Dunewalker's Fieldguide to Sand

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by fattyy2k, May 6, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

*OUTDATED*
    I am slowly updating this guide after some time as I re-learn the game after years of absence. Also the game has changed a lot so I will need to make a large overhaul.
    So, you fancy taking a trip into the arid Valdaci Desert do you? Well you have come to the right place for first hand field experience! Listen closely and you will learn all there is to learn about thriving in the dunes. Now take care, others may tell you not to venture into this region of sand. They say it's not a good path to walk and that the ways of the sands are useless. Heed not their downcast tauntings and dismissive tones! Their hides are as soft and delicate as the insolent humans. You come here because your scales are hard, your will is iron, and you shun the ways of the masses for hidden secrets of the desert. Listen and learn to serve Lord Derifos and Lord Akakios! This is the Dunewalkers Guide to the Sands!

Thanks for reading this guide! Before I get started, I want to preface with a few fore-warnings. First, I am most certainly not a high ranking competitive player. In fact I have dubbed myself a "veteran noob" since I have been around for almost all of Poxnora's life but I still am a casual player only getting in a dozen or so games a week. Second, I have loved the sand theme (or sub-theme) for a long time and it is my favorite flavor in Poxnora. I have tried lots of combos with the sands bgs and I am still messing with it to find the best of its secrets.

Now why play sand? Sundered Lands is the faction of tanks. They do damage reduction better than anyone else. The Sand strategies take that resilience, add in a bit of shifty stealth (particularly for ranged defense as you can't attack what you can't see), a lot of AOE damage, and create a very unique and adaptable game style. The deck generally doesn't have massive nuking power but rather it survives through sheer resilience and smart evasion tactics. If you like a rounded strategy with a tanky feel and a bit of stealthy flavor, then this is the BG for you.

As I am re-exploring the theme, I am logging my games and experiences with the deckbuilding and you can follow along Here!

Guide Key:
    SL: Sundered Lands
    BG: Battle Group
    Underlined: Rune Name
    Bold: Ability Name
    Italicized: Effect or Condition

DECK ARCHETYPES

Ok so within the sand BGs are a couple main archetypes.

The first is a Myx/arthropod deck that uses sand as a sub-theme to buff up certain particular Myx. Tier 2 - (8/22/2022) Myx have undergone a couple changes and are acutally a good competitive option. Again, sand is more of a subset, but its still a great choice for a BG.

The second (and my favorite) is a BG focused entirely on producing sand and using it and sand related abilities to your benefit. This is a sand meta or "junk" deck. Since you can pick the best options for each role this is theoretically the strongest option. Tier 1 - (6/21/2023) This has actually proven very powerful and can compete with all top tier decks. The challenge is it is very skill intensive and a bit unforgiving.

A third is sand beasts. This BG focused on buffing the beast racial and taking advantage of the sand utility that many SL beasts have. It isnt as strong as a pure beast focus, often as a split, but it is still fun. Tier ??? (6/21/2023) This is one of the next BGs for me to figure out.

Fourth is a psuedo-stealth BG that uses the numerous Hidden: Sand champs. A bit behind the curve but still fun. Tier 4

Lastly, you have the Draksar Sand. It is very similar to the meta sand but focuses on Draksar. Tier ??? - (8/22/2022) The change to Call to War give this battlegroup a bit more synergy. I am going to try to make a sand focused Draksar BG after I feel satisfied with my Meta Sand.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    Goyo, Qucas, IMAGIRL and 6 others like this.
  2. fattyy2k

RUNES

I will cover each rune which has a sand element to it and rate it as far as viability in a sand based BG. I will also have a extra section of honorable mentions. These are my personal evaluations and you might have your own reservations. I encourage you to discuss and explain your preferences and opinions (maybe it will change mine).

RATINGS:
    1. Never include. Not worth it in a Sand BG although might have merit in a different archetype.
    2. Could be good, but has some things holding it back. Use if you want but there are better current options
    3. Solid include, this rune fits into the realm of preference. If buffed could become more auto include, if nerfed will fall away.
    4. Very good and should be considered. Not autoinclude but when building a deck it should always be considered as an option.
    5. Auto include. This is a rune either too important to the BG or just too good not to include. If you don’t have them it must be for a very good reason.

