Faction Bonus Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

So what do you think of my tweak to it so it doesn't feel so terrible:

FF: When deployed, friendly champions gain 2 AP for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 4). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.
    Split Bonus: When deployed, friendly champions gain 1 AP for every 2 opposing champions in play (to a maximum of 2). Friendly champions can store an additional 1 AP.

Osidan likes this.
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Anything that's remotely close to that is 100% acceptable in my eyes.

3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I think the new idea is too complicated, tbh having a mini initiative that requires you to count enemy champs through stealth/whatever other interaction for every single deploy to make sure you use it efficiently.. I mean sure we can do it.. But I think it will be confusing for newer players in the same way that SL bonus is still confusing to me now. Seriously trying to work out percentages quickly is really difficult. I'm azn and still can't do it!

Couldn't the bonus change be something really simple like

FF Champions with 6 or less speed have +1 speed
    split, champions with 5 of less speed have +1 speed

The current change is going to make half of our champions suck, unless there's gonna be a slog of buffs over everything that isn't 6/7 speed at the moment.

I am entirely for nerfing the bonus because we have some outliers that can take advantage of it.. but the slow things in faction can still use it!

When the UD faction bonus was considered too strong on range units, they split it up to give less damage to things of a certain range whilst still giving melee the much needed dmg
    Why is it that when the KF bonus is considered too strong on faster units, they gut it and remove it completely? Go for the UD change! keep the 5 speeders moving. sporegills will suffer everywhere!

(Wait I just totally thought, will sporegill get some AP when he hatches with this new bonus? IF SO NEVERMIND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW IGNORE MY POST ENTIRELY)

4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

0 bonus AP on first champ deploy and 2 bonus AP for your 2nd champ when you are going last place is a extremely weak ability. Especially considering then there would only a small number of KF runes in the whole faction that can cap a font 14 spaces away on turn 3. So basically we get to be even slower than IS with no spell resistance and worse stats in every category except range.

In fact, I think any faction bonus that is entirely dependent on your OPPONENT play is bad design.

Magic the Gathering has had much experience with 'punisher' style mechanics.....You always get the option that is best for your opponent....which is not a bonus at all.

If we are talking balance here, no more than a couple runes in any faction should have 8 spd. 8 spd is really strong because it effectively doubles your damage stat. But that just emphasizes the draw win runes even more.

It's not like KF is destroying the top 100 chart or anything. The only non support rune thats in most BGs is Arrowsinger.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The problem with this kind of bonus is that anything 7 SPD is overcosted because you'd just make it 6 SPD instead, but then anything 6 SPD is overcosted in splits...

Poxbrothers likes this.
  6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Isn't that the same with the UD bonus though?

I'm just worried anything without 6 or more speed currently will never see play again, what are your plans for the slower units?