Discussion: Preview Ranking Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Displaying ranked 2v2 icons in the same ladder as 1v1 reduces the validation of the competitive game.

JaceDragon, Thbigchief and DarkJello like this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I am also against the "higher rank showing". The 1v1 rank should ALWAYS be dominant.

Thbigchief and DarkJello like this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Maybe an option people can select to show 2v2 ranks instead so 2v2 players can see the opposition or just have them show up while queuing for a 2v2 match.

4. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

It does not reduce anything, as you can see a players 1v1 rating and rank by simply hovering over their name.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yes it does, because it will rank all the scrub 2v2 guys above the 1v1s as it did the last couple of years. Nobody is interested in knowing who's doing well in the 2v2 ladder. Nobody wants to see them high up the list. This game is a competitive 1v1 game, putting 2v2 in the same list in the lobby reduces the validation of the competitive 1v1 game significantly.

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You just don't want me to have a purple name again

jerk

7. Moles

This is your opinion Burn, it is not a fact - and while i'll agree that the 1v1 ladder is more competitive, i've heard from a lot of people in game that they love 2v2 and want that to be focused on more.

The ordering in the lobby is not the be all and end all. This is one of the reasons 2v2 has a different icon and colour.

8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

It should decay Moles. U end up with high ranked 2v2 guys that win 2 games and end up with stupid high exp that active players cant surpass and they dont even play anymore

9. Moles

Rank decay is disabled at the moment, but it could be returned in the future.

10. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Please bring the sexy back

[​IMG]

11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@Flyingfinn

I sees what you dones there. Well played European Gangsta.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You can't possibly claim that undermining the ranked 1v1 ladder in lobby has no effect whatsoever.

League of legends is 5v5. Not 3v3. Everything revolves around 5v5. Every ladder is separated.
    By mixing the 1v1 and 2v2 ladder you take away achievements from 1v1. Because no matter how you put it, being high up the list in the lobby still holds some prestige. If you mix that list with random 2v2 players, most of which are barely exotic leage at best, you completely ruin that achievement. People love their bit of affirmation. Same with how your name in lobby chat becomes more blue the higher you climb limited. It holds some value, maybe not loads, but it matters. Now we're going back to the time of purple spam and scrubs mixed in.

Please make a seperate 2v2 ladder on the right side of the client. Both game modes have their ladder, done deal.

edit: and judging by the likes my posts attract on this subject and the other posts saying the same thing, I doubt it's just 'my opinion'

Pipster and DarkJello like this.
  13. Flyingfinn

And 2v2 games should not affect a players 1v1 ranked game history. It should be in its own section. I know it's a small thing but I find it weird 2v2 games increase your 1v1 w/l percentage

Sealer0 likes this.
  14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

QFT.

I am glad some peeps very much enjoy 2v2. Cool beans. That does not change the reality that 1v1 is the meat and potatoes of Pox. Fact.

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Ranked 2v2 games count under normal wins, not ranked 1v1 wins.o

16. Flyingfinn

Are you sure? They are marked as ranked games in game history

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

They do, they also have their own stats and win ratio if you view via 2v2 ranking. At least that was the case on my alts where I had so few ranked games it's noticeable.

18. Flyingfinn

Am pretty sure the ranked wins/losses you see in you profile is affected by both 1v1 and 2v2. I will test this when I get off work

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

burn if you hate the purple badge so much don't play 2v2
    let the rest of us who like playing 2v2 enjoy it

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please read what I'm actually saying.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.