Dunewalker 3/5
    dunwalker.jpg
    (8/22/22)
    This guy is our iconic champion who has a history of enabling a sand theme. He has Grant: Trail: Sand and Grant: Tunnel(3): Sand which is fantastic. It massively increases the BG's mobility as long as you have some sand placed down (it is also a lot of fun to put the Trail on an enemy) . Also the cost of the tunnel does not go up if engaged so it can be a good way to get a champ out of a sticky situation. Do remember his Grant abilities cost 1 ap, but you can get instant cooldown now due to Ripples when you deploy a champ. His upgrades give you options on how you want to play him. While Sandveil is neat and can be a good ability, it is very limited. You have to have a zone close enough that it matters and the terrain doesn't stay very long but can be a great spot-application of sand. Gaining Spellsurge: Sandstorm is a great option for him if you don’t want to run it on Manticore. Tunnel: Sand is great to have as he won’t need to grant himself the ability. Desert Master is useful, but you aren’t really taking him for a damage dealer so it’s better for the DEF increase. On that note, Sandstriker can give him a nice damage boost if you want and can combo with things like Falmestrike from the Akakios Blade (which also gets a cool down bonus from Ripples). The decent middle ground is Domain: Sand which I prefer due to granting Mobility. Sandfront is great guaranteed sand and is useful if you tend to be reserved with the Dunewaker as it can provide sand for your backline ranged champs. With his updates This has been moved to his base abilities so it makes his useable everywhere with sand. His major downside is his speed and general lack of defensive stats. He used to be SPD 5 but now at 6 he is no longer a liability to drop first. Overall, he is at least a one-of in any sand based BG.
    Deck Synergies: All are viable even if he doesn't fit into theme (Arthropods)

Sandstalker Lord 4.5/5
    sandstalkerlord.jpg
    (8/25/22)
    One of the theme's main beaters/tanks. For a moderate cost we get a guy who has high defense and Regeneration (3) base as well as Desert Master. You can increase his tankiness with Desert Camouflage or you can as to his damage potential and give him Sandstriker making him DMG 17 on sand before Desert Master is factored in. Giving him Hidden: Sand is a little wierd as it also locks in his other upgrade as Sand Veil which is the worst of his sand placing upgrades. The other two, Trail: Sand and Sand Front, give him away. Sand Front is the answer for the frontline tank version as trail sand doesn't benefit Desert Master. He gives the them a nice chunk of damage while also being a very nice tank. He is a threat and defensive enough to survive most of what your opponent can throw at him.
    Deck synergies: All but beasts and Arthropods. He is a very solid champ and is useful in a variety of ways.

Draksar Sandstalker 3/5
    sandstalker.jpg
    (4/12/23)
    This used to be one of our themes main damage dealers as he comes with Sandstriker as a base ability. He is also one of our speed 7 font grabbers. Since he has Hidden: Sand as a base ability, all of his sand placement options are viable. Do not discount his Violent as it can be key to building up damage. Get him attacking near the Sandstalker Lord and damage will build. He will easily be doing 20+ damage before the end of the game if you use him right. His U1 options have Tunnel Trap which gives him a lot of sneaky mobility. Just be aware he will destealth at the end of the turn unless he is on sand. Tunnel would be my second preference to give him more mobility. Regeneration (2) just does provide enough value on such a squishy champion. His U2 is really his anti-range abilities or the option of Ambush. I feel Ambush is the correct choice, but I am mostly undecided on this upgrade line. I will need to play him in a Draksar-centric BG in order to get a better understanding of him. I find him outshined by other options but he isn't a 'bad' choice.
    Deck Synergies: Draksar, Budget, Stealth

Sand Scorpion 2/5
    scorpion.jpg
    (8/25/22)
    GIANT SCORPION!!! This guy is surprisingly durable for a cheap price. Defense 2 and Hidden: Sand make him a bit tricky for the opponent. Give him Domain: Sand for a bit of damage and survivability, Stun for utility, or Sandstriker for pure damage. He is a rune that is budget friendly and gives you plenty of preferential options. His Sting ability is more for the debuff of poison than actual damage so keep that it mind. His major downside is 2x2 size but I am willing to include him despite that. He isn't our best option for a tank so consider others if able. He is the budget option though.
    Deck synergies: Budget, Stealth, Arthropods

Gnomes, Anima26 and ferganleonset like this.
  3. fattyy2k

Skywing Imperator 3.5/5
    imper.jpg

(6/21/23)
    This dragon has changed several times recently. His current version can be run with several options including different AoE attacks. He is a bit pricy in the upper 70's, lower 80's but still provides good value. He generates sand passively and brings options for more AoE damage.
    Deck synergies: Meta, Focused

