Discussion: Preview Ranking Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

As long as the game is balanced aound 1v1 and 2v2 gameplay looks so ridiculous, I think Burn has a point. I mean what does a high 2v2 rank even mean? "Congrats on the fact that both of you run Skeletons and Boost: Skeleton"? Real skillful achievement there.

It could be argued that displaying it along with 1v1 ranking takes away from the fact that high 1v1 rank is more suited to showing skill. But that is based on the fact that 1v1 is considered to be how the game "normally" looks like.

You could say that adapting to the 2v2 conditions is a skill. But idk, it's an entirely different way to play the game yet it is slapped on the same 1v1 maps and everything is just doubled. It's really hard for me at least to take it as seriously as 1v1.

My own problem with the mixed display is that it makes it confusing to look exclusively at the 1v1 rankings while in lobby, which are the only rankings I care about.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Maybe so, but it's also everyone else's opinion as well.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Signed.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

6. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

We will not be able to change it for the mid term release now, but if it becomes a problem afterwards, feel free to bring it up again and we can re-evaluate.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What baffles me is who out of your little group of merry meddlers ever thought 2v2 rank icons were a good idea. I mean, really? Are you that out of touch with this customer base?

Signed,

BoggledBaskit

Sepulcher, BurnPyro and Sealer0 like this.
  8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

The only thing I truely hated about 2v2 icons was that they were prioritised over 1v1 icons. I.e If Devils was 1v1 BM and Tiny was 2v2 BM, tiny would be higher in the lobby than Devils.

Sirius likes this.
  9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Just display both ranks. Sort the player list by 1v1 ranking.

1v1 2v2 Name or 1v1 Name 2v2

Sirius likes this.
  10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Sounds like you attended a certain 111th birthday, amirite? (i.e. You must be a hobbit).

On Topic:

1v1 is the sizzling bacon of Pox, while 2v2 is the soggy bread. Some peeps prefer the bread. Most want bacon 24/7/365.

11. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Agree.

2v2 icon sucks. 2v2 is unbalanced more than 1v1. Balance thing in 2v2 could make them crap in 1v1, so i'd prefer see thing playable in 1v1 than not broken in 2v2, why? Because this game is focused in 1v1 pvp.
    Not single player
    Not 2v2
    Deal with it.

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Nobody cares about your 2v2 rank.

Nobody.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Bring it up again and we can re-evalute?

I'm sorry, have you not been reading this thread? Here's what you do:

1. Pull out the good old agenda
    2. Write "seperate ranked ladder in lobby for 1v1 and 2v2" in it
    3. Get on it and get it done

We have had the combined ladder. Clearly from the responses in this thread a vast majority of them didn't like it. So don't treat this as if people don't know what they want yet. We do. We don't want your 2v2 bullshit.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Your feedback has been received and will be considered for future releases. Stop harassing my engineers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.