing to do with power. I would talk with you on Discord, but I'm watching funny vids on youtube with a mate. You can join us if you want?

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I think we can run with this. However I'd like it to be the reverse of Shimmering Wings. Perhaps something like Empower. Where it sets his range to 1. Maybe a unique Empower ability that sets his range to 1 and is named Strength of the Sands or something.

Strength of the Sands, Desert Strength. Whatever?

This champion gains Magical Aura 3, Regeneration 3, Scale Armor, and his it's range set to 1 for 6 turns. The duration, and cooldown of this effect is decreased by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.

Took Empower, Edited in the range decrease, and had it decrease cooldown when attack as well.

12. gamengamenut

looks exactly like empower, might want to give him more interaction with the sand terrain

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That was basically my intentions with it. I mean he already has 2 unique abilities. Do we really need a third?

14. gamengamenut

OH, you were adding on to the current one.....thought you were making a new set of skills haha

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Well, to be fair. I'm kind of fishy on his current kit.

16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I think a couple things in those effects are redundant, gainning Domain: Sand when on sand while Domain only triggers it's effects if on sand.. is redundant. Same with Desert Camo. Same with ignoring impeding terrain while on sand, sand has no impediment.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Already in the process of changing that. Give me a few minutes.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Rune Name: Derifos, Dune Walker
    Faction: Sundered Lands
    Race: Draksar
    , Class: Ranger/Shaman, Size: 1x1, Rarity: Legendary(or Exotic)
    Artwork
    : Very much a dune walker, but I see him standing in the midst of a sand cloud with a long axe/spear in one hand and holding his other hand up as if holding a ball. In his hand swirls sand from around him looking as if the storm is gathering to him or from him.
    Flavor-Text: The sands of Valdec bend to my will. They will make our foes bend to the will of Akakios.
    Nora Cost:
    ?

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    6, SPD: 6, RNG: 4-6 DEF: 1, HP: 42

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Hero
    Desert Legion
    : Friendly units in 5 spaces gain Domain Sand. If the unit already has Domain Sand, it gains Desert Camouflage instead. This unit gains +1 dmg, for every friendly unit occupying sand.
    Strength of Sands: This champion gains Magical Aura 3, Regeneration 3, Scale Armor, and has it's range set to 1 for 6 turns. The duration, and cooldown of this effect is decreased by 1 whenever this champion is successfully attacked.

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Ability #1 Deflect: Sand
    Ability #2 Desert Master (starting)
    Ability #3 Hidden Sand

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Ability #1 Burning Sandspout
    Ability #2 Sundered Exploit
    Ability #3 Spellsurge: Sandstorm

So I changed a few things.

• I lowered his damage to 6 from 11. He is going to gain damage from Desert Legion, Desert Master, and other sources like Battlemaster, Commander ect... We can keep his damage, and his cost by relation that much lower. High damage interacts too well with long range. The way he scales now is similar to D'elim, yet separate.
    • I changed his Defense to 1 from 2, and his HP to 42 from 46. He would effectively be a ranged champ with 6 defense, and 53 hp, a no-no.
    • I changed Desert Commander to Desert Legion, and merged the two abilities. I think Desert Commander's Desert Camouflage effect solves the problem that the old Desert Legion ability had. As mentioned by @mrparpal
    • I removed Shifting Sands ability as it felt like a backwards way to accomplish what the new Desert Legion does now.
    • I added Strength of Sands in it's place. It's basically the Empower ability that sets his range to 1. Useful if he gets rushed, or is being riddled from ranged attacks. (Though, Hidden Sand in his UP1 can solve the Ranged issue to an extent.) I like the fact it's the reverse of Shimmering Wings, and also plays off of his Shaman/Ranger Master of the Desert Theme.
    • I changed his UP 2 by removing (Cast Sandspout, and Sunder) Cast Sandspout seems wrong when we already have so many champs with Sandspray. I removed Sunder, because Ranged Sunder champs are a definitive no-no. Been there, done that. Everybody got pissed.
    • I added Sundered Exploit, and Spellsurge: Sandstorm in their place. SL has many ways to trigger Sundered Exploit, making it a very useful and easy way to boost his damage. Spellsurge: Sandstorm felt right as we're already running 2x Sandstorms because of Manticore for their amazing support potential, and it interacts well with the Rune Art that's been suggested by @fattyy2k It also servers to make him tankier.
    I'd probably run Hidden Sands, and Burning Sandspout. A stealthed ranged champ is very, very good, and the utility from Burning Sandspout will increase his kit. With the changes there will be numerous ways to play him. From a tanky stance changer, to a shady hit, and run attacker.

Tweek516 likes this.
  19. gamengamenut

possibly instead of Magical aura, made it Damage aura(cuz sand). and a cool particle effect would be this whirling sand cloud around him when he activates strength of sand

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like or rather prefer the Magical Aura as it plays off his Shaman aspect. Tho I wouldn't be against Damage Aura as it also plays off his Sand aspect.