Sand Elemental 3.5/5
    (6/21/23)
    Another 2x2 tank for the sands. This has a bit more focus on the damage than Sand Scorpion, however, and he costs more. His main defensive feature is Calcify but still he is not as efficient as the other tanks. He has Sandbreach being a 2x2 he can spread sand well. He is more preferential than anything so if you like this guy you can include him. Be aware he is a short ranged tank, making him a good mid-range font contester early.
    Deck synergies: Budget, Focussed, Meta

Skeezick Wylder 4/5
    (6/21/23)
    This skeezick fits in due to his Hidden: Sand ability. What makes him valuable is he is a ranged champ (something sand generally lacks) , he does alt damage (electricity), and he has the ability Imbue: Stun. The utility this guy brings it super awesome adding some useful CC to the theme. He fits very well into both a sand module meta BG or a sand focused BG. He is incredibly affordable with Hidden: Sand and Domain: Shadows.
    Deck synergies: Meta, Focussed, Stealth

Locust 3/5
    (6/21/23)
    This rune is valuable because of Locust Swarm, a great AoE debuff, and his Swarm: Locust ability. Running him with Sandstriker can give him a better chance to do some damage and Swarm enemies, but Hidden: Sand gives him some other utility, helping to keep him safe from enemy attacks. He can take Flying or Leap(3). Leap helps him get into position to do some damage. Be warned with Vulnerability: Fire as you will need to watch out for that common damage type. A solid include to take at least 1x. His biggest downside is his lack of durability.
    Deck synergies: Meta, Stealth, Arthropods

4. fattyy2k

Mantid Tracker 3.5/5
    [​IMG]
    (2/2/16)
    This guy is one of our options for Detection. He has the Hidden: Sand and decent damage for a decent price. What changes his price is your value of Leap. He is a good include. Your Detection choices are between this guy and the Kanen Tracker. This guy has some ranged defense and Declare Target for synergies with the rest of the BG. Solid include.
    Deck Synergies: Meta, Arthropods, Stealth

Kanen Tracker 3.5/5
    [​IMG]
    (2/2/16)
    Our second option for Detection. This guy has 8 speed which is why he is so appealing to me. With his Hidden: Sand and Lay Rock Trap, he has some other utility as well. Between the two options, if you take the Leap (3) on the Mantid Tracker, these guys are pretty much the same cost for very different uses. His Rock Trap is merely a nice thing to have but not necessarily the amazing part. But both Trackers have value in different ways. Please comment on your preference.

Edit: I swap between these guys at different times. I love traps so I tend to favor the kannen, but both are great options. Bug is definitely easier to keep alive.
    Deck synergies: Meta, Stealth

Tainted Vinecreeper 3/5
    [​IMG]
    (2/2/16)
    A decent option if you like the Hidden: Sand ability, this guy is a neat little ambusher. He brings some CC to your deck and has decent stats for his cost. I like him but he does not play to my style of game. Take Opportunistic and Entangling Attack for good damage and great CC.
    Deck synergies: Stealth
    Varu Dragon 3/5
    [​IMG]
    (1/23/16)
    Varu Dragon is in a rough spot. His slot is hard to justify at this time despite the damage he brings to the table. Due to Multi-attack and Sandstriker, this guy can deal out respectable damage but it is very low health with no noteworthy defenses. I like him in theory, but he gets killed easily compared to other options. He is a preferential include and brings good alt damage.

Sandhunter 2.5/5
    [​IMG]
    (2/2/16)
    I used to use this tune a lot but do not run him anymore. He isn't not bad but his short range hurts him compared to other options. He can be illusive with his Hidden: Sand ability. He also bring much needed magic damage and the all important sand spray.
    Deck synergies: Stealth, Beasts

Sand Spitter 3/5
    [​IMG]
    (1/23/16)
    Budget friendly sand range but pricey. I do not like to use him but others prefer him due to his great range. His 2x2 is a boon for trail:sand but it makes it harder to tunnel. I have never liked consume on him but don't forget it as it can save you in a pinch. Not a bad choice but cheaper options available. It boils down to if you want his long range

Farcrags Sandkip: 4/5
    [​IMG]
    (1/23/16)
    Ok so originally I wasn't sure about this guy when he was added but after playing with him, I love him. He has replaced my Sandstrikers as Sandkip has more utility while being a bit easier to keep alive. I run him as he comes at level one due to cost. I am a huge fan of Sandspray and the Tunnel is nice so I don't have to target him with Dunewalker. His main support ability is Sirrocco, which grants evasive and reflexive to friendlies on sand. This added to our FF bonus makes our tanks nigh invulnerable from attacks. It has a huge range and really helps protect all of your support pieces as well as your front liners but requires the sand set-up. He is fast so an early drop for grabbing fonts isn't bad. His Burning Sandspout is fantastic for range, DOT, and inhibit. Overall a great rune for sand. And don't forget he is a beast if you wanna run sand beasts.

