Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

If you're indirectly trying to call me out lol, mission successful. I don't want KF to be nerfed, but if this is what needs to be done to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else, there's nothing that can be done about it...other than change what needs to be changed... It's simple really. I get you're trying to hold onto what's familiar, but this could be good for KF and for future development. There wont be restrictions with stats and we can start to see some beefier units hit KF not having to rely on the +1spd anymore.

I as much as anyone am going to hate to see the bonus go, but if you're not able to adapt to change then I don't know what else to say.

Etherielin likes this.
  2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Well I disagree, I think the other road to go is to let KF champs gain their normal high speed and increased nora cost. And I don't think KF needs tanky units. Anyway, the most important I think is to hold on to the +1 max ap for both FF and split, at least not to let them nerf KF split too.

3. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

In response to the free movement bonus:
    Your arguments lose credibility when you constantly contradict yourself.

Xirone and Etherielin like this.
  4. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

What do people think about the other idea I posted earlier?

FF: If you deploy a real champion from the rune dock friendly champions within X spaces gain 2 AP, where X is twice the amount of real enemy champions. +1 AP cap.

Split: If you deploy a real champion from the rune dock friendly champions within X spaces gain 2 AP, where X is the amount of real enemy champions. +1 AP cap.

So basically if you deploy a champ other champs gain some AP, and the range of this increases with the amount of enemy champions out.

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

He still has credibility?

On topic:
    I can see this getting really ugly really fast especially with a lot of low cost elves. I don't think deploying champs should give AP to all other champs in range unless that range is restricted to an AoE of 2, possibly 1.

6. polltroy

What I meant is "the benefit of ap at deply is"... sorry about not being clear enough for you to understand the meaning.

7. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Both those statements were made in reference to AP on deploy. I know.

8. polltroy

yes and that's why they don't really contradict:

1) the kf bonus is good end game and especially for defending in front of deployment line, ie not close to enemy fonts or in enemy fonts or even in mid font

2) ap on deploy is good in beginning of game for capturing fonts, overrunning the enemy etc, but in late game its not worth so much, just for defending as described in 1). If you have 6 champs out with full ap, another one with 4 ap does not really make a difference...

9. Poxbrothers

I don't think it will be to strong, if it is deemed to strong you can only let it trigger once per turn and set a cap of maybe max 6 spaces, it might be a bit complicated though.

But you did give me another idea:

FF: If you deploy a champion from the runedock other champions within 3 spaces of this champion gain 1 AP for every 2 enemy champions up to 3 AP. +1 AP cap.

Split: If you deploy a champion from the runedock other champions within 3 spaces of this champion gain 1 AP for every 3 enemy champions up to 2 AP. +1 AP cap.

10. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Your new bonus looks like it sucks balls! Just check the cactus crate. So come on guys help me defend your bonus, I am doing this for nostalgia reasons; and also because I usually curb stomp KF due to their squishy champs, aka I know how to fight KF better than most other factions. Dont let trolls like meat troll convince your bonus needs wrecking, he has already admitted he knows nothing about balance.

11. polltroy

Lol i just checked cactus crate. So they have put there to buff st and is speed and to nerf the kf bonus, but they have NOT put there to buff KF speed. Sorry guys, now kf for real will be the slow faction. Also they want to nerf kf split bonus to oiblivion. No max +1 ap and deploy from third champ, so mid game we get 1 ap on deploy to compensate for 1 ap lost each round with the new low kf speed. Nice work. No more kf splits for sure. SOK took all my arguments personal and want to nerf not only lf but exactly what i use all the time maybe?

12. Vorian

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves letting a SP zealot fight your battle for you. Any1 who doesnt fight the KF bonus change isnt a true KF player!

13. polltroy

They prob think they gonna get +1 speed on each champ, but devs dont even plan to compensate kf for speed loss at all, they want kf to fall inti the ranks of all slow booring passive defender factions.

14. Vorian

KF is already the 3rd fastest faction without their bonus, KF is definitely not gonna get any speed boosts to their champs!

15. polltroy

Its what i think too. So much for that promise by SOK. Kf players can feel themselves outplayed by this coup d etat.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Unlike IS/ST, which could have their bonuses changed BEFORE buffing the FEW champions that need it. KF's faction bonus cannot be changed without the SPD of their champions being done at the same time. That is the whole reason KF's bonus hasn't changed yet, while the other two were changed much more quickly - because it is a much larger scope change.

Stop being insane.

17. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

FF bonus: +2 damage and +1 AP cap and Mobility to all champs.

split faction +1 damage and +1 ap cap to all champs.

Maintains 'fast but deadly' concept. +2 damage is significantly less than other faction bonuses, and mobility is like pseudo-speed so our ranged units don't get completely ***** and can actually disengage and fight when enemy rushes. Our tanky units even tend to be portrayed at lithe and agile, or colossal things that wouldnt be slowed down by being engaged. So that fits.

18. polltroy

Sounds better to me than currwnt proposal. At least kf can still be offensive this way.

19. Poxbrothers

I think the main reasons I don't like the new faction bonus us that it can be countered by the enemy relatively easily.
    I don't think this should be the case for faction bonuses.

In some games it will be nice and strong and in other games it will just be bad (for example it would be way stronger vs FS as they generally have cheaper champs than it would be vs IS as they mostly use more expensive champs).

I just think a faction bonus should be something static every champ that is deployed can enjoy in the same way.

Pathfnder likes this.
  20. polltroy

This new idea of faction bonus is like fillup, "lets find something that a few kf find exciting, then we can get rid of their faction bonus once and for all."

I have been warning thwt the problem with kf is not the speed, but that it became like the new moga. Funny fact is moga used ti have a very similar faction bonus like the new proposed jne for kf. So maybe its not coincidental thwt kf feels like the new moga, maybe thats exactly what the devs want?