Farcrags Tardigrade: 5/5
    [​IMG]
    (1/23/16)
    Best in-theme tank we have and one of the best tanks in the game. You can run him multiple ways based on preference, but I run him with Acidic Aura and Sandstriker. He is a beastly tank with Void Shield and Defensive Turtle anyway that adding the extra damage makes him a threat that can't be ignored. I would recommend you run 2x as he is both awesome and budget friendly.

Sundered Doombringer: 4/5
    [​IMG]

(1/23/16)
    The doomie is a bit different and I have a few combos in mind. He brings several good options to the table but is not needed. The Adaptive will add up some nice damage over time and Bounce or Doom can add good utility. They are solid choices but I don't use them normally. I don't have a lot of experience with them so I do not have a lot of info on them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So the next few champs I am grouping together because they don't fit into a sand deck but rather sand fits into their BGs. I am talking about the Myx. In particular Myx Broodlord, Myx Martriarch, and Myx Drone. They don't much if anything to other non-Myx BGs. Not that they are bad, but their strategies are based on the Myx and they merely use sand as a buff. I will leave them for the Myx players.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Woffleet, Gnomes, Anima26 and 2 others like this.
  5. fattyy2k

Myx Spitter 3/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    I like this guy because he bring an alternate damage (and decent damage at that), DoT, and is a ranged champ. I like him but haven't tried him out yet (on the agenda). For his price and abilities I would say he is worth the include if you want him. His Dissipate makes him a bit more complicated to plan around .​

Myx Sandlion 5/5
    [​IMG]
    (4/6/16)
    So our ranged Myx is back! The brought back his range, gave him Piercing Shot(3), option for Scour(1), great pick! Being ranged brought him up to a 5 as he has some of the longest range in the faction now. Definitely our best ranged choice for the sand theme.​

Myx Slasher 3.5/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    Mantel Damage: 19 another great choice as Multi-attack can help stack damage.
    Well this guys has potentially crazy damage output. You could max his upgrades without making him expensive. His main downside is a lack of durability. This guy with a Mantel on him would be doing 19 damage before Spur is factored in. If you add him, don't just leave him unprotected, but he is good to add.​

Dunes Manticore 5/5
    [​IMG]
    (4/6/16)
    Manticore has changed from his useless role and is now the best support time in the faction (imo). Bring Spellsurge and Heal for really good support. He has Sandspray to give out sandblasted and his Petrify has saved me quite a bit. He can lock down a font 1v1 with this ability. The strongest use I have found is targeting that one champ that is just a little too difficult to deal with which then allows you to focus on the other champs for a few turns. As an early deploy, he reveals more runes so it's a great scry effect. Bring at least one. I run two as the consistency helps and having two out for the heals is super strong. The Spirits Beyond patch gave him a psychic attack so now sand has even more damage variation and makes distracted/fading recollections not so bad.​

Sandstalker Dustdevil 2.5/5
    [​IMG]
    (1/23/16)
    After his changed he is playable, just not that great. Being immobile when he comes in is a huge hit against his usefulness. He is better than before, but not worth much in lieu of other options. Try him if you like him. I like to think of him as a damageless sandstorm with veil. He fits into Draksar sand the best but I have experimented with him enough to add more comments.

Skeezick Herder 1/5
    [​IMG]
    I will be needing to make a seperate section for sand beasts now.

Honorable Mentions

Krikkinwing Alpha 4.5/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    This is an honorable mention due to how awesome he is. He is a tank of tanks who brings some alt damage and both mele and ranged. Your opponents will be hard-pressed to kill this guy with such high defense, Tough, and Regeneration. His AoE just builds into the deck strategy. Worth a slot in any deck but definitely runs very well with sand. Just mind his price.​

Snogvie, the Ant-bear 4.5/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    Expensive, but just plain good. Use if you want as he is good in ANY deck. His on-deploy effect is gold along with his ability to distract.

Skeezik Bolter: 5/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    This guy is just a solid rune and bring a good source of ranged damage to the BG. Try him out if you can get a hold of him.

Skeezik Alchemist: 4/5
    [​IMG]

(4/6/16)
    A budget ranged option that brings great synergy. Has fire as an alternate damage, Initiative, and most importantly Grant: Action Potion. I freaking love this guy and he does great damage with mantel (and has an AOE attack). Spirits Beyond made him a bit pricier and I have removed him in favor of Valdaci Bolters, but he is still good.​

Dunes Enigma: 4/5

(1/23/16)
    Mantle Damage
    Another solid tank option. He has great ranges defense and plays well into the sand strategy of "can't kill me." I am running him with tremor and vitality: creation for max disruption and tankyness.

Spells

Sandstorm 4.5/5
    [​IMG]

(11/30/15)
    After than damage buff and the buff to manticore, this is a 2x in my sand. It's a great utility and debuff spell. Inexperienced was removed from the game so sand lost that :,(

Sandspout 2/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    This is a rune that is a bit underwhelming. It has a good effect but not good enough to want to spend the Nora on it. I do not recommend running it due to card slot value.

Burning Sands 5/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    If you are running sand, you need at least 1x. Great damage for the theme. Learn to use it and sand to get the extra Charred effect.

Thaw 1/5
    [​IMG]
    (11/30/15)
    Dont. Just dont.... If you know for a fact you are going up against a snow deck or going to play on snow terrain, then sure... but otherwise its bad :p

6. fattyy2k

Relics

Sand Generator 4.5/5
    [​IMG]

(1/23/16)
    This relic got another price drop recently and it has brought up its value. 25 nora is super solid for a font contesting relic as well as it is spot sand without sandblasting your own champs with Sandstorm. I now include one.
    NOTE: For new players, it is tempting to deploy this early and towards the back to slow-creep the sand over the map. DO NOT DO THIS. It hits your deployment tempo really hard to do that and now with all of the long range anti-relic (Seism) it is not a good idea. Use it tactically. You can drop it as spot sand if needed

Equipment

Dunewalker's Mantel 5/5
    [​IMG]

(11/29/15)
    This is is the scariest damage dealer in the deck. Whatever you equip with this will get a +7 Dmg boost while on sand. Put it on your ranged preferably.
    NOTE: For new players, do not just auto-equip this as soon as you have it. Wait until just before you are about to make the attacks to ensure your opponent has less of an opportunity to destroy/steal the equip.

Deck Tactics

BG examples (if you have a different build of any kind then msg me and I will include it here), here are my decks:

(1/30/16) This is my BG at the moment. I have been having some decent success and at least putting up a good fight. The missing two runes are Dunes Enigma as Poxbase has not been updated.

https://poxbase.com/deck/c7ZChGcxtCx+Cg0cfFCbpcwbc4UcaucdQS8osas84s73S2Fr2qr1OrPE1Fe3Y

(1/23/16) Here is a budget option. It still has some rares in it and the Mantels are the only exotics, but it shouldn't be hard to build this as someone who doesn't have access to a lot of runes.

https://poxbase.com/deck/Cv2c7ZChGCx+cfFCaJc8gc70CwbC4Us8os84s7usYS2Fs5jr2qr19rPe1lE1Fe3Y

(1/30/16)
    This is a Beasts sand BG I put together. I have only played a few matches but it has done well. Takes a little skill for the positioning due to heavy reliance on mele champs

https://poxbase.com/deck/ChGCzXcxtCx+CvTCkTcoAc4+ckNcvxCzVS8osas84s73S2FrPr3@E1Fe3Ae2I

So the sand strategy sounds simple enough. Throw sand out, get effect. It's a bit more complicated than that. The theme is not an auto win and takes some thinking and maneuvering. Much of the theme is slow but unlike many slow decks, it can handle that downside (as far as my experience goes). It doesn't have quick nuking power so you have to build it up. Sand is about being more resilient than your opponent through mitigation tactics. You need to get your tank out ASAP and find one or two other sand generating runes. Then pick your ranged champs and there ya go.
    • This deck type rocks the AOEs. Learn how to use them to punish your opponents. Between spells, Locust, KwingAlpha, and the Skywing, and the plethora of Sandspray, own champs. Note that this means you will need to learn good positioning to maximize the damage of your AOEs, mitigate the damage you do to your own champs, and set up the sand interactions.
    • Key tactics to think about is that this is not an ultra buff strategy. You need to combo your AOE debuffs to maximize your damage. This theme has good staying potential if played right. Learn your positioning and use the Dunewalker's tunnels to gain a positioning advantage.
    • Use the stealth but don't rely on it. It is used to protect against initial ranged attacks and it forces the expenditure of ap/Nora to find your champs. Beware AOEs in general, but you will get rekt if you decide to group all stealth champs around a single Lord. Certain BGs (yeti and bleed for example) will punish and/or make the stealth much less useful. Just accept it and plan around it.
    • Other spells that aid this theme are spells such as Quickening/Quicken/Draconic Benediction. These, while being the power turn spells for SL, give sand the extra punch it needs. Using tunnel uses up a lot of ap and the quicken spells help overcome that. I generally don't like running both Draconic Benediction and Quickening in the same BG due to cost. Battle fatigue can increase the tankyness of your BG and can help you champs get into a better position before you start hitting hard. Taint has some synergy with Draksar Sandstalker and can increase the survivability of a champ.
    • Consider equips like Legion Standard.this BG is very susceptible to cc and the equip really helps. Put it on a stealthed champ (mantid tracker is an amazing choice) and it will be very hard to remove. Runes like these counter the theme's weakness. Also Forbidden Fruit goes well as much of this deck can stealth. Stick it on the Kanen Tracker and kill a big nasty.
    • Relics such as Slum Market are also good for granting more attacks. I have grown to really like it because it gives sand an answer to super tanky units through Strike.
    • For anti equips, consider reforge or magnetism.
    • Do not get discouraged if you initially lose a font and are behind, just be patient and learn how to tank it out. I takes some practice and discipline not to just rush forward or rage quit. Just chill bro :p
    Current Ranked Season Status: TBD
    I hope this was helpful and I look forward to hearing everyone's input, ideas, preferences, and opinions! I just have one request, be nice to this noob :D

Gnomes, poinl, Anima26 and 3 others like this.
  7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Nice stuff man, I also like Sand theme(pretty much terrain themes) and the post is really well made. 10/10.

Anima26 and fattyy2k like this.
  8. fattyy2k

Thanx! What are your thoughts on the tracker debate? I am trying out the mantid atm for the declare target. But that 8spd is just soooo tempting

9. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Nice! I always wanted to try sand, but everyone keep saying that it was bad, and well,, I'm not so familiarized with SL to know what is good, now I have XD
    Really ty man. And I will prefer Tracker (I have allready use Kanen, they are my favorite theme) cause he is awesome :D

10. fattyy2k

Sand has always held a spot in my heart. I am not the best when it comes to playing, but I have been paying attention to games and other players. Idk if I would say sand is high level competitive, but I plan on working my way into the top ranks with it. I am initially in favor of the kanen but I will experiment and decide for myself. I plan on running two kanen if i like him just to help ensure I can get him first draw.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  11. ferganleonset

ferganleonset New Member

Amazing effort, thanks for the info, very nice

12. fattyy2k

I added a bit about the stealth and other good spells for the theme. I will be adding the damage potential for each champ with the mantle for reference.

13. fattyy2k

I added the Dunewalker's Mantle damage to each champ.

14. Ifem21

Hey man, can you post your bg as an example?

15. fattyy2k

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  16. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Not nearly enough mention of Battle Fatigue.

Otherwise, 8/10 for underplayed theme love.

17. fattyy2k

I wanted to work battle fatigue into my deck as I love it and it really helps sand. I will add that spell in the guide. Thanx!

18. Ifem21

So, you don't use K.Alpha and no Mix?I have made one, pretty much the same, but with one less Tracker, the Krikkingwin, and one less Negation Mage, for an Alpha, Myx Spitter (alt dmg yeaaah) and a Sand Generator. It's pretty fun to play with, but haven't tested it on ranked.

19. fattyy2k

The kwing was a typo in the link. I fixed it. I accidentally added the normal and not the alpha. I want two trackers for the chance to have them first draw. I only have 1 KwingAlpha so I learned the BG with only one. I like only having one of both him and the Scorp. I used to have sand gen, but competitively it's a tempo hit that you can't afford against meta bgs and rush decks. You lay down enough sand between imperators, lords, and other sources that it hasn't been an issue. I love the relic though! I don't run myx due to my own preferences in champs. If I feel I need more alt dmg then they are the go-to option. So far I have not suffered though. I do love those bugs tho

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  20. fattyy2k

And the imperators are extremely important. My BG needs them both for the alt damage, but these guys have wrecked face while working together. Look out for fading recollections tho